Status: Critique greatly appreciated, nitpickers welcome! Don't be a silent reader!

The Key Chased the Blade

White Dress Shirt

I nearly tripped over myself running back to the funeral service. Some people looked at me funny, but I figured they'd give me some slack because my brother just died and I could act crazy if I wanted to. I had to find Simon. I needed to talk to him.

I found Alex instead.

I knew it was Alex because of the mole on his face and his expression when he saw me. He was concerned. I was panting and slurred out incoherent words, and he just held his arms out and I kind of latched onto them to steady myself. "Where's Simon," I gasped.

"I think he just left. I haven't seen him," Alex said. "Are you doing okay?"

"Jesus." Images flashed by my mind. Simon was probably still around; he wouldn't just leave. I glanced around and saw that his parents weren't there either. But then another image popped into my head.

"Oh no."

"What?"

"Oh my God, no." All of the sudden I became dizzy. I felt Alex's black dress shirt bunching underneath my trembling hands and it hit me. Simon was wearing a black coat, but he wasn't wearing a black dress shirt. His was white. White like the shirt I'd seen the banshee washing.

"What's going on? Noah, do you need to sit down?" Alex's voice was surprisingly calm. "Do you need to call Simon?"

"I need you to take me home." My voice shocked me. It didn't shake at all, even though I was practically shattering apart in Alex's arms. "I need to get something and I'll call Simon on the way. Afterwards you can take me to Simon's house."

"I can do that," he said.

"Thank you." I tried to hold myself up, but I ended up not being able to. Alex wrapped his arm around my waist and I sagged feebly against him. "Thank you. Now let's go."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll post another 'cause I didn't post a lot before.