Status: Active<3

Nothing Will Last in This Life

Charity Case

Donna's POV

All the way to the Mall, Courtney didn't say a word. This was getting ridiculous. I mean I know she's been through a lot like Matt said but, it seems that he's the only one she'll even talk to. It makes me angry. I'm her best friend, She's suppose to talk to me about these things. Kylie and I were going crazy in the Hollister store while Courtney was glued to her phone outside the store. It was typical though, she didn't like Hollister. I was just curious to who she was texting, and I'm starting to think it's Matt.

"What's up with Courtney?" Kylie asked while looking through some shirts.

I took a deep breath and exhaled through my nose. "I don't even know."

She grabbed a shirt and looked up at me, "Do you think it's because of her incident?"

"Maybe but, that doesn't give her the right to shut everyone out." I said, while crossing my arms over my chest. Kylie shrugged, "She seems to be getting pretty cozy with Sanders."

I wrinkled my nose up, "Yeah, too much for my liking."

Kylie chuckled and shrugged innocently, "I think her and Matt would be good for each other."

"Maybe." I shrugged, "I just don't want her to get hurt again. Whenever she falls for a guy, she falls hard. Especially at a time like this, that's all I need is for her to get her heart broken, then I'll have to pick up the pieces like usual."

Kylie's eyes widened, and I heard a voice from behind. "Is that how you see our friendship as, you look at me like a charity case that you have to constantly help." Courtney said.

I turned around as a sigh escaped my lips, "Court, I-"

She cut me off, "Well, you won't have to worry about that anymore." Courtney scoffed before, walking out of the store. I was about to follow her but, Kylie grabbed my arm. "Just give her some time." I hesitated but, agreed knowing that was my best option right now.

Courtney's POV

I rushed into the Woman's bathroom that was empty and pulled out my cell phone. I looked in my contacts for the name, and clicked call. I put it up to my ear, and wiped the tears that had fallen on the way here.

"Hey, Court. How's shopping going?" Matt asked with a chuckle.

This made me regret calling him. I didn't want to ruin his fun.

"Courtney? You there?" He asked worriedly.

I let out a sniffle, and then cursed myself for doing so. Matt of course noticed right on the spot, "Courtney, what's wrong?" He asked more worriedly this time. "What happened?"

A sigh escaped my lips as I ran a hand over my face, "Could you just come get me?"

Matt didn't need me to ask that twice, "Of course. I'm on my way. Are you okay?" I heard the jingle of car keys in the background. I wiped my eyes, and swallowed the lump in my throat. "Physically, yes. Mentally, no." I said, which was true. Everything was becoming a complete blur to me.

I heard the sound of a car starting, "Alright, I'm coming, don't worry. Now, where are you?"

"In the bathroom." I said while scanning my eyes through room.

Matt fumbled with the phone, "Okay, where's Donna and Kylie?"

"I don't know, and quite frankly I don't care." I said, almost replaying Donna's words in my head.

He seemed to catch on, "Just stay in the bathroom till I get there. I'll call you once I'm in the front of the Mall." Matt said, and I nodded. "Okay." We hung up, and I leaned against the wall. My life has really been sucking these past couple of days.

About 10 minutes passed and my phone rang again. It was Matt telling me he was here. I walked out of the bathroom and headed for the main entrance. Just as I was about to get to the doors, I got stopped. "Courtney! We've been looking for you." Donna said, while stepping in front of me.

That made me roll my eyes and she ignored that. "C'mon, let's get some food." Donna grabbed my arm, and I jerked away from her. "No." I said, standing my ground.

Donna glanced at Kylie confusedly, like she was wondering why the hell I just said that. Again, that earned her another eye roll. She looked back at me, "Court, come on." Donna complained. "I don't want to just leave you by yourself."

"You don't have to watch me like I'm some little kid!" I snapped at her, while sending her a glare.

Donna frowned and looked around, "Did I say I did?"

Just as I was about to say something, I was cut off by Matt walking towards us. "There you are." He said while wrapping his arm around my waist. Donna's mouth dropped opened a little, and then she glared at Matt. "What are you doing here? This is a girl's day!"

"Well, Courtney called me up crying to come get her, and I'm sure it had something to do with you. I should of never let her come, I knew you would screw something up." Matt said with tense shoulders.

Donna shook her head while scoffing, "Are you fucking kidding me right now? I didn't do anything!" She shouted, now getting angry at Matt.

He clenched his jaw, "You obviously did." Matt said through gritted teeth.

"Court, I'm sorry about what I said." Donna said, while looking at me. "I just don't want you to hurt by Matt. I'm just looking out for you."

That made tighten my jaw. "I can look after myself."

She sighed, "I know you can, I just don't want you to get hurt."

"The only one who is hurting her is you." Matt seethed and took my hand in his, gently. "Come on, Court. You don't need to sit here and hear this." I was about to leave with him but, Donna stopped us. "Do you see what you're doing?" She asked me, and I looked around as a response.

She crossed her arms over her chest, "You're ignoring your best friend for some guy! We promised each other we would never do that!"

"I'm not breaking that promise because, you're not my best friend." I said, and finally she let us leave. I could tell she was upset by me saying that but, I had to say something to get through to her. She won't let me be happy with Matt. She keeps thinking he'll hurt me when I know he'd never do that.

Once Matt and I were in the car, he looked at me. "Courtney, I want you to know that I would never ever hurt you." Matt said while taking my hand into his.

I nodded, "I know."

He smiled softly before kissing the back of my hand. I leaned my head back on the headrest and closed my eyes. Matt chuckled quietly and started the car up. The last thing I remember was Matt carrying me into the bus, and tucking me in my bunk.

Donna's POV

"-And then she said I wasn't her best friend." I said to Brian with a sneer, "Can you believe her? She's making me want to hit something. She's being so stupid right now, it's not even funny."

Brian shrugged, "Donna, she's been through a lot-"

I cut him off, "I know but, that doesn't give her the right to treat me like shit."

He frowned and cocked an eyebrow at me, "How is she treating you like shit, D?"

"She wouldn't talk me, she's always by Matt. I'm her best friend." I said, while crossing my arms over my chest. Brian took a deep breath and exhaled, "Donna.. have you given the thought that Matt was the first one who comforted her after the incident, and she feels safe around him. Of course she's going to be around him the whole time. He's her security blanket. Once she gets used to things, she'll be back to normal. Courtney isn't like you, Donna. She can't get through traumatic stuff fast like you did." Brian explained.

That made me scoff, "So you're saying I got over my trauma too fast?"

Brian sighed, "No, I didn't say that. What I'm trying to say is that everyone is different, Donna. They all deal with stress and trauma in their own way. Courtney is just taking a little longer to get through it. You can't get upset at her, it's not her fault. Give her some time, and let her come to you." He said while lacing his fingers through mine.

A smile formed onto my lips, while I looked up into his dark eyes. "This is why you're my boyfriend. You give amazing advice." I leaned up and pecked his lips, lightly.

This made him cock an eyebrow at me, "I hope that's not the only reason.."

"Oh, and you're good at making food." I said, with a smirk on my face.

He crossed his arms, "I see, anything else?" Brian asked with a smirk starting to form on his face.

I tapped my chin, "Uh, nope. Can't think of anything." My smirk grew bigger.

Brian pulled his hand out of my reach and started to tickle my sides. I started to go into a laughing fit, and then he tackled me to the grassy ground that surrounded us. We were in the park, letting the dogs roam. He continued to tickle me.

I was beginning to think I was going to pee my pants, "Bri! S-stop.." I managed to say in between laughs, which made him smirk bigger. "Okay, I'll stop if you say 'Synyster Gates is the sexiest guitar player in the world and I'm the luckiest girl alive to have him'."

That made me shake my head while laughing, "N-no way!"

He tickled me faster, and I cracked. "Fine! Synyster Gates is the sexiest guitar player in the world and I'm the luckiest girl alive to have him!" I shouted and his hands let my sides. I took deep breaths trying to control myself, while Brian just laid on his elbow smiling.

Once I was good, I playfully nudged Brian. "You're mean."

"You love me." He said with an eye roll. Yeah. I froze, and started to think. Did I love him? The only other time I was in love was with Justin but, then he turned out to be my worst nightmare. I had to start reassuring myself that Brian wouldn't hurt me. Whenever I'm around him, my heart beats really fast. I get butterflies in my stomach, and he makes me feel like I am the luckiest girl alive. Is that love?

"You, okay?" Brian chuckled while pulling me out of my thoughts.

I nodded and smiled down at him, "I'm fine."

He leaned his head over and crushed his lips against mine. After a few minutes of our tongues battling for dominance, Brian removed his lips and rested his forehead on mine. "I-" His eyes widened, and he stopped.

A frown tugged on my lips, "You what?"

"I think it's your turn to cook Dinner tonight." Brian rushed out, and stood to his feet. He whistled for Pinkly, and I was confused. I got to my feet, "Bri, that wasn't what you were going to say."

Brian chuckled unsteadily, "Yeah it was, no c'mon, woman. I'm hungry." He said with a smirk on his face. Even though, I didn't believe him, I whistled for Charlie and followed Brian back to the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated♥

Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
A7xMeredith15
amabie.
raindrxps
JustThinking
AvengedFanfoREVer
shantal.jayy
crazyforhim07
LemonLover777
CrazyPebbles21
You guys are lovely! ♥