Status: Critique greatly appreciated, nitpickers welcome! Don't be a silent reader!

The Key Chased the Blade

Computer

I got a hold of the computer before Dad got home and went straight to Google. Logan was still on me about playing the Xbox with him, so I had to do some negotiating before I could actually search anything. But after that, I typed in Sadie Amala's name and watched the results pop up.

There were a few things of interest, but they weren't too important. Her Facebook page, her cross country and track and field profile, and her Myspace page, which she probably didn't use anymore, were the first things on the list. I clicked on her Facebook page and looked around on it. The annoying thing was that I had to log into my own Facebook to actually see things on it, but the good thing was that she shared her information publicly with everyone. All her friends were posting comforting things on her wall. It bothered my heart a bit to read all of them. Sadie Amala was loved by a lot of people.

Her mom was listed as her mom, but her dad wasn't present. I thought that he could've just not had a Facebook, but I went to her mom's page, Annie Amala, and her relationship status was "single". She had posted nothing about her daughter, but all of her friends had posted their condolences. Reading those bothered me a bit too.

I went back to Sadie's page and saw that she had a boyfriend. I clicked on his page and I swear I felt my heart break. I was never much of the sappy type of person, but God. Jesus Christ. What he wrote about her was really freaking heartbreaking. He made a hell of a long post about their year and a half long relationship and how wonderful it was and how he would meet her up in heaven. His name was Tyler Marvin. He still kept his relationship status as it was: "In a relationship with Sadie Amala."

I had to close down the computer.

After I'd gone to my room and stared at my face in the mirror for a long time, I tried to think. Okay. So she didn't have a dad, and I wasn't entirely sure where he was or anything, but I assumed he wasn't in her life. So it couldn't have been him. I mean, it could've, but I was just going to push that out of my mind for the moment.

I wanted to talk to Tyler Marvin, but I knew he didn't know me and I didn't know him. He was a senior and did football and track according to his Facebook page. He probably didn't know I existed, and probably had all these other people wanting to ask him questions, so I didn't want to talk to him now. Jesus. I was getting way over my head. I wasn't an investigator. I didn't even know how to investigate. Where was I going to start?

I dreamed of the wailing lady that night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Actually, the only thing that pops up when you search "Sadie Amala" in Google is the seventh chapter of this story. xD