I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 3

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 3

Someone was shaking me. I mumbled and rolled over to my other side. I fell. ‘What?’ I thought. I opened my eyes just a bit to see a pair of feet right in front of me. ‘Feet?’ I thought. (I am very confused in the mornings.) I looked up and saw Kagome standing over me trying not to hard not to laugh. She had a right to laugh. It seems in my drowsiness when awakened, I somehow fell over one of the tree roots that were sticking up into the air. Because of this I was now sprawled out on the grass. My ass was sticking up in the air and my arms were spread apart with my face firmly planted in the ground. I blushed a deep red and quickly righted myself. I coughed a little to clear my throat with my eyes averted to anywhere but Kagome. "Is there something you wanted Kagome?" I asked politely. I knew my manners.

"Yeah actually. Everyone else is already up and we want to get started." Kagome informed me.

"Get started? Get started on what?" I asked confused.

"You know. We need to get you back home. Everyone said that they would help out. Though I don’t now how because only Inuyasha and I can go through the well." Kagome explained.

"Well it’s nice to know I have everyone’s support in this. I just wished I could have gotten to know them better." I said but I thought, ‘They must not like me very much. They want me to get out of here very badly.’ I kept that thought to myself. I smiled at Kagome and said I was ready to go back home now. So we started out. We passed Kaede’s hut and exited the small village. We just kept walking past the rice fields down a dirt path. We stepped off the path and went up a hill to where the forest began. We walked through the forest again passing the tree that looks like the one at Kagome’s place. ‘I guess they use it as a land marker so they won’t get lost in the forest.’ I thought. We finally made it to the clearing with the well. And as Kagome said everybody was there. Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara, and even Inuyasha, though he didn’t look to happy about it.

I just stood there feeling a little awkward. That is when Kagome broke the silence by saying, "Well we better get you back Amaya, people might be worried why you disappeared."

I nodded my head and asked "So how do we get back?"

"Well," she started, "I have never actually taken anybody with me before, but I am guessing it is just like normal. And by that I mean we will just jump into the well and it will act as a portal and take us back to our own time. We just have to make sure we have the jewel shards with us and we will be fine." Kagome explained.

"Alright let’s try it!" I exclaimed. Kagome and I walked up to the well and stepped up onto the edge. I grabbed Kagome’s hand and we looked at each other and nodded. We then jumped. I was expecting that nice floating sensation to take over again, but no such luck. After about a second of free falling we landed hard on the ground at the bottom of the well. I looked up hoping to see a ceiling when I saw blue skies and white fluffy clouds drifting slowly across the sky. I looked at Kagome and said. “I don’t think it worked."

"I don’t think so either." Kagome replied. She then shouted, "Hey Inuyasha, are you up there!" He replied with a "Yes." and we then definitely knew that we have not left the feudal era. We then climbed back up the well to meet a bunch of confused looking faces. Ours for sure showed the same thing.

"Well it’s obvious that didn’t work." Miroku stated. "Why don’t you give it a try with Inuyasha?" he suggested. Inuyasha grunted at that but grabbed my hand anyway and without warning jumped down the well. Inuyasha landed safely on two feet at the bottom, while I, the one not expecting the fall, landed with my face in the dirt. I spit out the dirt that had gotten in my mouth and yelled, "Why the HELL! Did you do that?! A little warning would have been nice!"

"If you were paying attention, you wouldn’t have done a face plant in the dirt!" he yelled right back. We just glared at each other when we heard Miroku say "Stop fighting you two, and get back up here." Inuyasha grumbled something incomprehensible and jumped up to the top with ease. While I was stuck climbing back up the damn side of the well. When I got back up the whole group, except Inuyasha who was sulking in the background, was talking about me being unable to get back to my time. I joined them and just listened. After a while we came up with nothing as to why I wasn’t able to get through. So instead of wasting time they decided we should just keep trying different ways so that one might just work. And that is exactly what we did. For several hours to be exact. Well it was more like two.

"Owww." I whined loudly. "I think I pulled something that time." I said while getting up off the bottom of the well. The well still wasn’t working for us. Inuyasha and I had just jumped down for like the hundredth time. And we still haven’t gotten anywhere.

"Well that’s what you get for being a klutz." Inuyasha sneered.

"Why don’t you just crawl up your own ass and suffocate!" I yelled frustrate. I really wanted to go home and Inuyasha’s attitude wasn’t helping. I climbed back up the side of the well once again. Inuyasha came up right after me. He started yelling at me while I just rolled my eyes.

"I bet no one even notices that you are gone. Nobody cares about you." Inuyasha yelled. That got to me.

"Inuyasha you no good, flee ridden dog, what the hell do you know about it. I hope you would just go and die!" I screamed. This continued for about five minutes. Kagome was looking worried while Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara were eating lunch some distance away just shaking their heads. I noticed this and said "Oh! Food!" and ignored Inuyasha and ran over to the others. "So what have we got today?" I asked like it was an every day occurrence. They told me and I started to dig in. All the while ignoring Inuyasha’s rants.

We were all heartily eating lunch when suddenly Kagome said. "I sense a jewel shard!" Everyone jumped up and started to get ready to leave. I just sat there looking confused with a piece of egg sticking out of my mouth. Kagome turned to me and said "Amaya you should go back to the village. The others and I have to go do something really quickly. It will be dangerous and I don’t want you to get hurt." I had stood up by then and said a little angrily "If you are going to fight I can help. I know how to fight!"

Miroku then decided to speak up. "I agree with Kagome, I wouldn’t want my future wife who will bare my child to get hurt." He said all of this while grabbing my hands. Sango got irritated and hit him over the head with the boomerang. She then said "I also agree with Kagome. You should go back to the village. What would your parents say if you came back hurt?" I still hadn’t told them my parents were dead. I didn’t want to tell anyone anything so personal. Especially since I barely knew any of them. So I was out voted. "Come Kirara" Sango shouted. I was astounded when Kirara was engulfed in flames and then the flames grew bigger. When the flames dispersed a huge saber-toothed cat was standing where Kirara was. It took me awhile to get that this was Kirara. I just couldn’t believe that this was Kirara. Sango, Miroku, and Shippo all jumped on Kirara and flew in the direction Kagome sensed the jewel was coming from. Kagome jumped on Inuyasha’s back and they took off with super speed.

"I can’t believe they just left me here." I said shocked "Why can’t I fight too. And what the heck is a jewel shard. Kagome is not telling me anything!" I yelled. "Fine, I will just follow them. I hope I can catch up." I said. I ran into the forest in the direction I had seen them go off into. ‘I hope I don’t get lost’ I thought. ‘This forest is kind of spooky when you are all alone.’ I continued. I walked for awhile until I found that I was completely and utterly lost.