Status: Active<3

Nothing Will Last in This Life

Fight

Courtney's POV

3 days have passed and I'm about to go insane. Everything's been the same except one little detail. Cassie has been traveling with us. I hate her so much. I'm not sure if it's because she's dating the one I secretly have a crush on. Or, if it's just her voice in general. Every time she speaks, it makes me cringe. Matt hasn't said anything to me, since that night. It kind of hurts but, I understand. The witch of the wicked west would get jealous if he even said a word to me.

"Courtney?" I heard Johnny call from behind my curtain.

I moved the fabric down the rack, "Yeah?"

Johnny frowned, "Why, you back here? I thought you were going to watch us play?"

That made me shrug, "I changed my mind. Didn't feel good." I lied while, gripping my stomach. Truth was, I didn't want to watch them from backstage for multiple reasons, and they all had to do with Cassie. I'm even shocked Donna still watches the show with her there but, I think it's because of Brian. They've been becoming really close.

"Something wrong?" He asked gently, not wanting to force me to say anything. That made me smile to myself. Johnny was has become a really good friend to me. I know, I can tell him anything. I'm just not sure if I want to tell him this. It would be kind of awkward, since it's his best friend.

Just as I was about to respond, I heard. "Dude! Courtney, you missed THE best show, ever! The crowd was like electric!" Jimmy screamed in excitement, while running down the bus hallway to my bunk. Once his face came into view, he had the grin on his face. "Please tell me, you'll come party with us and the opening bands?"

I shook my head, "Nah.. My stomach still hurt."

Jimmy started to feel bad, "Aw! I'm sorry." He pinched my cheeks with his long bony fingers, and I pushed his fingers away. "Why must you always do that?" I asked while rubbing my cheeks. He chuckled, "Oh, you love it." I rolled my eyes as he grabbed Johnny's shoulder, "C'mon, short shit. You're going to be my wing man!"

Johnny gave me an apologetic look before being dragged off of the bus by Jimmy. Everything got quiet, and then I heard the door open again. "Matt, what the fuck is your deal, man? You've been acting weird lately." I knew that was Zack, and my heart beat started to go faster, knowing Matt was on the bus.

"Nothing, Dude." Matt sighed, and I frowned. There was obviously something wrong, if he just sighed liked that. Zack seemed to notice to. "Is it because of Cassie?" He asked gently, careful not to make Matt explode. I heard Matt take a deep breath and exhale. "No, it's because of Courtney."

At first, I thought I was hearing things. I sat up, while my heartbeat was beating erratically. Zack didn't even seem shocked. "You like her, don't you?" I bit my lip nervously, wondering what Matt was even going to say. I heard the door open again. "There you are, Mattie. I've been looking everywhere for you."

That made me gag silently, as she continued. "Come to the other bus with me, everyone is there." I heard feet moving across the floor, and the door shutting again. I sighed, not extremely pissed of at Cassie. I really wanted to know if Matt liked me that way, or did I?

Donna's POV

Everyone was partying outside of one of the opening band's buses. Courtney was back at our bus with a 'stomach ache'. Something is up with her, I just gotta find out. Right now, Brian and I were walking hand and hand. That seemed to be our new thing. Every time after a show, we would just walk in silence, and enjoy the view. The more time Brian and I spend together the more I got afraid. I didn't even know what I was afraid of. "What's on your mind?" Brian pulled me out my thoughts, as he stopped by a production truck.

I looked up at his dark, chocolate filled eyes. "Nothing." I said, with a shrug.

"Well, there's something on my mind.." Brian trailed off, still keeping his gaze locked on mine.

A warm, tingly feeling erupted in my stomach. It made me bit my lip, "-And that is?" I questioned while looking around, trying to think what possibly be on his mind that he would wanna share with me.

Brian lifted his hand slowly, and placed it on my right cheek. He stroked my cheek with his thumb gently, "I don't even know how to say this.." My heart was pounding out of my chest, and it felt like I couldn't even breathe. "Just say it.." I said quietly.

"I-"

"Dude! Zack is in a fight, we need your help!" Johnny said, while interrupting us.

Brian dropped his hand, and turned to face Johnny on an instant. "What?! What the fuck happened? Where's Matt?" They started walking off, and I hurried up and followed. Even though, I was kind of upset for Johnny interrupting us. He had a good reason to. On the way over to one of the buses, Johnny had told us, some guy kept fucking with Zack. Of course, Zack wasn't going to just take it. He said all of his friends started beating this shit out of Zack, and he said he couldn't find Jimmy or Matt.

We came up to the bus, to find a figure on the ground. No one was in sight. Brian started flipping out, "Oh my god! Zacky!" He dropped to his knees, and started to shake him. "Zack, wake the fuck up!" He said, angrily, and upset at the same time.

I took in Zack's sight, and it didn't look good. His right eye was swollen shut, his nose was still trickling out blood, and he had a fat lip. He even had some scratches on the side of his face. Brian continued to call out Zack's name. He looked up at Johnny, "Call 911!" Johnny pulled his phone out immediately and dialed.

It was breaking my heart, watching Brian scream at his knocked out best friend to wake up. He was getting tears in his eyes. I finally put my hand on his shoulder, and Brian looked up at me. "He's going to be okay."

I nodded, "That's right. He's going to be fine."

Johnny who was on the phone still, looked down at us. "Is he breathing?" Brian nodded his head, and Johnny told whoever on the phone 'Yes'. Johnny hung up, and shoved his phone in his pocket. I heard laughing from behind me, and I saw Jimmy and Matt laughing with Cassie trailing beside them.

Brian stood to his feet, and they noticed Zack. They stopped laughing, and got worried. "What the fuck happened?" Matt was the first to ask. Johnny explained everything, and Matt sighed. "Shit, dude. He's going to be okay." He said, more trying to convince himself.

"Where were you?" Brian snapped up at Matt, and I knew this wasn't going to end well.

Matt shot him a look, "Why does it matter? What? Do you think this is my fault, Zack got his ass kicked?"

He clenched his jaw, "If you were with Zack then, maybe he wouldn't be knocked out right now!"

"Same goes for you, Brian. If you were here, you could of helped him too, so don't start that shit, and try to blame it on me!" Matt said, now angry with Brian. He shook his head, "Did you notice anything before, you ran off?" Brian asked in a calmly matter. Matt didn't say anything.

"Fucking answer me, Matt!" Brian's voice raised, causing goosebumps on my arms.

He sighed, "There was a guy messing with him but, I figured Zack had it covered. I didn't think the dude would have his friends jump him-"

Brian cut him off, "Yeah! You didn't think, you never fucking think!" He was getting way out of control so, I put my hands on his forearm. "Bri, stop." I whispered, gently. Brian wouldn't listen though, "If something's seriously messed up with, Zack. It'll be all your fault!" Brian sneered at him.

Before Matt could respond, the ambulance showed up, and rushed over to Zack. They loaded him up onto a stretcher, and put him in the back of the vehicle. Brian wanted to ride with him, and he wanted me to come with but, the guy said only one person. Brian seemed torn at this.

I grabbed his face and gave him a solid peck on his lips. "Be strong for Zack, we'll be right behind you." Brian nodded, and got into the back of truck. The sirens went on, and the truck took off. Everyone rushed onto the bus, and just stood there. I was praying Zack was okay, not only because he was my friend but, because I don't know how bad Brian would take it, if he wasn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whooaa..

Thanks to the following people who left comments:
A7xMeredith15
JustThinking
sawii
Marinesister92
BlueEyedAngel2
KellShadows
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
shantal.jayy
Star Angel
You guys are amazing! :D