Bread and Water

it's just a little crush

“How was the ball?”

Lily jumped as her father appeared just outside the door to her bedroom.

“It was fine,” she replied, trying to keep her voice steady.

“I didn’t expect you to be home so early.” He glanced at the clock. “It’s only eleven.”

“I did stain my dress,” she admitted.

Her father gazed at her sternly, unmoving. After a few moments, he left. But Lily didn’t feel any better. She could tell that he was disappointed in her. That he probably thought she had ruined her chances at meeting anyone, at least for the night.

If only he knew she had danced with Prince Harrison. Then he would be proud.

Lily slipped out of her newly cleaned dress and put on her pajamas, reflecting on her night.

She had met two wonderful boys, both drastically different. Prince Harrison, who was charming, yet arrogant. Everyone knew who he was. And then there was Nathaniel. All she knew about him was that he was Harrison’s servant and that he seemed to have a sense of humor.

Suddenly, the europhia of having danced with the prince swept over her, and Lily collapsed onto her bed in a fit of giggles.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Please don't make too much of it."
Jennifer Paige, Crush

I'm kind of stumped on this story. I'll probably take a week or so to outline future events, maybe edit it a bit.
I just added a character page, so check it out. c:
Comments are lovely. <3