A Party to Die For

Invitation

After reminiscing all the way to school with Manders, I finally had to say goodbye. "It was cool to catch up. You know, after, uh, you told me you liked me." He nervously rubbed the back of his neck with his hand.

I laughed a little. "Well, that was eighth grade. Things change. I don't have a crush on you anymore."

"Really?" He looked me in the eyes. I rolled mine.

"Duh. That was years ago. So, things are cool now?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "Things are cool." I shot him a smiled and got out of the car. He beeped twice before he drove away, a goodbye of sorts.

With my backpack slung over my shoulder, I trudged up the slight incline towards the front doors of the school. But I was stopped before I could make it inside. "Hey, Kathleen." I spun around to see who was calling after me. It was Alexis Rivers. She was the girl everybody knew of because of her parties. She was followed by a few of her friends. "I'm having a party Saturday night. It's gonna be huge. So you can come."

I got a big smile on my face, but soon toned it down. "Really? Cool. Maybe I'll stop by." I didn't want to make it seem like I had no life. Which would kind of be the truth.

"Sweet. See you later, Leena," she said, using my nickname. She sauntered off, once again followed by her friends.

I waited until they were out of earshot and started freaking out. "I can't believe she invited me to a party! This is going to be so cool." But then reality hit me. "Oh, god. What am I going to wear?"