Status: New; keep or kill? Feedback is loved.

What the Future Holds

Chapter Two

I was sitting outside Dr.Carlisle's home patiently waiting for Nessie to return from hunting. I wasn't able to go with her today due to the lunch date I had with my father. I was disappointed I couldn't go with her, but she said she would be fine. I just never like to leave her for that long. For the past six years I have never left Renesmee's side unless it was absolutely necessary.

Before Nessie was born I was completely against even her very existence. How could I not hate something that was killing the girl who had my heart? But from the moment her beautiful almond-shaped-chocolate-brown eyes looked into mine, I've regretted ever having hated her. Ever since that moment I have been whatever she needed and wanted. I have been her brother, her best friend, her protector, and one day when she is ready I will be more, much more.

"Jacob, if you don't keep your thoughts to yourself I will break your arm in six places."

I had let my mind wonder so I didn't hear when Edward made his way past me.

*Don't worry Edward. You know I will not try anything until she is ready. Or if she even wants me in that way.* The last part I regretted thinking due to Edward's paying close attention to my thoughts at the moment.

"Jacob, no matter how much I hate it or even admitting it to even myself, Renesmee cares about you. She is growing up and maturing. Though she may only be six years old, she is old beyond her years. If you're looking for confirmation on of you guys will ever be more than friends, I can't give that to you. But if she chooses to be with you than I can't keep her from something that will make her happy. Also understand that if she does choose to be with you, I will also be there to protect her. I think the only person you'll have to convince is her mother."

At that moment Edward turned to see Bella walking out of the house. She came to stand next to me petting my right flank.

"Where's Renesmee? " Bella asked Edward, as she continued to run her fingers through my fur.

*She's out hunting.* I aimed my thoughts directly at Edward. He repeated what I said, and surprised me by the next thing that came out of his mouth.

"Jacob would you mind going to get her for us? Alice wants to talk to us about our anniversary party." Bella looked at Edward like he was nuts. Alice never needed help with any kind of party. But before she could protest, I was already running through the forest. It didn't take long do me to catch Nessie's enchanting scent in the air.

I followed the warm honeysuckle sent around to the back of the large home towards the river. Renesmee never strayed far from home when I didn't hunt with her. She almost never crossed the river, and if she did, she rarely went more than ten yards from the bank. Her mother might kill her if she ever tries to go further. I mentally laughed at that before I noticed Renesmee's sent was stronger. I slowed my pace from a run to a jog than to a walk. I stopped under a large tree in the middle of a small clearing. I could sense Nessie, as if she was standing right next to me. My body rippled, all my joints, muscles, and ligaments pulling me back into my human form. I phased without shame. Without caring if Renesmee was near enough to see me in all my glory.

I heard an almost silent gasp in the tree directly above my head. I smiled to myself and bent down to untie the jean cut-off shorts from my ankle.

"Jacob, put your clothes on!" I heard her yell as she dropped from the tree next to me.

I pulled my shorts up and tapped Nessie on the shoulder to tell her to turn around.

"Well thank God. You're clothed." She smiled leaning in to give me a warm hug. "Well almost clothed." Nessie said as her hands wrapped around my bare back.

"Hey now. I can only carry so much on my ankles before I start to trip over it all." I laughed against her, refusing to let go.

"Did Dad send you after me? Or was it my mother?" Renesmee pulled away from my strong embrace. Her vampire side truly was becoming more dominant.

"After I got back from lunch with my dad, I was waiting at your grandfather's house for you. Your parents showed up looking for you and sent me after you. They had a meeting with your Aunt Alice. For whatever reason I don't know."

"Huh, Aunt Alice never needs a meeting for anything. Only time she calls a meeting is when she sees something. Well I guess if what ever it is going on will affect us majorly we'll know about it." Renesmee looked up at the clouding sky as a rain drop hit her pink-stained cheek.

"So what did you get today?" I asked throwing my arm over her shoulders and started walking back towards the house.

"Just a deer by the river. I had a really big lunch before coming out. I just needed something to drink." She smiled down at the ground nudging me with her elbow.

We both fell silent after that. Slowly walking through the dense forest. The found if rain filtering its way though the think foliage above. I couldn't help but be completely aware of Renesmee's body so close to mine, and that my arm was laying over her shoulders. Ever so slightly , I felt her lean into my side. At this my heart jumped and my cheeks burned red.

"You know Jacob I can hear your heart jump, and I don't have to be looking at you to know you're blushing." She laughed under her breath.

I pulled my arm away from her shoulders and turned my head with my cheeks burning red. Her vampire genes grow stronger and stronger everyday, becoming very hard to hide anything from her.

"Jacob I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you."

"No, Nessie you didn't upset me. I guess I want expecting you to notice that kind of stuff." I kept walking a few paces ahead of her not wanting her to see my face.

All of a sudden her cool hand landed on my shoulder, making me turn towards her. Without a moments notice Renesmee's lips landed on mine.

I couldn't believe it, for a second I thought I was dreaming. That was until I heard something that interrupted our first kiss.

Bella screaming at the top of her lungs at us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long since I last updated. I had my baby and so I've been busy with him :D and school and everything else in between. Thank you for sticking with me, I really appreciate it. I'll update again soon I promise.

Comment, subscribe, recommend <3

-Bailey