Status: New; keep or kill? Feedback is loved.

What the Future Holds

Chapter Three

My mom's piercing voice echoed through the surrounding forest. Jacob jumped away from me like he was ready to phase and attack. Before my mother or Jacob could move, I stepped between them. Hoping that being in the way would keep them from killing eachother, or really my mom from killing Jacob.

"Renesmee you get back to your grandfather's house. I will talk to you when I get back." I had never heard her voice filled with so much authority before. It was hard to resist her and keep my feet planted.

"No Mom, you need to listen. You're freaking out." I couldn't think of the proper words to tell my mom to keep her from lunging at Jacob's throat. I sneeked a peek at him from the corner of my eye, he looked as terrified as I felt. Even without the expression on Jacob's face, you could still hear the pounding of his heart, and his ragged breathing.

"Renesmee this isn't the time to play with me. Go back to the house. Your father and I will have a discusion with you when I come back." She had a rage in her eye that I had never seen before. It was hard to disobey my mom like I was. At that moment, my father came to my rescue.

He swooped in and wrapped his arms around my mom's waist, "Bella calm down. I'm sure there's an explanation. But if you go tearing people's heads off, how are we supposed to find it out?" He turned her away from Jacob and I. Letting her process the image of us kissing. After about five minutes, I saw my mom's shoulders finally move as she inhaled a deep breath.

"Alright. Now Rensemee can you please show us what happened." My dad asked still standing by my mom. I was scared to walk up yo them, afraid to she the anger in my mom's eyes well up again. I walked reluctantly towards my parents, as I reached them, I looked back towards Jacob seeing the sad look in his eye. He was scared for me, scared about how my mom would react.

I placed one hand on each of my parents' arms, and immediatlly the scene played out in their heads as if we were watching a movie. Jacob's heart racing, the blushing, my hand on his shoulder, and the way I liked how it felt to kiss him. I pulled my hands away before my mother's screeching could interupt the moment Jacob and I shared, even if it was breif.

My mother looked at me for a split second with what looked like understanding and recognition in her eyes, before it was replaced with disapprovment and disappointment. I couldn't stand to look at my mother, not when she looked at me and Jacob with such disgust.
Before I knew what I was doing,I took off deeper into the forest. I heard my mother's footsteps, but my dad's words stopped her, "You'll only push her further away." It rung in both of our ears. As I ran I ould hear the faint Stomping of padded feet digging into the loose soil. And I knew my protetor would never leave my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, you're allowed to hate me. It's been like three months without an update and I am so sorry about that! I never knew how hard it would be to juggle school, a baby, and my writing, but I think I finally figured it out. I promise to update more! And if I don't update for awhile, feel free to message me and complain that I suck.

Thank you for subscribing. Comment and tell me what you think about Bella's reaction.

-Bailey