I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 21

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 21

Aya was sitting on the floor, by her bed matt, cleaning her sword. Her back had been facing me when I thrust the door open. She whipped around into a kneeling position with her sword ready. When she saw who it was she faltered. She didn’t seem to remember me at first but then it clicked. “You’re that demon that stopped me the other day.”

“That’s right.” I confirmed as I stepped into the room. The room itself was fairly small so two steps in and I was almost in touching distance from Aya. I drew my swords and Aya, who had gotten to her feet, took a step back.

“What do you want?” she asked nervously.

“I want you to stop listening to Naraku and leave Inuyasha and the others alone.”

“Ha! Why would I do that?” She asked after a brief pause. “Naraku is my Master, the one who created me, he would kill me if I betrayed him.”

“And I will kill you if you don’t.” I threatened.

“Why do you care about them? It’s not like you’re their friend.”

“That is none of your business. I just know that that body is not yours and you have no right to use it.”

“How do you know that?” she asked shocked. When I didn’t answer something seemed to dawn on her. “This is your body right?” She smirked.

“You’re not as dumb as you seem.” I replied.

She didn’t like that and said, “You said that I have no right to use this body, then the same applies to you. Who did you take that body from?”

“I didn’t take this body. It was given to me. When I have completed my purpose I will give it back.”

“Is your purpose to take your body back? If it is then you’re too late. This body is almost useless.”

“I know that already.”

“Then if you give that body back you will be killing yourself.”

“I will do what I have to. But I would rather not kill you if necessary. Will you stop trying to hurt my friends?” I asked for the last time.

“No. I will not anger Master Naraku.” She replied.

“So be it.” I said before I charged at her.

I rammed my shoulder into her chest and pushed her through the sliding door, on the opposite side of the room, into the inner courtyard. ‘Well I found the courtyard.’ I thought as Aya struggled to get to her feet. I didn’t waste the opportunity and kicked her in the face sending her flying backwards. If someone had done that to me while I was in that body they would have broken my neck. But it seems whatever magic Naraku used on that body made it stronger, and the kick did little more than irritate her.

She got up and rushed at me. When she got close enough she swung her sword in a horizontal slash at which I blocked with my right sword. With my left I tried to strike at her ribs but she managed to back away. I tried to strike her again with my right but was blocked. As I was unbalanced she managed to kick me in the chest knocking me down. As she brought her sword down on me I brought my swords up in an x and blocked her attack and pushed her away. I rolled to the side and got up on my feet in one swift move just in time to block another attack.

We continued fighting for a few more minutes and realized at the same time that we were evenly matched with our sword skills. We charged at each other again but instead of blocking her attack I slid and knocked her feet out from under her. Aya landed face down in the dirt and as she rolled onto her back I brought my sword down on her neck. Just as I was about to finish her she kicked at my knees throwing off my aim. I just managed to scratch her face before falling.

Luckily I only feel on my knees and was able to recover quickly. I turned to see Aya touching her face where I had cut it. Seeing her own blood seemed to enrage her and before I knew it I was flying backwards in to the mansions wall. I heard a lot of cracking and splintering. My left hand hit something hard making me lose my grip on my sword and then I felt a sharp pain in my right side.

I managed to get unsteadily to my feet and looked around. I realized I just didn’t go through one wall but three. ‘What the hell did she hit me with?’ I wondered. I tried to find my sword but couldn’t because of all the debris. I touched my right side and felt something sticking out. I looked down to see a big bloody splinter imbedded in my side. Just seeing it made me feel a little nauseous. ‘That doesn’t look good.’ I then heard someone stumbling through the wreckage and brought my sword up in a defensive position.

Aya had blasted me into the main hall of the mansion and I was able to hear the battle still raging on outside. But my main problem was Aya who just walked out of a hole in the wall.

Without any warning I wrapped my sword in flames and sent a wave of fire in her direction. She dodge rolled out of the way but I still manage to set the mansion on fire. I don’t know if it was because it was demonic fire or what, but the place lit up like a Christmas tree and started spreading fast. My hesitation gave Aya enough time to right herself.

We stood facing each other once again and started to attack. I keep my flames on my sword which gave me a slight advantage. Aya couldn’t get too close or stay close for long for the fear of being burnt. But I was losing blood and Aya was mostly unharmed. I knew that I couldn’t maintain the flames for long and thought of a desperate plan.

When my flames went out Aya became excited and lunged forward to stab me in the heart. Because my blade was shorter that lunge gave me the decrease in distance I needed to twist my sword around the guard of hers and flick her sword out of her hand. Without missing beat Aya punched me in the stomach and I went down on my knees again. I turned on my knees and sliced at her leg as she went for her sword. She did another face plant and I kicked her sword into the fire where she couldn’t get to it. As I turned to face her I got blasted off my feet again by what looked like a black sphere of energy. ‘That was what hit me the first time.’ I thought. I landed outside the mansion going through another wall to get there. The walls surround the mansion were destroyed and the battle was almost finished. I saw Inuyasha and the others fighting, I even saw Lord Sesshomaru had joined in. ‘He just can’t stay away.’ I thought smugly.

As I was looking around still lying on the ground Aya came up and stomped viciously on my right hand. She broke several fingers making me cry out in pain. She took my sword out of my ruined hand and brought it down to kill me. I lifted my left hand to block it but the sword was too sharp and it just sliced through. I howled in pain as my severed arm fell to the ground. I tried to get up and away but a foot held me down.

Aya looked down at me for a second then at the sword. She seemed to be trying to make a decision. She then cast the sword aside. I was baffled and angry. “Just kill me already!” I yelled. She just smirked at sat on top of me.

“Oh I’m going to kill you all right.” She said smiling. “With your own two hands as well.” She then wrapped her hands around my throat and started to squeeze. In the distance I could hear that the battle was over and people were yelling for Aya to stop, but she paid them no mind. I did the only thing I could think of. With my destroyed hand I grabbed the splinter in my side. ‘I won’t let you hurt my friends anymore.’ I thought while losing focus. I ripped the splinter out and stabbed up into Aya, between her ribs and into her heart. She looked shocked for a second before her hands loosened up and she fell to the side.

“No!!” I heard Kagome scream as she knelt by Aya. Tears were streaming down her face.

I was looking at her through fuzzy eyes. I just couldn’t seem to focus. “I’m sorry Kagome.” I said in a whisper, grabbing her attention. “It was the only way.” I couldn’t see her anymore and my hearing was going as well. But I did hear her asking me what I meant. I tried to answer but couldn’t. Nothing seemed to be working right anymore. The last thing I remember was feeling a comforting presence, then nothing.