Behind Those Blue Eyes

Um

I remember how it all started.
Her name was Adrianna.

She was the most beautiful person I’d ever laid eyes on. She was so nice, so attentive, so smart, kind and caring.
Adrianna wouldn’t even look at me twice, but I didn’t give up. I couldn’t. And one day, somehow, she gave me a chance.

She was everything. That girl made me want to be a better person.
Her infectious laugh, those beautiful blue eyes, her little dimple on the right side of her cheek that appeared every time she smiled, the tiny freckles on her nose, and the way when she cried her bottom lip would curl in this adorable pout and her eyes would turn the most beautiful shade of blue, it seemed like the color of the ocean and the sky on a perfectly good day had combined forces and instilled in her irises.

She was marvellous and no one meant more to me than her.

In the end I got her. In the end I had her. But in the end I also lost her.

We were driving down to her mother’s house to celebrate Thanksgiving. She was in the passenger seat.
It was a beautiful day outside, the sun was shining and the birds were chirping. She was wearing this beautiful white dress and her auburn hair was down to her back in soft waves. She was smiling and looking at me the whole ride. God, she was beautiful.

I had looked at her for a fraction of a second, to contemplate her, to tell her I loved her, to make sure she was real because every bit of her, every moment together seemed like a dream, a beautiful dream that I never wanted to wake up from.

And it was all it took. That one second changed everything. That one second destroyed my life and it killed hers.

A drunk driver they said.

That drunk driver took away the only thing that mattered. The only thing that had me smiling every day.
The person that made me come home after exhausting hours of work and put me in the best mood possible just by looking at her. Just looking at her making dinner at night with her hair up in a ponytail with one of my shirts falling down to her mid-thigh had me smiling and thanking God for the life I had.

Adrianna Hope Avery, my love, my other half, my soul mate, my wife.
I could never have her back, but she will forever be with me, she will forever be in my thoughts and my dreams, she will forever be looking out for me, for us, her family.

And someday, I’ll be with her again.
♠ ♠ ♠
All rights reserved. © yourstruly. 2012