Status: This is a draft i am currently rewriting because it is super badly written. I'm talking seventh grader written. but if you enjoy, great, glad to hear it :)

Gloom DRAFT (Cringey 7th grade story)

Chapter 21, Dinner

Dinner

Seven oclock.
Everyone is seated at the dining table eating a supper Ivory and Ry have made.
Ivory glances around.
“My…” He Spoke watching everyone. “I haven’t seen this table filled like this for a very long time….”

“Well there are Nine of us…” Ry mentioned.

“Too much for my liking…”Ix spoke not touching most of the food over the table.
Doohm rolled his eyes.

“Don’t worry about it; I expect to leave this place as soon as possible…” He told him. “All we need is to find a new place to stay…Somewhere a little safer, and then were out of here…”

“Please, don’t take your time…” Ix mumbled in disgust of his visitors, then glancing to Xera eating with the cloth still over her hand.

“Say does she still have that mark on her hand?”
Doohm glanced to Xera as she stopped eating and glanced to Ix.

“…yes sadly…” She responded. “I don’t even need to check to see, sometimes I just feel it burning some more into my skin…”

“You know, I’m serious we know some good people that can help you with that!” Deve mentioned.

“Yes.” Evalore affirmed. “Xera here, is definitely not the only one who experienced this. Xyver uses this on many people as a sort of tracking system let us say. Yes you can put something over it to stop him. But from then he will keep pushing on it until Xera feels so much pain that she’ll take the cloth off. And with that I doubt Xera wants to live with such a burden forever…”
“That…would kind of be painful…” Xera mumbled staring to her hand.

“Not just that!” Deve added. “Didn’t mister tough guy here just say he needs somewhere safer to stay?”

“And to add it all up…” Evalore concluded. “If Xyver wants to kill Xera with her connection to Gloom, well I think we should have to understand why...”

Doohm sat quietly as Xera observed them.

“What are you proposing?” Xera asked.

“You come with us!” Deve exclaimed. “To Gloom!”

Xera paused for a moment. Then he quickly glanced at Doohm staring at them and back.

“Look…” Evalore spoke.
“Xyver is at war with you. He wants you dead. Yet were at war with him. We want him dead.
So you can either choose to be sitting ducks, and die hopelessly by Xyver or come join us to win the fight. We can help you…It may be dangerous to go to gloom, yes. But I fear if you were to stay on earth, you’ll find yourselves and everyone you hold close in more trouble then you expect. Don’t underestimate him…”

Ix listened to the words being exchanged yet questioned why Xora was so quiet to finally notice that the girls plate was already empty as she wasn’t paying attention. She seemed to be reading something under the table.
He ignored it and continued listening.

“Well Xera looks like you’re in trouble aren’t you?” He spoke with no eye contact.
Xera glared at Ix as Evalore added a point.
“Well actually not only Xera probably all of you since you now had contact with him correct?”

Ix froze quietly as his eyes moved over to Evalore.
“Wait…you mean me too?”

Evalore nodded. “Yep!”

“….Fuck…” Ix mumbled.

“LANGUAGE MOTHER FUCKER!” Dera yelled.

“HEY BUT YOU JUST SWORE!” Ix Snapped back. “CANT YOU SEE THERE ARE CHILDREN AMONG US?!”

“I DONG CARE YOU STARTED IT BLOOD BREATH!”

“YOU MUTT-“

“SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU!!!” Ry yelled as they both sat back down quietly in an instant.

“Thank you Ry.” Doohm thanked the boy.

“Okay…well back to subject…” Evalore mumbled. “You guys going or not? All of you should in my opinion.”

Then appeared a small silence. Xera looked at Doohm as he slowly glanced at her.
“The choice is yours Xera…” Doohm spoke out.

Xera paused quietly.
“Okay…I’ll do it. I’ll come with you.”

Evalore nodded as Deve ate some more food off her plate and stared back up to them.

“Alright though remember, this is a trip to another world. A different planet. Not like a vacation. You may never see this world again so you all should think about being completely ready when we leave. So why don’t you choose some of your last moments on Earth carefully. Take a bit of time here and there to say goodbye to loved ones and your sunny days before we leave. How long do you expect it will take until you’re ready to go?”

Xera thought quietly to herself.
“Well I don’t have many loose ends here…only…”
She paused silently. And regained a bit of breath.
“What do you guys think of two weeks from now?”

Everyone looked at each one another and nodded.

“Alright then it’s a date.” Evalore spoke.

Deve swallowed some more of her food and pushed out her chair. “Well, I say let’s enjoy earth before we leave!” Deve spoke out to everyone.

Everyone agreed as they finished supper and moved into the living room, except for Ix and Xora who were left behind.
Ix quietly peeked down at the book Xora was reading as she brought it back on top the table.

“Sneaking things from the library are you?” Ix questioned. “What are you reading?”

“Shush. I’m on the last paragraph…”

He glanced down some more to realize what she was reading.
“Oh you’re reading Barbe bleu? My mother used to read me that as a child!” he smiled.

She kept reading quietly as Ix stared. Then once she finished the last phrase, Xora hit him in the head with the book.
“You’re sick.” She claimed.

“Ah?! What did I do?!” He shocked out.

“Show me your cellar.”

Ix froze then glanced at her and the book.

“Oooh….I see…” He mumbled then leaning back on his chair. “I should have realized this would happen when I watched you snoop around my home…”

“So what you’re going to show me now?” She asked.

“Um…no.” Ix mumbled then looking down at her shaking in somewhat disgust. “That would be quite…wrong of me too….”

“Wrong?”

Ix looked away recalling a few unwanted memories of that cellar.
“Ive done a lot of sick things in the past but I wouldn’t want to consider myself that sickly…Not that id really care or mind honestly but I don’t feel like doing that really…” Ix mumbled uncertainly.

“What are you talking about?” She questioned silently in confusion.
Ix turned his head to her and gave a small laugh.
“Oh well all I really mean is…”
Xora watched him lean closer to her face with a large grin of his sharp fangs.

“You go into that cellar and you’ll just have to relive what the others did…And I don’t thing you’d like that little Xora…” He whispered.

Xora froze as Ix stared with a mad smile. But she frowned as a reply.
“You’re a creep.” She spoke getting off her chair and walking away.

“I’m no creep!!!” I spoke out for himself.
“I’m just unique!”

Xora smirked and walked away as he stared.

***

Later that night Xera quietly stared out her window thinking to herself, to hear a knock on her door.
“Come in?”

The door opened as she saw Doohm walk in.
“Hello...” She greeted.
He smiled. Her eyes shined brighter with the view of Doohm smiling. She smiled a little more to him.
“How are you?” He asked moving near her.

“Um, im alright thank you…what brings you here?”

“I just wanted to speak with you…” He answered.

“Oh yeah?”

He nodded.
“About…going to Gloom…” He mumbled.

Xera looked away. “Oh no he’s going to criticize me isn’t he…” She thought to herself trying to control any growing annoyance.

“I think…that was smart and brave of you…”

She turned back to him.
“You do?”

“Yes.”

“Heh..” She spoke out. “Well I did always want to leave this world I don’t mind the idea of getting into a new one…”

He paused. “This world may be worse though.”

“Well then so be it.” She sighed.
She continued to stare out the window as he leaned to it and watched her.
“You know…” He began to speak.
She glanced at him. “hm?”

“After you finish everything here…before we leave…we should all go to the beach…”
Xera smiled. “Yeah…we could all use some sun anyway huh?”

He nodded with a smile and a wicked grin. “Especially Ix...”

Xera snickered a guilty laugh as Doohm pictured Ix’s reactions to the sun burning on his skin and joined in.

“Well he deserves it.” Xera giggled.
Doohm smiled.
“Anyway, I’m going to bed…Goodnight…”

He leaned over to kiss her on her forehead then he left as she blushed quietly.

As he left and closed the door, Xera quietly moved from her window and went to bed. She quietly closed her eyes and ascended to sleep.

As she fell asleep, at some point she heard an empty sound that has awaken her. She opened her eyes to find herself within her bed, facing the door, holding a light while everything else around her was empty yet filled with darkness.
She quietly stayed in bed without a sound.

“Sometimes, it’s better to just stay put within the safety of your covers…Even if this must simply be a dream…” She thought to herself.