Sequel: Higher Than Heaven

Only a Memory

The End

Andy

I stare out the window of the cab as we drive to the restaurant. I feel a hand on my leg, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look over and see Annabel there with a worried look on her face. “You ok babe?” She asks.

“I’m fine.” I assure her with a genuine smile. “Just thinking.”

“About what?” She presses as she snuggles up against me. I just sigh as I put my arm around her. “Is it bad? Is that why you’re not telling me anything?”

“It’s nothing bad.” I promise her. “Just life changing.” She looks up and me, pushing herself away. “What?”

“Ok, now I’m worried.” she tells me. “What wrong Andy?”

“Nothing!” I chuckle, giving her a warm smile. “It’s nothing, bad I promise you.” She still looks at me weirdly but curls up next to me. “You might even like it.” She just lets out a chuckle as we continue to drive to the restaurant in silence.

Annabel

“Your son is the king of being cryptic.” I tell Amy as we wait for Andy, Chris and my dad inside the restaurant.

“How so?” She chuckles.

“He was deep in thought on the way over here, so I ask him what’s wrong.” I begin to explain. “All he says it’s nothing bad, just life changing. But when I ask about it again, he promises me I’ll like it and shit.” Amy just laughs as she pulls me into a hug.

“He’s only being cryptic because he loves you.” She tells me as we part.

“Do you know what’s going on in that dark mind of his?” I ask her. She just remains quiet as a smile forms on her lips. “I’ll take that as a yes.” I mutter, just as Chris walks back in.

“Andy needs to see you.” He tells me.

“Why didn’t he come in?” I ask.

“He’s smoking and can’t.” He informs me before taking my hand and pulling me outside. We go around back and my heart instantly stops when I see a small stage set up and the guys standing around with their instruments. Ashley is the first to see me. He smiles at me and signals the guys. Moments later I can hear the music to The Mortician’s Daughter playing. Andy turns around and smiles at me before swaggering over to where me and his mom are standing. I look up and my dad and Chris, both have smiles on their faces.

“Anna, we’ve been through hell and back these last couple months; hell probably the last couple years.” He smiles as he stops right in front of me. “I’ve lived without you and it was seriously the scariest thing ever and I don’t want to do that again.” He gets down on one knee and pulls out a black velvet box from his coat pocket. “Will you, my sweet Annabel Lee, marry me?”

“Do I even need to answer that?” I smile before pulling him up onto his feet and right into a kiss. He smiles into the kiss before he pulls away and slips the ring onto my finger. He looks at me once more before passionately kisses me as everyone around us cheers. Our life is officially perfect now…
♠ ♠ ♠
Annabel

this is it! The End, sequel will be up soon. The title is Higher Than Heaven. But if you want to read more from me, check out my Andley fic. It's my attempt into writing a slash. So if you love Andy and/or Ashley please check it out.

Lessons in Love (Andley)

also check out my original fiction Rue Morgue Radio