I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 20

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 20

For four days I had been searching for Naraku. The first day I had went back to the wasteland to see if I could find any clues to his whereabouts. When I got there I was shocked to find nothing. Not even one stone was left from his castle. Either this whole thing had been an illusion, or he had a very good demolition crew. I figured it was probably the first. So all in all it was a waste of time to have gone back.

As I was dejectedly walking back to the forest I got another brilliant idea. Inuyasha and the others always found Naraku one way or another. They seemed to be more in tune with his evil doing then I was, so it made sense to see if they had found another lead.

By nightfall I had made it to Kaede’s village only to find out that the others had already left. All was not lost though because I could still pick up their scent. I tracked them throughout the whole night and was finally able to catch up with them in the early morning. Now that I had found them following would be a piece of cake. I left them where they were and found a spot of my own to sleep for a few hours.

I was awoken the next morning by noise from Inuyasha’s campsite. After listening to their conversations that morning I knew I had made the right choice in seeking them out. Apparently someone name Myoga had gotten some information as to where Naraku might be. Now I had never met Myoga, but I do vaguely remember Miroku talking about him. I had gotten the impression, from what Miroku had said, that he couldn’t be relied upon. Maybe I was mistaken.

So for the next three days I have been following closely behind Inuyasha’s group. I didn’t make any contact with them because if they found Naraku, and if there was going to be fighting, I didn’t want to get pulled into it. Normally I would want to fight alongside my friends, but in this body I will not be seen as a friend. My only goal is to find Aya and make sure Naraku doesn’t use her to cause any more damage. Only then will I be able to help the others. Besides each of them is so strong I doubt they’ll need the help.

“Come on guys, it’s been four days already, can’t you hurry it up?” I whispered quietly frustrated. “It’s not like I have forever.”

As if in response to my plea Inuyasha said, “Ok everyone, according to Myoga, just a little further south in a valley is where Naraku is hiding. We will take this night to rest. And in the morning we’ll go and get Amaya back.”

“It seems Myoga was right this time. Now that we’re so close the evil presence of Naraku is almost unbearable.” Miroku said.
“Yes it is very uncomfortable here.” Sango agreed.

“I hope Amaya is ok.” Kagome worried.

“I’m sure she’s fine.” Sango answered wrapping an arm around Kagome. “She is very strong and I’m positive she will survive.”

‘Oh my friends, you are so kind.’ I thought to myself.

A little while later they had finished setting up camp and went to bed. Instead of doing the same I left them there and headed for the valley myself. When I got there I was a little dismayed.

It was nighttime but the valley was almost pitch black. With my eyes being the way they were I was still able to see a little and what I saw was shocking. The whole valley was teeming with demons. I had thought our last encounter with Naraku was bad, but this was worse. At the very center was a Japanese style mansion. I could see the mansion clearly because right above that was where the only light source was coming from. In the sky was a thick veil of clouds that you couldn’t see through and no light was able to shine through from the other side. Only at the very center of the valley where the mansion stood was there a hole that let light in. It looked like the eye of a storm. It made it look like the mansion itself was producing the dark clouds.

‘Ha ha. Very funny Amaya, a mansion producing clouds. If anyone heard your thoughts they would think you had gone crazy.’ I thought scolding myself. ‘But getting past all those demons is going to be tricky. It will probably take all night.’ I sighed heavily and started to move.

The next morning I was exhausted. Sneaking up to a mansion that is surrounded by demons isn’t the easiest thing to do. Luckily for me most of the demons guarding the place were stupid. A few times I had gotten caught and had to kill the demon before he raised the alarm. Normally if you find a comrade dead you first thought would be that there is an intruder. But the demons that found the bodies would argue back and forth, accusing each other of being the killer. In most cases, this would lead to physical fighting, and one or both would end up dead.

It was a few hours after dawn when I made my way to the walls surrounding the mansion. I stealthily made my way over the wall when I heard a commotion coming from the entrance of the valley. It seemed Inuyasha and the others had arrived and were saying hello. From inside the mansion grounds I could hear the deafening roar from the demons as they started to counter attack. I almost decided to forget about Aya and help the others, but then rejected the idea. It would do no good if they got here just to be killed because Naraku was holding me “hostage”.

I turned my back to the noise and entered the mansion. The place was huge, but when I was making my way here from the side of the valley I got a pretty good idea of the layout. From the outside I could see that there was an inner court yard and had decided that was as good a place as any to start my search. Plus if I got lost I could just make my way back to that spot. Of course that was easier said than done. My spectacular sense of direction, or lack thereof, came back to bite me in the ass. In a few turns around some corners and I was completely lost. It was a good plan to use the court yard as a starting point, but it doesn’t help if you can’t get to the damn place first.

I was so frustrated that I just started opening random doors as I came to them. I didn’t even care how much noise I was making. I was about to open one door when I heard some voices coming from behind it. I paused to listen to the conversation.

“This body is starting to become useless!” said a frustrated voice. I was surprised that the voice was Aya’s. The person I was searching for was right behind this door. I was about to bust in when another familiar voice piped in.

“Master Naraku will probably have to find you another body soon.” Kagura commented. “Until then you should just wait here and stay out of the way.”

“But shouldn’t I be helping the Master?” Aya asked.

“No. You have served your purpose for now. Your presence has lured Inuyasha and Kagome here. Now Master Naraku can take care of them. Kanna and I will go and help defeat the others. When you’re needed I will come and get you.” She finished.

I heard her footsteps coming my way and ducked into an adjacent room. She paused by my rooms’ door like she had heard me, but she then continued on her way. I breathed a sigh of relief and peeked out the door to see if the cost was clear. When it was I stepped back into the hallway. I stood outside the room where Aya was and paused as my hand was reaching for the door. I gathered my courage and thrust the door open.