Status: Critique greatly appreciated, nitpickers welcome! Don't be a silent reader!

The Key Chased the Blade

Cake

That girl really did disappear. A week after she stopped showing up, I saw the missing person posters on the school building. I felt kind of bad because I didn't really notice she was gone until then. But then again, I really didn't know her. At the same time, I kept replaying what I'd said to her last.

I'll see you around sometime.

God. I didn't even know why that was eating at me. It was cliche and stupid. What could I have done differently, anyway? Tell her not to talk to strangers or something? I didn't even know her.

Simon and I hung out after school. I told him about the last time I saw the girl.

"She was wearing that stupid Abercrombie and Fitch sweatshirt too," I said. "I saw her mom washing it outside her house that one day we were walking around."

"Washing it?" Simon looked at me funny. I looked at him funny back. He had really grey eyes, not like blue, but grey kind of eyes. Mine were poop brown, they weren't too interesting.

"Yeah, like the old time, freakin' plilgrim washing, in a bucket and everything," I said.

"Why didn't you point it out to me? I missed it."

"I dunno. You were on me about the history project that day. Never crossed my mind."

Simon frowned. "Well, okay then." He paused. "Maybe we should go talk to her mom."

"Go talk to her? And say what?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Give her a card or something. She must be really worried about her daughter. I don't know. Something that might help."

"A cake on the doorstep?"

"That's a great idea." Simon grinned his stupid dorky grin. I sighed. I knew I was getting sucked into an adventure, but it was better than sitting around here. "Let's go to the store and buy a cake, and then give it to her with a card."

"Okay, whatever. Let's go then."

And with that, we trekked over to the store.
♠ ♠ ♠
One of the girl's in my marching band section wanted our shirt color to be poop brown. xD Needless to say, the rest of the tenors did not like that idea. Our section shirt color is orange. :)

Edit: I wonder why I haven't edited this in so long. There were some pretty blatant errors. Geez.