I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Epilogue

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Epilogue

“Hey Aya, where do you want this?” my brother asked while holding a box up for me to see.

“Oh just put it right there. I will get to it later.” I responded. “Is that the last of it?”

“Yeah, I think so.”

“I can’t believe you put all my things in storage.” I complained.

“I had a reason for it.” My brother said defensively. “While you were gone someone broke into the apartment and took some stuff. Oddly enough one of the things was shampoo. Who would steal that?” he asked.

“Who indeed.” I whispered nervously to myself. “Are you going back to your girlfriends place?” I asked a little louder.

“Yes, but before I do I have something to tell you.” He paused for dramatic effect. “I want to ask her to marry me. What do you think?”

“I don’t care. It’s you who has to live with her for the rest of your life.” I replied sarcastically.

“You are so romantic Aya.” He said with just as much sarcasm. “I’ll take that answer as your blessing. See you later shorty.” He ruffled my hair and ran out the door before I could hit him.

“Don’t call me short!” I yelled after him. I heard him laughing as he walked down the hallway. “Well that was exhausting.” I said to myself.

It has been a month since I came back from the feudal era with Kagome. I was really very surprised when I woke up in Kaede’s hut once again. I was sure I had died permanently that time. When I woke up and asked Kagome about it she said that I did die and that Lord Sesshomaru had brought me back. I had forgotten that he had a healing sword and could bring back the dead. Kagome told me he wasn’t happy about it because he had to use it twice. He wasn’t sure which body my soul would return too so he had to heal both my body and the one Daisuke gave to me. It turned out well enough because I got my original body back and the other body got healed too.

The tiger demon turned out to be Daisuke’s wife that had died. When it got healed her soul returned to her body. Daisuke and her reunited and they left to live their lives together. But before he did Daisuke told everyone what had happened with me. All of them were in shock, except for Lord Sesshomaru, who had known most of it anyway. They were also concerned because when Lord Sesshomaru healed me I didn’t wake up right away. Daisuke’s wife however, did. Her name turned out to be Tora, which I thought was funny because I came up with that name randomly. Apparently her parents didn’t have that much of an imagination either.

When I didn’t wake up they were worried. I was alive and breathing but asleep. I blamed it on the fact that I hadn’t gotten adequate sleep for the past week. After I did wake up everyone was saying how sorry they were that they hadn’t noticed that something was off with the imposter and that they should have known that I would never betray them. They asked for my forgiveness, which I gave. Inuyasha was the only one that didn’t ask, but I could tell that he felt bad about it so I didn’t push the matter.

What surprised me even more was that Lord Sesshomaru had waited for me to awaken before he left. He said that it was because of Rin that he stayed, but I wasn’t so sure. I thanked them and even thanked Jaken with two heavy pats on the head. He didn’t like that very much but at least I didn’t call him a toad. I hugged Rin goodbye and she cried a little. She too was upset that she didn’t notice that I wasn’t myself. But I told her that besides Lord Sesshomaru she was the only one who did. I reminded her of the conversation we had at the river and told her that she helped me continue on. She seemed to calm down after that.

Lord Sesshomaru was the last one I thanked. As I was thanking him for bringing me back to life I held his one hand in both of mine. I thought for sure that he would pull away, but he didn’t. I don’t know what I was thinking at the time but after I thanked him I kissed him on the cheek and had to quickly dodge out of the way of his poison claw attack. From what I heard later from Inuyasha, Sesshomaru had quite a look on his face. I didn’t see because I was too busy running away just in case he came after me. He didn’t though. He took Rin and Jaken with him and I didn’t have to fear for my life yet again. I was embarrassed that I had done that but everyone else thought that it was hilarious.

Things calmed down after a few days and it was decided that it would be best if I returned home. I readily agreed. After dying two times I was adventured out. When they thought I was dead, the first time, Miroku had asked Kagome to go through one more time what had happened the night that I had arrived. When she did he realized that Kagome had to have activated the magic before I jumped in after her. So when we tried it she had to start the magic and I would jump in after her, but I also had to be touching her, or in the previous case her backpack. It took a little while to get the timing right but we eventually got it. And after several almost broken neck attempts we were back in our time period.

Kagome went back to tell everyone that we had made it safely back and I was left to think of a reason why I was gone for several months. As it turned out I couldn’t think of any reason good enough to tell the police. So I pretended to have amnesia for that time. The cops didn’t believe me and they took me to the hospital to get me checked out. The scans came back clear, which didn’t surprise me since I remembered everything that had happened. The cops tried to get me to tell them what happened but I stuck with my story. After a while they released me from the hospital and told me to tell them when I remembered anything. I said that I would and returned home.

The one good thing that came out of this is that while I was gone my brother did seem generally distraught that I was missing. He assumed for the first month or so that I was just doing something stupid and would return eventually. That wasn’t too far from the truth. But when the months continued to pass and there was no sign of me he got worried. It didn’t help that my apartment was “broken” into, when I told Kagome to get my things for me. When I came back virtually unharmed, they could tell that I had broken a few things, he was understandably angry and happy at the same time. While I was in the hospital we had a good long talk with each other and that helped to clear the air. We are still a little unsure around each other but I think it will only get better for here on out.

The one thing I can’t stand though is him calling me “Aya”. I know it was the nickname that our parents used for me but that name is forever more that Naraku incarnations name. Of course I can’t tell him that so I’m just going to have to deal with it.

Kagome came to visit me once while I was still in the hospital and told me that everyone was doing fine and that they missed me. She invited me to come back with her every once in a while, but I had to refuse. My life was here, and though I would miss them all, I just wasn’t cut out to be the adventure type. She said if I ever changed my mind the offer was still open. I thanked her and she left to go back to her house. Who knows maybe I might take her up on that offer a few years from now.