I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 4

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!

Chapter 4

I was never good with directions but this was going overboard. I have never been so lost in my life. I was slowly starting to freak out. ‘I should have gone back to the village like they said.’ I thought while regretting my decision. ‘How stupid can I get? A smart person wouldn’t go searching for people in a strange forest, in a strange time, full of strange creatures.’ I kept on walking hoping to get turned around and walk right back to the clearing. It was wishful thinking that wouldn’t happen. I continued to walk for about half an hour. ‘Hopefully Inuyasha would smell my scent and come for me with the others’ I thought. As I was thinking that I came into a clearing. It wasn’t the same clearing as the one with the well. It was a lot smaller too. You could comfortably set up two camps with enough room in between to talk without the other people hearing.
But in this clearing there was a huge rock. But the rock wasn’t the thing that caught my attention. Leaning against the rock was a skeleton. It was clad in old armor and it had a sword in his right hand. The sword was sticking into the ground straight up. His right still even in death grasped the handle firmly like he was expecting an attack at any moment. His left hand was lying limply at his side. His right leg was stretching out in front of him while his left was bent at the knee and sticking up. I looked closer to examine the skeleton. I noticed that the skull on the left side was caved in. ‘He must have been knocked unconscious and just bleed to death.’ I figured because besides the cracked skull there was no physical damage to be seen on the skeleton. I then examined the sword he was holding. It was a Japanese katana obviously. The hilt was nothing special just white and black. But the blade was something to marvel at. It had intricate designs all over it. It had the words Freedom, Honor, and Glory written on the sword. I looked at the blade itself. It didn’t seem to have any chips or scratches on it. ‘Who ever this guy was he took great care of his sword.’ I thought. I reached out with my right hand and touched the blade on its cutting edge and ran my finger down it. I pulled back slowly when I felt my skin being cut. I had expected it to be dull but it was just as sharp as if it was made yesterday. I brought my finger to my lips and licked the blood off of it.
I went to pick up the sword but jerked my hand back and spun around when I heard a loud scream. It sounded like a child’s voice. I peered through the thickness of trees surrounding me. I was trying to find the source of the scream when I heard I again. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I heard before something bolted out of the bush behind me. It tackled my legs but I remained standing. I looked down to see a little girl about 10 years old clutching to my legs. She looked up at me and said in a desperate voice, "Help my please."
I was about to respond when a huge ass demon appeared in front of us. The little girl cowered behind me. The demon came charging at us letting out a long and malicious roar. With lighting fast reflexes I grabbed the sword from the skeletons bony hand and slashed at the demon. I got him in the stomach. Leaving a pretty long gash I was surprised when I heard the thing give out an evil chuckle. "Is that the best you can do little girl?" he laughed insanely. "This is going to be fun." he continued. He raised his massive clawed hand and brought it down on the side of my head. I was thrown to the side and gave a loud grunt. I felt really dizzy and I shook my head to try to get my bearings again. Just as I was about to succeed in that I felt the demons claws sink into the flesh of my back as he picked me up and threw me back into the middle of the clearing. The girl from earlier was crouching next to the big rock. ‘At least the demons distracted with me so she can run away.’ I thought as I picked myself up off the ground. I clutched the sword in my hand for dear life. I was completely terrified at that point. Sure I’ve been in battles before but that was really just a duel between two students at the dojo. It was all staged and under the supervision of the teacher. Not to mention that we used wooden swords. So yeah I was screwed.
But I stood tall and pointed the sword in front of me and glared at the demon in front of me. I felt the blood from the scratches run down my back and soon through my shirt. I also felt the blood dripping off my chin from when I got hit in the head. I was still a little light headed. The demon slowly started to stalk towards me with a twisted grin on his face. I held the sword in front of me. I had to think. ‘I have to concentrate. If I don’t both me and the kid will be dead.’ I tightened my grip on the handle of the sword. I took my stance so I could defend against the coming onslaught.
The demon then charged at me giving a great roar. He swung his razor sharp claws down on me yet again. But this time I was prepared. I stopped his claws with the blade of the sword, but wasn’t fast enough to stop his fist from nailing me in the side. I felt a sharp pain going up my side and it was difficult to breath. I stumbled but regained my balance. Every breath I took brought me a great amount of pain but I refused to show it. This time without warning the demon came at me again but I brought the sword from the lower left to the upper right in a great swing. I hit the demon leaving a deep gash in his stomach, chest, and left shoulder. I took a step back and watched as the demon started to bleed profusely from his wound. He stood there shocked for a moment before charging at me again. But this time in a blind rage. It took everything I had to block his mindless attacks. He left no room to counter. He kept trying to hit me as I blocked with the sword. His attacks were so powerful that I was losing ground by being pushed back. He forced me back so far that we were at the edge of the clearing, right into a tree. He brought his claws down on me one more time knocking the sword away from my body leaving me wide open for an attack. He smirked when he saw this and brought his hand down. With speed and agility that I did not know I possessed I ducked under his arm and with the sword still lightly grasped in my hand and stabbed him right in his heart.
He left out a blood curdling scream and dropped down dead. Exhausted I dropped down onto my knees. I was breathing heavily and I hurt all over. ‘That is the last time I try to go somewhere by myself.’ I thought. ‘Speaking of being by myself where is the child at?’ Just then the kid came running out from behind the rock she was hiding behind. "Thank you so much for saving me. I didn’t know what to do. They just kept chasing me all day. I was very scared." she said. ‘Well it’s not like I had a choice in the matter. I was being attacked to.’ "Wait did you say they? There are more chasing you?!" I screamed while jumping up. I looked around me frantically. I didn’t see anything between the trees or further out into the forest. My heart beat started to slow down a bit when I heard numerous chuckles from all around me. I stared wide eyed as a huge number of demon appeared around us. ‘Oh shit.’ I thought. ‘I could barely handle one and now this!’ I started to edge away. I knew I couldn’t win this fight, not alone at least. I just so happened that I backed into a demon. I stood rigid and slowly turned around. I looked up into this horrible demons face. His purple skin, sharp teeth, and red eyes frightened me beyond belief. I gasped and took a step back. The demon just laughed. The child was clinging to my pants. She was mumbling something that I could not hear. I refocused my attention on the hoard of demons in front of me. They were all snickering and laughing saying how they will kill me and pick the flesh off my bones.
I decided then that I would not stick around for this. I was going to grab the kid and make a run for it. I knew if we stayed there that we would die. So I started moving toward and edge of the forest with which looked like held the least amount of demons. The girl was still clinging to me so she moved with me. I was so focused on the demons in front of me that I didn’t notice that the demons in the back of me started to move up slowly. That is until I felt a tugging at my leg. I looked down to see the little girl staring wide eyed behind us. I turned my head to see the demons coming closer. When the demons noticed I had seen them they charged at me. I don’t know what came over me then but I guess it could be explained by the adrenaline running through my veins. But as every demon came at me I hacked and slashed at them. I was doing some pretty good damage to. But I was getting a good number of wounds myself. With each cut I got I could feel the life draining from me. ‘We have to get out of here!’ I thought frantically. ‘If I could just get to an opening I could bolt right out of here!’ I was so focused on slaying the demons that I was completely surprised when a fire ball came out of nowhere. I thought at first it was aimed at me but soon realized that it was actually aimed at the demons around us. I looked around trying to find our savior when something small and green was hurled into me almost knocking me over. I looked down to see a toad looking thing lying at my feet holding a staff with two heads on it. One was a female the other was a male. The green toad got up and brushed himself off. It was then the little girl spoke up. "Master Jaken! I am so glad to see you!" When she said this she ran up to him and started to hug him. "Get off of me you silly girl. This is no time to be celebrating anything. Can’t you see the situation that you are in?!" he said with a squeaky voice. "Where is Lord Sesshomaru, Master Jaken? Wasn’t he with you?" "Yes he was, but when you disappeared I had to come searching for you. Now look what you’ve gotten us into!" he said turning away from her while sticking his nose up into the air. "But is Lord Sesshomaru coming?" The girl asked worried. "Who would come for you, but he will come for me his most faithful servant!" Jaken sneered. ‘What a suck up!’ I thought to my self.