Bread and Water

only in dreams could it be this way

Over the next month, Lily received invitations to various parties thrown by the prince. She attended every single one of them, greatly pleasing her father.

Although she didn’t see Nathaniel again, she had spent a great deal of her time at the parties dancing or chatting with Harrison. She found herself becoming more and more drawn to him. She greatly looked forward to their time together.

There was a knock on her bedroom door just then, and Lily answered it. Her father walked in, smiling.

“There’s someone here to see you,” he said deviously.

Lily smiled. Harrison had told her to expect company today.

“Thank you, Father,” Lily said, reaching up to kiss his cheek. “I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m so glad you forced me to attend that party a month ago.”

They both laughed.

“Don’t keep him waiting,” her father said, gently pushing her towards the door.

Lily walked over to Harrison and curtsied, dressed in a casual royal blue dress designed for outings.

“You look amazing,” Harrison said, taking her hand in his and kissing it.

Lily blushed. She didn’t think she would ever grow tired of his attention.

“Shall we get going?” she asked.

Harrison smiled widely at her, flashing his perfect white teeth. “We shall.”
♠ ♠ ♠
"Now I know it's right, from the moment I wake up till deep in the night."
- Foreigner, Waiting For a Girl Like You

It really starts in the next chapter.