Status: Critique greatly appreciated, nitpickers welcome! Don't be a silent reader!

The Key Chased the Blade

Candy

I stared at Simon impatiently and watched his hand grip his pencil. He drew fine lines onto the paper. It was almost like he was trying to go exceptionally slow.

"God, when are you going to be finished?" I snapped.

Simon ignored me, but smiled, and that signified he had actually heard what I'd said. I was done with this. It had been ten minutes already and he hadn't finished his stupid drawing.

"I'm never going to be a model in real life," I hissed. "God, I swear, I swear I'm going to punch you someday. I swear it, Simon. I swear to God."

Simon put down his pencil and turned up his hearing aids. "Noah, I swear to you, you're going to have to learn that patience is a valuable practice." He smiled at me with his stupid dorky smile. I huffed and turned away. "Plus, you have to learn to be more sincere."

"You can shut up."

Simon laughed. It was a stupid dorky laugh. "You know you wouldn't hurt me, your threats have become meaningless. Besides, look at this face? You couldn't hurt a fly." He held up his picture. I had to admit, it was pretty good, even as an outline. I looked really feminine.

"I look like a girl." I scowled.

"I wonder why. You kind of are one." Simon grinned and set the picture down on his desk. He started to shade it in and turned down his hearing aids so he couldn't hear me anymore. Man, I was so done. I let out an exasperated sigh even though he was unaware of it.

"Simon," I said loudly.

He didn't look up from his drawing.

"Simon!" I shouted, ready to start tearing out my hair.

He then looked up, but not because he'd heard me. He was just taking another look for reference.

I'm going to go. I signed in sign language to him. I'm as bored as hell.

Simon just smiled even though I was giving him a death glare. He signed back, Sassy today, aren't you? At least you're getting better at sign language.

Yeah, here's a sign for you. I stuck up my middle finger.

He gave me the "I love you" sign back. Let's go get some candy, then. Simon turned up his hearing aids. "I'll finish drawing you later," he said aloud.

"Whatever." But I was content with getting a candy bar. It was better than sitting around doing this.
♠ ♠ ♠
These will be short chapters, sorry if that's annoying.

I'm going to attempt to write this story. The subject matter scares the crap outta me. I don't really do horror movies or anything of the such. My brother helped me out on some ideas, so I have to credit him a bit here, by the way. xD