I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 6

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!
Chapter 6
No ones P.O.V.
(Earlier that day)

"That was disappointing. It was another fake jewel shard." said Kagome. "Well at least everyone is okay."

"Your completely right Kagome." said Miroku. "Besides whatever Naraku is planning won’t work. We will defeat him no matter what, even with these fake jewel shards to throw us off course."

"How can you two be so happy! That damned bastard Naraku is getting stronger every time we see him! At this rate he will have all the jewel shards except the few we have managed to find.!" Inuyasha hollered.

"Inuyasha, just calm down. Everything will turn out all right. Besides I have a very bad feeling. There is a great amount of evil auras coming from the South of here." said Miroku. “I think maybe we should check it out."

"I don’t know Miroku. We should get back to the village. Amaya is waiting for us. She must be worried. There doesn’t seem to be any villages around that area so it should be fine for now. Let’s check it out later." concluded Sango. Shippo jumped in then and said. "I agree with Sango. Let’s get out of here." Everyone finally agreed to check it out later when the winds direction suddenly changed and Inuyasha got a whiff of the scents coming from the South. ‘I know that scent. It’s Amaya. What is she doing way over there?" he questioned. He then smelled another person that he knew very well. "Sesshomaru!" he called out heatedly and started to dash away into the forest away from the group. Kagome and the others had been walking on foot through the forest after the fight with one of Naraku’s demons. They all called out to Inuyasha telling him to stop but realized that he was long gone. Sango had Kirara turn into her saber toothed form and they all got on and rushed after Inuyasha.

It didn’t take long for them to catch up to Inuyasha. Kirara was just about as fast as him. They were almost near the place that Miroku said he felt a great amount of evil auras. It didn’t take long and there they were in a clearing. They came just in time to see Lord Sesshomaru holding Amaya by the throat against a tree. Her feet were lifted slightly off the ground. Sesshomaru’s right hand was glowing an eerie green color. ‘He’s using his poison claws on her!’ Kagome thought frantically. Without thinking she yelled out Amaya’s name with worry the same time Inuyasha called out Lord Sesshomaru’s name with hatred. That is when they saw her head drop. Seemingly dead. Inuyasha rushed forth blade drawn. He yelled as he took a swing at Lord Sesshomaru. In order to avoid the blow he had to drop Amaya on the ground. Inuyasha said to Kagome, "Help her." then he ran after Lord Sesshomaru again. Kagome rushed to Amaya’s side and tired to find a pulse. She was relieved, though a little worried, when she found a weak, unsteady one. Kagome called the others over and got Miroku to help lift Amaya up on Kirara. "We have to get her to the village. She needs medical treatment fast.!" Kagome stated. "You two take her back. I will stay with Inuyasha." They agreed, though rather reluctantly, and told her to be careful. They wasted no time and flew on Kirara’s back to the village. Kagome turned back to the fight between Inuyasha and Lord Sesshomaru. ‘I hope she will be alright." Kagome thought worriedly.
"What have you done to her you bastard!" Inuyasha yelled. He had seen a lifeless Amaya being taken away by Sango and Miroku on Kirara’s back. Though he hated to admit it he was worried. She was, after all, Kagome’s only friend here from her time.

"Dear little brother, I am surprised. You care for another human wench besides the one you already have. You seem to be getting greedy." Lord Sesshomaru sneered. "Is she why I have had the honor to meet you here today?" he continued.

"Shut up Sesshomaru! I care nothing for that girl! She is Kagome’s friend, not mine!" Inuyasha bellowed.

"Your voice says that but your eyes tell me differently, little brother. Do not try to fool me. You were worried about that girl." Lord Sesshomaru suddenly jumped back to the edge of the clearing. "I have grown bored of this meeting." he said while turning and walking away. Inuyasha screamed after him, "Come back here!", but Lord Sesshomaru had already disappeared. "Inuyasha lets hurry, we have to get back to the village!" Kagome exclaimed. Inuyasha agreed and picked her up on his back and darted towards the village. They were there in a matter of minutes.

They went straight to Kaede’s hut. They knew the others would be there. When they arrived they found Sango, Miroku, Kirara, and Shippo all sitting outside of the hut with grim looks on their faces. Kagome started to think the worst had happened. She practically ran up to them and asked, "Is she alive? Is she going to be ok?!"

"Hold on there Kagome. We don’t know anything yet." Miroku started to explain. "When we got here with her Kaede got immediately worried. She told us to take her inside so we did. After that we helped her get what she needed and then she told us to get out. She said we couldn’t help her for the moment."

"Oh, ok. But how did she look. When I checked her pulse is was awfully weak. Did it change since then?" Kagome asked.

"No it didn’t. If anything it got worse. But I can tell you one thing." Sango said. "Sesshomaru’s poison was not the only thing that contributed to her fainting like that. Of course it helped a great deal. Did you see all of those demons bodies back at the clearing?" Sango asked. "I believe that Sesshomaru saved her from those demons for whatever reason, but not before she had gotten badly hurt. It is not like Sesshomaru to toy with his victims. He is serious and just kills them." Sango explained.

"Well it’s not like him to save humans either. You know how much he despises humans. The only human he can stand is that little girl Rin." said Inuyasha. "Any way who cares if he saved her?! He did just try to kill her too you know."

"That is what me and Sango have been talking about." said Miroku. "It is true that Sesshomaru doesn’t go around saving humans. We believe that the presence of those demons attracted him to that spot. The demons then seemed to get in his way and then killed them. I think saving Amaya was just the outcome of his decision. I also believe that if Amaya hadn’t said something to insult him and draw attention to herself that he would probably have just ignored her. Sango agrees with this. What do you guys think?" Miroku finished.

"I think," Kagome started, "that we should wait until Amaya wakes up and is feeling well enough to talk to us to ask."

"Well I do think it is interesting that he saved her, but he also tried to kill her." Inuyasha said. "Sesshomaru is Sesshomaru. There is no mystery here. That is just who he is. He is a cold blooded killer and nothing is going to change that fact. Ask her if you want. Just don’t go looking for my opinion." Inuyasha huffed while he walked away and then jumped into a tree on the far side of the hut.

"Well, Inuyasha does have a point. Nothing is going to change Sesshomaru. But I am still interested in how Amaya got surrounded by all those demons. And where did she get that sword she was holding?" Miroku wondered.

"What sword?" Kagome asked with slight puzzlement in her voice.

"Didn’t you notice? She had a sword in her right hand. Though we left it back at the clearing. I didn’t see the need in picking it up. She can’t use it right now." Explained Sango. Just then the flap of Kaede’s hut was pushed aside and the old woman herself stepped out into the evening light. "Well is Amaya going to make it?" Sango asked worried.

"It is too soon to say." Kaede said solemnly. "Besides the great loss of blood and a broken arm she is suffering from many gashes and cuts. She also has a high fever that if I do not bring down will surely be the cause of her death. She is stable enough if ye want to see her. But do ye not wake her." she said the last parts to everyone but she was looking at Kagome when she said it. Every one nodded and walked into the hut. On the far side near the pit where the fire should have been was Amaya. She was lying on her back. Kagome and the others gathered around her and sat down. Amaya’s head was wrapped in bandages and her left arm was in a makeshift sling over the top of the blanket that was on top of her. She was visibly uncomfortable. She seemed to be having a dream. Her face was all sweaty and was scrunched up like some bad memory was causing her pain.

Out of nowhere Kagome started to sob. "This is all my fault!" she cried. "If I hadn’t been so careless at home by the well this never would have happened! Now she is hurt and it is all my fault!"

"Kagome it is ok. She is going to be just fine. She looks bad now but she is strong. She’ll pull through." Sango said comfortingly.

"Thanks Sango. But could you guys leave me for awhile please?" Kagome asked. Sango giving in to the plea just nodded and stoop up and left taking the others with her. She gave one last look to Kagome’s back and left the hut after the others leaving Kagome alone with the tormented Amaya.