A Party to Die For

The Party

"Okay, subtle. But not too subtle." I chanted to myself as I searched my closet. "Ugh, there is nothing in here!" I whined. Then something caught my eye. Something thrown in the back of my closet. A dress. The dress I wore to my cousins wedding. It was a simple red and white polka dot dress. I shrieked and tried it on. "Perfect," I whispered.
_____________________
"Hi Leena! I'm glad you found time to make it to my party." Alexis greeted as I walked in. I smiled and admired her own outfit. It was a simple pink skirt and white shirt, but I still loved it. She made it look great. I searched the room for a familiar face. Everyone there went to my school, but I never associated with them. Then, I spotted Gretchen.

"Hey there Gretch, you enjoying the party?" She looked at me like I was crazy.

"Am I? This is a Rivers Original Shindig Leena, of course!" I laughed and walked away. The music was loud and there was chatter everywhere. I walked around looking for more people.

"Kathleen? You got invited?" A familiar voice asked. I turned on my heels and greeted Glen.

"Hi Glen, you actually came?"

"Well, I wanted to see what all talk was about. You know, her parties are so totally awesome." I laughed. Glen was actually being nice! The tough guy.

"Yeah, I came for that reason too." Okay, I might have lied! He pulled me toward him and started to dance. "Are you drunk?" I asked as he twirled me around.

"Just a little." Glen winked and toss me in the air. I yelled and tried not to barf everywhere. He lowered me when Alexis spoke.

"All right every one! Thank you for coming out to my party. It really does mean something to me that you would come out. Now, let's really get this party going. I would like everyone to go inside the house, after all, this is a house party." I walked in with Glen. He actually pulled me in. The lights dimmed and the doors slammed shut. I heard a clicking sound and Alexis' face illuminated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only About three more chapters to go!