I'm in the Feudal Era!

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA! Ch. 9

I’m in the FEUDAL ERA!
Chapter 9

“Th… that was Naraku?!” I stuttered. “And what do you mean by puppet?”

“Surely my little brother informed you of all the things Naraku can do.” He said sarcastically.

“Well Inuyasha and I aren’t exactly friends. He doesn’t talk to me and I think he is a dumbass.” I said nodding my head knowingly. I looked up to see Lord Sesshomaru walking away from. “He… hey! Wait up!” I yelled getting to my feet. I started to run after him. When I caught up to him I placed my hand on his shoulder and tried to turn him around to face me.

The next thing I know is that I am being lifted off the ground by my throat with Lord Sesshomaru’s hand clenched tightly around it. I grabbed his wrist with my right hand trying to pry it off. The only thing it managed to do was make his hand tighten. “How dare you touch me you filthy human.” Sneered Lord Sesshomaru.

“Lord Sesshomaru please don’t hurt her!” Rin cried while pulling on his pants. For whatever reason he listened to her and dropped me on the ground. I had a little coughing fit and when I looked up Lord Sesshomaru was already at the edge of the clearing with Rin running to catch up to him. She looked once back at me before they both disappeared into the forest.

I gave an exasperated sigh and winched my way up to my feet. My sling had been ripped so I couldn’t use it any more, that meant I had to go back to the village and ask for another one. I picked up my sword and thought, ‘Damn! Kaede is going to kill me for this! After all the time she spent to making me better. I go off and get hurt again. It’s not like I’m Inuyasha and can heal quickly. I am such a bother.’ Each thought was making me more depressed as I dragged myself back to the hut.
I pushed aside the flap to see Kaede sitting on the floor making food. She immediately saw my appearance and was worried. “Child what did ye do to get so messy?” she asked while standing up and hurriedly walking to me. It was then that she noticed my limp left arm. “Ye broke ye arm again!” she exclaimed. I didn’t say a word and looked away in shame. She made me another sling for my arm since the other one got trashed. I had also taken a bath and cleaned the rest of my wounds, which were only little scratches.

The next four weeks came and went. In that time the gang had come back and left again. It was half way through the first week when they had come back. They were surprised to learn that I had broken my arm again. For some reason I didn’t want to tell them about Lord Sesshomaru and Naraku. So to explain why my arm just suddenly broke I told them I had tripped down a hill. When Inuyasha first heard that he cracked up laughing and fell to the ground. He had been sitting up in a tree so he hurt himself a little. I expected that, besides Inuyasha no one believed me, but that was fine because they didn’t ask me about it. The second day that they were here Kagome decided to go home and get more supplies. I had asked her to get some stuff for me. She has agreed and also said that she would see if the police or my family were looking for me. I thanked her, but doubted that my brother really cared if I was gone or not.

When Kagome came back she said that my disappearance was not widely known. The police knew about it she had said, but they were not searching extensively for me. I had given Kagome the name to my apartment building and the number to it also before she left. She had gone to my apartment to get some of my things like clothes. When she was there she had found out that my apartment had been looked through. This really didn’t bother me because it was probably from the investigation. I worried me a little to wonder if my brother would keep paying his half of the rent. I always pay a couple months in advance so I am pretty much ahead of the game. I’m also worried that he might get rid of my things. Not that it should matter, if I can’t get back.

So when Kagome came back and told me the news I wasn’t really surprised. I believe this confused her and everybody else. I found it kind of funny, but kept that thought to myself. I still haven’t told them about my family issues, but the way I see it is that they didn’t need to know. This kind of made me feel bad because the others, excluding Inuyasha, have been very open to me. I really did like these people, but I know that as soon as I got back, if I did get back, to my own time that they would eventually forget all about me. That thought made me extremely sad because I know that I would never forget them. ‘I’m such a depressing person.’ I thought to myself.

The day after Kagome had come back from our time the gang set out to continue their journey. I watched them leave with regret in not being able to go myself. I sighed and walked back into Kaede’s hut. I have since retired in patrolling the village outskirts. Every time I feel myself being pulled to the well I resist. Me sitting around doing nothing all day continued for two more weeks. I could tell that my arm was much better, but refused to use it until fully healed. In my boredom I started helping the villagers out. I think I still made them nervous. I contributed this to me being from the modern era. You think that they would be used to me because of Kagome but no. The reason I believe for this is because she is the reincarnation of Kikyo while I was just an outsider.
The gang came back one more time before the four week deadline. They didn’t stay for long. They had gotten into a lot of battles and needed more supplies. Kagome immediately went back to our time to get some. When she came back they set out again. Sango and Miroku had informed me in her absence that they had found a lead to where Naraku could be hiding. I got a little worried about them. “You guys be careful ok. I don’t want you to come back hurt.” I informed them.

“This coming from a person who got hurt walking outside.” Scoffed Inuyasha. He was referring to my lie about my broken arm.

“I wasn’t directing any part of my comment to you Inuyasha. So why don’t you do me a favor and but out!” I yelled. I could tell Inuyasha was about to pummel me when Kagome appeared. They immediately started to leave. As they were heading off down the dirt road I yelled while waving, “Be careful!” I’m not sure if they heard me, but I hope they come back safely.

I was a nervous wreck for the next week. There had been no sign of Kagome or the others. Most of the time you could find me pacing back and forth at the edge of the village. I swear I left a hole in the dirt road where I had been pacing. I was so worried that I completely forgot that the end of my fourth week had come.

Kaede came up to me one morning saying that she wanted to see my arm. I had been up all night waiting for the other to return at the road. I was confused and tired so I didn’t get it right away why Kaede would want to see my arm. So I asked. “Why do you want to see my arm Kaede?”

“Why child, it’s been four weeks since ye broke ye arm. It should be healed be now.” She informed me. “I want to take a look to make sure that ye arm is all better.”

“Oh! I completely forgot. Sorry Kaede and thanks.” I said while raising my arm for her to check it out. She looked at it and made me flex it.

“Do ye feel any pain?” Kaede asked. I shook my head no. “Then it is all better. Be ye careful next time child.” She scolded me lightly.

“I will Kaede. I promise.” She then gave me a look making me think that she did not believe me. In truth I didn’t even believe myself.

Another week passed before the gang came back. In that time I had been practicing with my sword. I was able to do that, now that I had both of my hands. This exercise made for a much needed distraction from all of my worries. I don’t mean to be a gloater, but in that week I greatly improved myself from when I first got here. It was on a day that I was practicing that Kagome and the others finally returned. But all was not well.

I heard a great fuss coming from the village. I do my practicing in the forest so as not to disturb any one. I wondered what was wrong and rushed back to find that they had come back. I was shocked to see that Miroku was hurt. I rushed to them and started to panic. That was until Kagome and Sango told me that it was only minor injuries. I was relieved. As to what happened with Naraku, it was another trap, but they escaped virtually unharmed. I again was relieved.

After everyone got settled down in Kaede’s hut the gang told us of their adventure. It was great listening to them tell their story. I only wished that I could have been there to help. It was then that Kagome noticed that my arm was all better. “Yeah, Kaede did a wonderful job.” I complimented her.

“Well now that you are all better do you still want to help us?” Miroku asked.

“Are you sure?” I asked looking hesitantly over at Inuyasha. He just nodded his head slightly. I lit up and ran to him and hugged him. I then came to my senses and coughed in embarrassment. “Th…thanks.” I mumbled.

“No problem he replied.” Equally as embarrassed.