Status: In Progress. Comments=faster updates

Jumped

Matt's Confession

As it turns out, either Fyn or Callum or both of them were in every one of my classes. Matt didn’t come to school the next day, or the day after, not that Fyn or Callum seemed to mind.
“Hey, can I ask you something?” I asked Callum, as we sat at the back of our history class that Friday morning.

“Sure.”
“Why are you and Fyn hanging out with me? I mean,” I added quickly, “I made a right dork of myself when you invited to hang out with you and you’re other friends the first time.”

Callum smiled. “We like you, Andy,” he said, “More than those other stoners we hang out with. You seem...cool.”
He looked around and lowered his voice. “Can I ask you something?” he asked. I nodded. “Are you gay?”

I blushed and looked away. “No!”

“Andy...”
“I’m not!”
“Andy, sweetie, I’ve been gay since I was twelve, I know when someone’s a donut puncher or not.”

My cheeks became even redder and I just stared at the desk in front of me. Someone had carved a message into the wood of the table. If you’re reading this, you’re gay!!! :D
How ironic?

I sighed. “Is it that obvious?”

“A little bit. Too me anyway,” he said. Under the table, he squeezed my hand. “If you need to talk, I’ll listen,” he said softly. I was touched by the comment, making me feel instantly better.
There was silence before I sighed again, rubbing my face hard.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” I asked him. He laughed softly and shook his head.

“Single and loving it,” he said, adding, “Not that getting laid is a problem for me.”
I blushed harder, showing of just how much of a virgin I was. I’d never even kissed a guy, and here I was, listening to a boy talk about getting it up the ass.

“I...I see...” was all I managed and he smirked.

“Someone’s a virgin, I see.” He nudged my arm. “I could get you a boyfriend, y’know...If you’re looking?”

I shook my head, turning my gaze away from him and focusing on the floor. “There’s only one person I like,” I whispered.

6969696969

The next day was Saturday, so Matt and I made plans to meet up then. He was coming back to school on Monday; he promised.
As per usual, I was fussing over what to wear. Whenever Matt and I were going hang out outside of school, I made an extra effort to look nice. I knew nothing would come of it, but I still wanted to impress him so badly.

My mom wasn’t helping much. She was just laughing at me and I went through the washing basket, trying to find matching socks. “Honestly, Andy, anyone would think that you were in love with Matt, the way you’re carrying on,” she giggled. I couldn’t look at her, because she wasn’t even that far off.

There were three knocks on the door and I opened it, to see Matt grinning at me. “Surprise!” he roared, before pinning me in an attack hug, catching me totally of guard. I lost my balance and fell back against the wall, Matt’s weight pinning me there.

“Matt...Can’t...Breathe...” I whimpered and he let go, blushing.

“I missed you,” he said.
“I missed you too,” I replied.

He smirked. “Missed you more,” he murmured and I rolled my eyes, ruffling his black hair and messing it into his eyes. He whined and I smirked.

“Come on, movie time,” I said, dragging him up the stairs to my bedroom.

“Where are you two going?” my mom asked.

“Up to my room to watch a movie,” I called down the stairs, dragging Matt behind me.

“Be safe up there, Andy!” she smiled, referring to her joke earlier about me being “in love” with Matt. “If I hear any funny noises, I’ll be asking questions.” Ha fucking ha

Matt frowned at me and I blushed a little. He stopped on the stairs and wrapped his arms around me. “I’ll try to control myself, Mrs B,” he said, “But I can’t help it sometimes, and your son is just so sexy...”

My mom frowned at him, not sure whether or not he was joking. Though I knew he was, I sunk into his arms, enjoying the feeling of being in this embrace. My mother was still frowning, her face scrunched up in concentration. “Listen, Matt…” she began, looking thoroughly put out that she had to have this discussion with him. Matt just giggled.

“I’m kidding,” he grinned and she relaxed noticeably, looking relieved.

“Ok,” she said, “I was just checking. Not that it would be bad if you two were, I wouldn’t care but, uh…” Matt and I stared at her with open mouths. “I’m going to make Brownies!” she announced suddenly and bustled into the kitchen. I made a face, as Matt just laughed and dragged me the rest of the way upstairs.

When we got up to my room, Matt flopped down onto the bed, groaning in relief. I crept over to the end of the bed, silent. Leaning up, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me down onto the bed with him, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. There was silence, and I needed a way to break the ice.

“Can you imagine? My mom thinking we were together?” I laughed falsely. It hurt my feelings so much to say it, but I couldn’t think of anything else. “Like I’d ever go out with you,” I lied.

Matt didn’t say anything, but I felt him stiffen a little. After a second, he laughed as well, and it sounded just as cold as mine had. “Yeah…” he said, “Imagine that…”

I frowned. “Matt? What’s wrong?”

“Nothing…” he murmured, but I could see that something was bothering him big time.

“What’s wrong?”
“It’s nothing, Andy, really…”
“What’s the matter?” I insisted, sitting up and folding my arms defiantly. Matt glowered at the ceiling.

“It’s totally fine,” he said. “You wanna watch a movie now?”

Not really, I thought, but I didn’t want to argue with him. Instead, I got up and shuffled over to the DVD player, leaning over and popping in the first thing I could find. As it turns out, the first thing I could find was Priscilla, and at this point I was wishing I could just be given some slack.

Blushing heavily as the film began, I shuffled over and sat down on the bed next to Matt, who was now sitting crossed legged on the sheets. I noticed how he didn’t hug me again this time, and I knew that I’d offended him somehow.

As we were watching the film, I got a text message. Looking across, I saw it was from Fyn.
Can you come out?

I swallowed and looked over at Matt, who seemed to be absorbed in the film. Quickly, I replied.
I’m a little busy right now.

Later then?
Callum is pining for you. I think he likes you ;)


I snorted a laugh and Matt glanced over at me. “Who are you talking to?” he asked.
“Oh…Ashley,” I replied.

“Really?” he asked. I nodded. After a second, he shrugged and went back to the movie. I looked down at my phone.

He does not!

Have you seen this kid? He’s besotted with you!

I felt myself blushing, heat rising in the base of my neck.

What do you want, Fyn?

Can you come? Please?

I frowned.

I’ll try

Great, see you soon, Andy. My house at seven

See ya, Fyn

“Andy Biersack!” a voice snarled, and I looked up to see Matt glaring at me with raging eyes.

“W-What’s wrong?” I asked timidly.

“Please tell me that I just saw wrong and you weren’t talking to Fyn Evaron?!”
“I...wasn’t talking to Fyn Evaron...?”
“Andy!”

“What?” I whined, “He came and talked to me first. And you weren’t there, Matt.” I didn’t like the fact that he was pissed off with me for no reason.

“Yeah, but Fyn Evaron?!” he demanded and I gulped.

“It’s nothing, ok? He and Callum-”
“Callum fucking Collinson!” he practically screamed.

“Not so loud!” I hushed him, encase my mom heard. Reaching down, I got my packet of cigarettes from my bag and lit two, holding one out to him. He just glared at me so I stuffed it in his mouth. I shoved the window open and sat down next to him, watching him as he didn’t move. “You’ll choke on your cigarette,” I warned him.

His eyes flashed and after twenty seconds, he slowly reached up and took the cigarette from his mouth, exhaling dusty gray smoke. “Andy...!” he moaned, leaning against me and I wrapped an arm around his neck. We sat smoking in silence. “Why did it have to be them?” he asked.

“That’s not fair,” I pointed out, “You said I needed more friends.”

“Yeah, friends with the right people.”
“Just cos you don’t like them, doesn’t mean I can’t hang out with them.”
“But-”

“You’ve never actually told me why you don’t like them,” I realised suddenly, stubbing out my cigarette on the windowsill (oops).

“Why don’t you ask Fyn? You’re clearly bosom buddies now.”

I smacked him over the head. “Don’t be a douche!” I snapped.

“I’m not sorry.”

The room fell into an uncomfortable silence. I wanted to slap Matt for acting the way he was.
“Have they offered you anything?” he asked suddenly.

“Huh?”
“Fyn; has he tried to give you anything dodgy?”

I thought back. Either Callum or Fyn had ever openly pushed something into my hand. Fyn had asked if I wanted any the first time we spoke, but he’d been ok with my decline. I knew that I couldn’t tell Matt this though, or he’d probably bust a nut. “No,” I said.

He looked relieved. “Ok, that’s good.” We stared at each other. Matt slowly licked his lips. “Um...Andy, I have to tell you something...”

“What’s wrong?”
“Um...ok, so you’re my best friend, right?”
“Yeah...?” I said, wondering if this was going where I thought I was going.

“Ok, you can’t tell anybody, but...I...I think I might be...”
“What?”
“B-b-bisexual...” he whispered the last part and I swallowed.

“...Really?”
He nodded. “Don’t judge me, please? I just don’t know who else to talk to and-”

“Matt, Matt, Matt,” I soothed, pulling him into a hug. “It’s fine, ok?”
He looked at me shakily and I smiled. “You can tell me anything.”

“Th-thanks, Andy. You’re a great friend...I still like girls though, y’know?”
“I know.”
“I mean, like, I still wanna sleep with girls. I’m not gay or anyth-”

“Matt,” I said tiredly, “I really don’t give a shit. Whoever you like: its fine.”

What surprised me the most was him pulling me into a hug. The position was awkward, him almost sitting on my lap. His breath was warm against my neck, giving me goose bumps. “Thank you, Andy...” he whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! This chapter's a bit of a filler. So...Matt's bi... Hhhmmmm...

Once again, you guys were totally awesome with comments last chapter...could you be just as awesome again? If you do, I'll try and update again really soon, and I'll love you for ever!!!

As always, thank you for reading! Xoxo.