Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 20 Curiosity

Dera lied quietly in front of the living room fireplace, looking at all the band covers on his wounds until the entrance of Xora who seemed to be sneaking around.
“Why don't you go creep somewhere else kid.” He spoke out.

Xora looked over to Dera.
“Well hello again...” She said approaching the beastman,
Dera simply ignored her with a roll of his eyes. She kept staring.
“How are your wounds?”

“NONE OF YOUR FRIGGIN BUSINESS YA SHRIMP!” He snapped.

Xora began to show a dull expression towards the ill tempered adolescent werewolf.
“Someones cranky...”

“And someones nosy! GEDDOUTTA HERE!”

“So how was it when you saw your brother again last night?”

Dera froze as Xora cracked a small smile.

“I really wouldn't have guessed you were related to Grey. You personality seems almost comedic compared to him...”

“I am NOT comedic!” Dera yelled.

“If we had readers or an audience i’m sure they’d laugh at that response...” She smirked.

“You dumb brat leave me alone get out of here.”

Xora sat on a chair not far from him. “Nah i’m comfy...”

“You are an annoying kid....” He growled.

“Really?”

“DONT JOKE WITH ME!!!” He ticked.

“My what teeth you have...” She smiled.

“Sharp right? DONT MAKE ME USE EM!”

“No i was only talking about the plaque and cavity amount. You don't brush much do you?”

“Oh my god I'm going to kill you...” Dera mumbled.

“That would be pointless...”

“JUST SHUT UP!”

A small silence filled the room as Dera took in a deep sigh.

“That was kind of rude...” Xora smirked.

“I....hate...you.”

Ix then walked in.
“I heard yelling, I suppose you finally met Dera have you?”

“He’s very special.” She giggled as Dera face-palmed.

Ix quietly approached towards Xora.
“Yes though you should know not to fret around such “Special” people...”
Ix slowly brought his hand on her shoulder to feel a small slap of Xoras hand over his as he flinched away.
“SH! I’m not done yet. I’m not going anywhere until i learn what type of relationship he had to Grey. How come I never heard of you, Wolfkin?”

“Shut up you pesky little-”

“I don't see why you hide it.” Xora interrupted. “ I can tell when people have connections. Especially when it comes to Beasts who make it obvious...”
Ix quietly watched Dera roll his eyes with a sigh.

“Okay, Okay, Yeah, were related...” Dera confessed.

“How?” She continued to press her questions.

Dera turned to the girl with an awfully ticked expression, to have her glare sharply back at him. He sighed again. “He and I were the eldest sons of the pack leaders....”

“Then how are you here?” She pressed once more.

“I’M NOT DONE THE BLASTED STORY KID! Just sit back, CHILLAX, and listen FOR PETES SAKE!”

To that Xora lied back deeper in her seat, sighed in relief and gave a long blink as she stared at Dera listening inventively. He growled in annoyance.


“Grey took whatever responsibility and privileges he had, and threw it away. One day he goes berserk and kills the entire family, the leaders! To this the rest of the pact followed him as the new leader like monsters. Simply because they feared him! Once he came back to his senses he let me, being one of his brothers, still a child, tag along with the pact, until the day I tried to avenge the true leaders, our family....But he almost killed me, So i had to run from anyone I once felt close to, as the rest of the pact would try to track me down, until the point I found myself here on earth.”

“So you tried to avenge the rest of your family, by killing one of your last family members, your brother, Grey?” Ix spoke. “Which led to you being kicked out?”

“An outcast are you?” Xora questioned.

Dera quietly looked away.
“The Damned BEST outcast that ever lived i’ll tell you that kid...”

Xora smirked over to Dera.

“Alright you done?” Ix spoke to her.

She looked up at Ix curiously and back to Dera.
“Yep.”

She got off her chair and walked out with Ix as Dera quietly sat in his thoughts.

Meanwhile as Dera thought to himself quietly inside, Xora walked near the door outside as Ix followed silently like her shadow.

“Is there something wrong?” She asked him.

“Of course, what are you going to do about them?!”
Xora turned her head away from Ix as she opened the door outside to the gardens to see Evalore and Deve flying around Xera who would watch fascinated from the ground.

“Ah...i see...” Xora mumbled. “They are a handful...”

“Their also LOUD.” Ix added with irritation.

“Well i don't see why they stick around here...” Xora sighed.
She then glanced at Xera, and back up to her friends.

“Never mind.” She spoke as she walked towards Xera.

Xera quietly moved her eyes to Xora who would be standing next staring up to her.
“Hello there.” Xora greeted.

“Hello again!Wow your looking better then the last time i saw you! You feeling any better?”

“Yes” Xora gave a small smile. “So i see you met my....”
She stared up at her partners. “...Friends...”

“Yeah! They are pretty interesting....”

“Agreed.” Xora affirmed.
Ix quietly watched Xera speak with Xora. Xora looked back at him as he flinched away and brought her eyes back to Xera. “Hm.”

Xera tilted her head to Xora as she stood quietly.
“Is something wrong?” She asked the little girl.

Xora stared up to the girl. “Oh nothing’s wrong.” She smiled.

Xera stared as she turned around and walked away while Evalore and Deve landed on the ground next to Xera.

“She seems-” Evalore mumbled.
“Different.” Deve finished the sentence.

Xora began to walk the hallways silently throughout the manor feeling a shadow following. She turned around quickly to realize she’s staring at an empty hallway, as nobody is found behind the girl. She turned back around to follow the hallway into the large yet empty dining room. From then she continued as she found herself outside in the garden outside the kitchen on the other side of the manor from where the others were. She walked around some more on the side of the manor to notice herself walking on something odd where she almost tripped. She slowly stepped back from there and looked down on the ground to notice something was covered by grass and dirt and twigs from the bushes. Yet none of this fooled her. Xora leaned down to grasp a certain trap door below her. But before she opened it, Xora felt a hand touch her shoulder. She turned her head to see Ivory staring down at her.

“I’m sorry Xora but you wouldn't want to go down in the cellar i assure you...” Ivory informed.

“Why not?” She questioned.

Ivory did not know very well of how to explain it to her. Even if its only Xora who seems to know many shocking things at her age, being from Rae’ll, her childlike appearance made it hard to explain that that very cellar is where Ix would do unimaginable things to innocent people like last time what he did to Xera. Also with the fact Ivory wouldn't dare reveal his masters secret to anyone else, especially this little girl he seems to now have liking for.

“Well?” Xora spoke, awaking him from his thoughts.

Ivory paused a little more as Xora attempted to open the cellar door to realize its locked.

“Theres no use for that.” Ivory spoke.

“Whats in there?!” She interrogated.

Ivory knew he wouldn't hear the end of this unless he spoke something out.

“Trust me, theres nothing interesting down in the cellar.”

“Then why is it locked?”

Ivory paused.

“Have you ever heard of Barbe Bleu?”

Xora paused. “Barbe Bleu?”

Ivory smiled.

“Yes...thats french for Bleubeard...Its a certain fairy tale that we humans know of... you should read it sometime...Maybe then you’ll understand things a little more...”

Xora froze watching Ivory walk away.

“Now if you don't mind, me and Ry have a supper to make...”

“Hmph...”

Ivory continued walking as he turned to the door back to the kitchen to realize someone hiding behind the corner of the wall outside.

“Your welcome Master...”

Ix flinched away as Ivory walked back inside.

“Why does he always notice me?!” Ix thought to himself in annoyance.