Status: Critique greatly appreciated, nitpickers welcome! Don't be a silent reader!

The Key Chased the Blade

Unsaid Things

Simon made me agree to meet Tyler and his brother by Winco. Then we got into Simon's grey Mitsubishi and drove off. I gave Simon the silent treatment most of the way there. He gave me the cold shoulder back.

"I can't believe you!" I blurted after a few minutes. "We don't even know this guy! How do you know we can even trust him!?"

"I don't," Simon said flatly. It was so uncharacteristic of him to speak in such a tone, I almost didn't say anything back. But rage fired up in me. I kicked my feet up on the dashboard and crossed my arms angrily.

"Maybe Tyler was the murderer," I snapped. "Did you ever think of that? He could've gotten into a fight with Sadie and just cracked and killed her. Jesus Christ, he lives by Jefferson Bridge too!"

Arcadia Road was a couple blocks away from the bridge. Simon said softer, "I don't think his twin would be so compliant in giving you some information if that happened. Alex, that's his name, right? I think he'd know if his brother killed somebody, and if anything, would be more than willing to cover it up if that was so."

I muttered some curses under my breath, but didn't say anything more on the topic. "Are you even okay, Simon?" I asked. "You're really on edge."

"I'm alright," he said quietly. "I've got some things on my mind that I'm worried about."

"Tell me, then. You promised me you would tell me things."

"It's not really important. It has nothing really to do with anything, it's just kind of me worried about everyone's safety."

I felt nauseous. "Yeah. Me too. I guess I get what you're saying."

"Yeah." Simon parked on the side of the road. "Well, here we are. Let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I have that itch to write, but nothing is coming out.

It's like a shiver. Only that it won't emerge and no matter how long you lay there or sit there or flail your limbs around it won't go away. It's just a jittery feeling under your skin that keeps you up at night.

This, my darlings, is called writer's block.