Status: Critique greatly appreciated, nitpickers welcome! Don't be a silent reader!

The Key Chased the Blade

Kissy Face Girl

We worked on the speech for the rest of that day and then said our goodbyes. The project was due tomorrow. Simon and I had procrastinated, but we weren't necessarily doing nothing. I was actually researching. Honestly, besides the stupid teacher, I liked history. I liked school. It was just the stupid people in the school and the stupid assignments. I knew what was going on, I just didn't want to take the time to show it. If this wasn't a group assignment, I probably would've just winged the whole thing the day of. I swear, sometimes I thought Simon was the only reason why I was passing the eleventh grade.

After history, I had gym. Simon and I parted ways and I grabbed my gym bag out of my locker and headed to the girl's bathroom. I hated the sweaty locker rooms a whole lot more than I hated the girl's bathroom. God. And the girl's bathroom was bad. There was always water on the floor and the doors didn't lock, we were actually missing a door on one of the stalls. I swear, I had nightmares about this place, I swear to God.

I shut myself in a stall and began changing. I heard someone come into the bathroom as I was putting on a sports bra. Then I heard the clunk of a heavy purse on the counter. Some chick was reapplying her make-up.

I pulled a big shirt over my head and slid into some basketball shorts, and then stuffed my regular clothes into my gym bag. I pushed the door open to see, like I had expected, a girl putting on make-up. She was pouting her lips in the mirror and applying lip gloss. God. She was one of those perky butt kissy face girls that ran around the school. She was wearing the darn Abercrombie and Fitch sweatshirt I'd seen before too. And it really was the same one, it had the hole in the pocket and everything. I was surprised it had dried so fast from yesterday.

"Hey, do you live down Alder Street?" I asked. I was actually curious about this. I had her in a couple of my classes, so I kind of knew her, I must've seen her mom or something when I was on the walk with Simon. I didn't know if she liked me or not. I didn't do anything mean to her, but at one point I chucked a paper ball at a trash can and it hit her in the head, and I said I was sorry and all, but it could've made bad terms with her. When she slightly narrowed her eyes at me, I figured she never forgave me about that.

"Yeah, why?" she asked suspiciously. I tried to imagine her eating spaghetti and spilling it all over herself, and it almost made me laugh, but I didn't.

"I saw your mom washing your coat outside when I was walking by it," I said.

She looked at me like I was crazy. Like literally, I did think she thought I was crazy then. I took that time to go, and I gave an awkward glance at the opening to the hallway.

"Um, yeah," I said lamely. "I just thought I should let you know that. I'll see you around sometime."

Then I scurried out of the bathroom. God. I'm never talking to that girl again.

And I did end up never talking to her again, because the day after I saw her, she disappeared off the face of the planet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Edit: Man, I actually cut two entire paragraphs from this. I didn't even need them. At least this is better now. xD

Edit edit: I had to cut out another paragraph. Oh it hurt. That paragraph could have won me a prize. But it was entirely useless to the plot.