Status: Active<3

Nothing Will Last in This Life

Happy

Courtney's POV

I was sitting on the couch with Matt's arms wrapped around me, protectively. The Police was coming to talk to me, since last night I was too shook up to speak. All through the night, I kept having nightmares of my attacker. Matt was the one who would make it disappear. The door opened and two officers walked onto the bus. One female, and one male. A sigh escaped my lips.

The female smiled softly, "Hi, my name is Alice, and this is my partner Tom. We'll be asking you a few questions on what happened last night, is that okay?" This made me gulp as I nodded.

Tom eyed Matt, "We would like to talk to her alone, if you don't mind."

"I do mind." Matt replied harshly to the Officer. I tightened my grip on Matt's arm. I didn't want him to leave me. He was the only one who could comfort me. Alice smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry, Dear, but it's policy orders. We have to talk to Victims alone."

Matt still had tense shoulders, "I'm not leaving her." He refused to listen to them.

"Sir, I don't want to have to take action." Tom said, threatening Matt.

I took a hold of Matt's hand, "It's fine." I said quietly, it was the first thing I said today. Matt turned his head to face me. "Court, you don't need to be alone. Fuck their policy, I don't care."

"Matt.." I pleaded with him quietly. I didn't need Matt to end up in a jail cell because of something like this. He sighed, "Fine." Matt leaned down and kissed my head. "I'll be right outside." He reassured me, and I gave him a nod. He got off of the couch, and walked off of the bus, sending a glare in Tom's direction on the way.

Alice pulled a chair in front of me to sit in, "I'm sorry, Courtney. We just have to follow rules." I shrugged, and Tom pulled out a tape recorder. He placed it on the coffee table, and my heart beat started to quicken. I really didn't want to do this but, I knew I had to.

They asked me multiple questions, and I was trying not to break down. The final one the asked was for me to explain how my attacker attacked me. I took a deep breath to steady myself. "W-well." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "He first pushed me up against the truck causing my head to hurt." I waited a second before continuing. "He told me if I said anything, he would strangle me to death." The tears were now streaming down my face.

Alice gave me a reassuring nod, "You're doing fine."

I let the tears run freely while I spoke. "He was kissing my neck, and I was praying that it was just a dream. He told me to take my shirt off.. and-" I paused not being able to continue. I took a deep breath that helped a little. "-I wouldn't listen, and he s-slapped me across my face."

"What happened next, Courtney?" Tom asked, and I glared up at him. Couldn't he give me a second? I was getting really ticked off with this guy. "I ended up falling to the ground and he kicked me in the ribs. H-he wouldn't stop." I closed my eyes, with the memory replaying in my head. I could feel the sting in my ribs, and remembered coughing up blood.

I started to have a breakdown, and I kept shaking my head trying to get rid of the memories. Alice put her hand on my shoulder comforting me but, I didn't find it comforting. I started sobbing, and I started to feel pathetic. Alice walked over to the bus door, and in a second, Matt was back on the bus. He rushed over to me, and pulled me into his arms.

I buried my head in chest, trying to forget the memories. Tom seemed to get impatient. "Is that all that happened?" I nodded my head into Matt's chest, and he became tense. "You talked to her, now you can leave." Matt spoke in a harsh manner. He didn't like Tom, and either did I.

Alice told Tom to head back to the car, and she would take care of the rest. Tom stormed off the bus, and Alice spoke in a calm manner. "I'm sorry about him. It's his son's birthday today and he couldn't get the day off." Matt didn't care.

She continued, "Alright well we will get back to you in a couple of days but, from your statement Gary should be going to jail for a long time." Alice found her way off the bus, and everyone else re-entered the bus. I was still clinging to Matt for dear life.

Donna was the first to come over to me, "How are you doing, Court?"

"Fine." I said quietly while raising my head off of Matt's chest to look at Donna.

The bus door opened again, and Cassie walked onto the bus. I had forgotten all about her. I didn't see her last night but, I was also too much in shock to even notice. She walked over to us, and glared at Matt. "What's going on here, Matthew?" She was referring to me holding onto Matt.

Matt let go of me, and I really thought he was just going to tell her nothing. He got to his feet, and sighed. "Cassie, we need to talk. Let's go outside." She shook her head, "No, we don't need to talk."

He ran a hand of his head, "Cassie, I really don't want to do this in front of everyone." As soon as he said that I knew he was dumping her.

"You're breaking up with me?!" Cassie screamed in shock.

I noticed everyone was trying to contain their smiles, and Matt nodded. "We don't love each other, this relationship is going no where. All we ever do is fight.. I'm sorry but, it's over."

Cassie just stood there, and looked at everyone. Her eyes landed on me, and it turned into a glare. "This is all your fault! You fucking bitch!" She went to charge over to me but, Donna grabbed Cassie's arm. "Don't even fucking think about it! Courtney has nothing to do with this!"

"Matt wouldn't of dumped me if it wasn't for that whore!" She sneered in my direction. Every word she said actually hit me hard. I knew I shouldn't of let what she said get to me but, I did. "No wonder why you almost got raped." She chuckled darkly.

The tears were now rolling down my cheeks, and the next thing I saw was Donna tackling Cassie to floor. She was punching her repeatedly in the face, "You fucking bitch! I'm going to kill you-" Brian pulled Donna off of her before she could finish the sentence.

Matt was seething, "Cassie, grab your shit, and fucking leave. I don't want to see you ever again. Do you hear me? You're out of my life forever!" He pointed his finger to the door.

Cassie scrambled the her feet, and went in the back to grab her bags. I was staring at the floor letting everything she just said sink into my head. Maybe I did deserve almost getting raped. Cassie had her bags and glared at Matt, "Have a nice life with your pathetic little whore!"

This time Kylie lunged at her but, Zack held her back. Cassie finally got off of the bus, and everyone cheered. They were all giving Matt pats on the back. If I wasn't in the condition I was in now, I probably would be happy too.

Soon Matt was sitting next to me, and I realized everyone had left to leave us alone. His strong arms pulled me into his body. "Please tell me you're not believing what Cassie said." I didn't respond and he knew my answer. He ran his fingers through my hair, "Court, please don't listen to a word she said. You're perfect. You didn't deserve any of this, none of it. It was just a freak accident." Matt said soothingly to me.

I just tightened my grip around him. He noticed this, and did the same to me. I couldn't help but, feel safe in his arms.

Donna's POV

Brian and I decided to take the dogs for a walk. We ended up finding a park, and we let the dogs run around. Pinkly was trying to 'fight' Charlie. Charlie didn't want anything to do with her, though. He laid down on the grass, and Pinkly curled up next to him.

"Aw!" Brian and I said at the same time.

I turned my head to face him, and I was just taking in his beauty. His dark hair spiked up in every direction. His dark brown eyes, his cute little button nose, his perfectly sculptured cheeks bones, and perfectly set of pink lips.

"You okay?" Brian cocked an eyebrow at me.

I broke lose from my trance, and nodded. "Just thinking." I said, while shrugging. So much stuff has happened in the past 24 hours. Courtney almost got raped, and now Matt broke up with Cassie. I know Matt did it for Courtney, he's so protective over her. I know he won't hurt her.

Brian laced his fingers through mine, "Anything you want to talk about?"

I was trying to find the words to tell him. During this whole mess, Brian has been here for me. I'm starting to realize that he'll always be here for me, and he'll never hurt me. I wanted him to be mine. I wanted to be able to tell everyone that he was mine, and no one else's.

"I've been thinking.." I started off, and that made Brian chuckle, "Yeah, you told me that." I rolled my eyes, and continued. "Brian, you make me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. The way you treat me is amazing. I never would of thought, a guy like you would be in my life."

Brian pecked my cheek, "You deserve to be treated like the only girl in the world."

A blush formed on my cheeks, "So, I guess what I'm trying to ask is, Brian will you be-"

He cut me off, "NO! Stop."

"What? Why?" I asked, while frowning.

Brian took my hand into his and pulled it up to his heart, "This is my job." I rolled my eyes, while smiling. A smile formed onto his lips. "Donna, since the day I saw you at the concert, I knew there was something special about you. I want to give you everything I can, like you deserve, and all I want in return is one thing; your heart."

He pulled my closer to him so, our bodies were touching. He leaned his forehead onto mine, "Will you be my girlfriend, Donna?" I was thinking of making a joke out of it, and telling him no but, I was so caught up in the moment. "Yes." I said with a smile still planted on my face.

Brian didn't need to hear that twice, he crushed his lips against mine. Unlike the other times we kissed, this one was filled with more passion. I literally couldn't get enough of him. We heard barking, and we separated. We both looked down to see the dogs jumping around us.

"I think they're happy." Brian said with a chuckle.

I smirked, while looking back up in his dark eyes. "They're not the only ones."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cassie is gone! ♥ Brian and Donna are together! ♥

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
A7xMeredith15
shantal.jayy
raindrxps
amabie.
BlueEyedAngel2
JustThinking
Ritha
AvengedFanfoREVer
crazyforhim07
xBurningRainbowsx
SamiBear
pOiSoN_GiRl
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
You guys are amazing! ♥

*Didn't have time to edit.*