I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 8

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!
Chapter 8

The next day the group told Inuyasha that I was willing to help them in their fight against Naraku. Inuyasha just scoffed and said. "What can that stupid crippled do? She will only get in the way! She should just stay here." Of course he had the audacity to say this right in front of me. It had gotten me so angry that I started throwing stuff directly at his head. This didn’t help me very much since I was still injured. But we continued to argue until Kaede stepped in and told Inuyasha to behave or leave. He left. I was smug that he got kicked out, but he did have a point. My injuries were still to severe for me to even walk around. Plus my left arm was broken so I couldn’t use it for about three more weeks. The others wouldn’t wait for me. They were going out the first thing tomorrow morning. I would be a hindrance so they were leaving me here. I couldn’t blame them. Which brought up another problem. Even if they would get the sword that I was using in the clearing I didn’t know if I would be of any real help. I could do fine against another human, but even Inuyasha would be difficult to beat and he is only a half demon. And this Naraku guy is supposedly strong enough to control full demons.

I sighed, then stretched and yawned at the same time. I winched when my arm and throat and everything else started to throb. Apparently Lord Sesshomaru used his poison claws on me back at the clearing. So my throat was burned slightly. It hurt me every time I talked, swallowed, or did anything that involved the throat. It was quite annoying. I couldn’t wait until everything healed. I was quite surprised when I woke up. I was sure that I was dying. Maybe I was. ‘But it would have been better if they didn’t save me.’ I thought. ‘I am always a burden on someone. No! I can’t think like that anymore or I really will be useless.’ I nodded slightly to myself and slowly started to lower myself to the floor. It had just turned full dark outside and everyone had already gone to bed. So it was completely dark in the hut. I was so tired even though I didn’t do anything. It made me angry that I was this weak, but I know that I was only human. I laid there for awhile until I slowly fell into a pain filled sleep.

Two weeks later I was almost completely healed to an extent. I was still kind of sore but it was bearable. My arm was still in its makeshift sling and my throat was still slightly red. Nothing I couldn’t handle. The gang had left that morning two weeks ago. And had come back once so Kagome could go to out time and get more supplies. They left when she came back. They also stopped at the clearing on the way back to pick up the sword I was using. So now I have it with me where ever I go. I think it makes some of the villagers scared. I couldn’t care less. I guess I could call it my sword now. It’s not like the guy could get it. I was pretty sure that the demons had trampled all over the skeleton. I thought that was a sad way to treat someone’s remains, but they probably wouldn’t care.

This fine morning I was walking on the outskirts of the village. Kaede said that I should patrol the area for any demons. I appreciated the thoughtfulness of her trying to make me not feel completely useless, but Kagome already told me that the village was rarely ever attacked. So here I was "patrolling" the village outskirts with my trusty sword by my side. I had to admit it was keeping me occupied. It also gave me the chance to get to know my surroundings. I’ve gotten to know most of the surrounding forest. In saying that I now know the way to the well by heart, all the good it will do me. I can’t get back, so knowing the way just makes me all the more depressed about the situation. For some reason I always find myself inadvertently heading towards the well. Today I choose to go there. I said it always depresses me to come here, but it also helps me think. Lately I’ve been thinking about a lot of things, but mostly why I can’t go back. And that was what I was thinking about as I sat down by the well with my back leaning against its side.

‘Why won’t you let me go back? Is there something that you want me to do? If that’s it I can’t do it! Just, please let me go home!’ I pleaded in my thoughts. My pleas were interrupted when I opened my eyes, not knowing that I shut them, to find a small figure come running out from the forest.
"What the...?" I started to say as I started to stand, before the figure plowed into me. Luckily I didn’t fall, but I lost my balance slightly. When I completely regained it again I looked down to see the little girl Rin hugging my waist with her face buried in my stomach. "Rin! What’s wrong?" I asked.
"He is chasing me!" she replied looking up at me with teary and petrified eyes.

"Who’s chasing you?" I asked a little more calmly. She was about to answer when something came bursting out of the woods. What looked like a white baboon came racing towards us. I shielded Rin by putting myself between her and the baboon. Rin was slightly trembling behind me when the thing spoke with an all too human voice.

"Hand over the child, girl and I won’t hurt you." he said with a deep cold voice.

"How come I don’t believe you? Plus why would I hand over a child who is clearly frightened of you?" I replied getting a little smart with him, which has always been a problem of mine.

"My reasons are none of your concern girl. Just give her to me or I will make you." he said just as coldly.

"Are you threatening me? You shouldn’t do that if you want something. You should try and sweet talk me."

"Just give me the child!" he said getting angry and impatient. Those two never go well together.

"I don’t think I will." I said getting into a stance and drawing my sword.

He laughed then sending chills down my spine. I got more tense and listened when he said, "You think a weak human like you can defeat me? Well I am busy so I don’t have time to play. I believe that I will just kill you." He said that so simply that I was surprised how passive he was about killing someone. But I didn’t have time to worry about that because right after he finished speaking long brown tentacle things shot out from underneath the baboon. I knew now that is was only a baboon pelt.

Before I had any warning one of the tentacles came shooting out at me and sent me flying over the well and skidded to a stop on the other side. When I hit the ground my left arm was jarred so now it was a throbbing useless hunk of meat instead of just a useless hunk of meat. Amazingly my right hand still held my sword and I swung it as another tentacle came zooming at me. I only knocked it lamely to the side away from me with a small amount of force due to the fact that I was still lying down and I swung with only one hand. I got up as fast as I could as more and more tentacles surrounded me. I kept batting them away as fast as I could, trying to get to Rin.

I looked around only for a second and saw that Rin had been captured by one of the tentacles and was passed out. In that second I turned, right, away from a tentacle I didn’t see coming from the front. It slammed into my left side, right into my left arm. I only heard a crack and then a horrendous pain filled my senses. I guess I fell to the ground because the next thing I know I am being lifted into the air. All the while I heard a sadistic chuckling. I was in even more pain because of him lifting me because he was lifting me up by my left arm. Obviously I had re-broken it. Through the pain I heard him say, "Now do you see the difference in our powers?"

"Fuck you." I said through gritted teeth. He didn’t seem to like my response because her started hitting me over and over again, jerking me around causing me more pain then necessary.

"It is now time for you to die." he said as he raised one tentacle and it raced toward me. I guess he meant to impale me but never got the chance, because a blade came flashing in front of me, cutting the tentacle holding my wrist. I fell to the ground immediately cradling my arm. I looked up to see Lord Sesshomaru standing in front of me.

"Lord Sesshomaru. You seem to have made it past all of my demons." He didn’t seem too surprised about the fact that Lord Sesshomaru killed all of his demons.

"Enough of this." Lord Sesshomaru said. He suddenly disappeared and then re-appeared next to the baboon. He then just as suddenly sliced its head off. I watched as the body crumpled to the ground and Lord Sesshomaru went to Rin. He was beside her when she woke up.

"Lord Sesshomaru?" she said blinking up at him. Then she shot up and started to look around frantically. She caught my gaze and smiled. "You’re alright!" she said with tears of joy in her eyes.

"More or less." I replied. She got up and ran to me and threw her arms around me being carful of my left arm.

"I thought you were going to die because of me!" she confessed sobbing quietly.

"Trust me; if I was going to die it would be because of my own inability to do what I must to survive, not because of you. Anyway who was that guy?" I asked looking at Lord Sesshomaru who was watching us.

"Naraku. Or a puppet of his anyway." he said blandlyA