Wanderlust

Two

My eyes, narrowed and focused, skimmed across the rail of clothing before me. I stood, one hand on my bare hip and the other holding the phone attached to my left ear, in the middle of my walk-in wardrobe surrounded by an array of possible outfits for the night ahead. 

"Kara, I swear, I won't cause some ungodly havoc. It's just a night out!"

Through the earpiece of my iPhone I could hear the ramblings of my manager, her tone sharp and demanding, clipped with authority.  

Kara Young was ironically just that - young. She was merely twenty-six years old and was already the eyes and ears of my career, a huge responsibility for someone who had only been playing the Hollywood cards for a few years now. I was sure that was why she insisted on being so anal about my choices and motives, making sure I was where I need to be when I needed to be there, presenting myself exactly how my demographic should expect. She was young, sure, but she was a killer in the field. 

As my hands now tossed each item of clothing around erratically, no doubt creating a mess I would surely hate myself for later, Kara continued to rant and rave about 'proper celebrity etiquette.'

"Lucy, if I see one single picture of your knickers... So help me, I will fly over there and have the Queen herself sock you in the money-maker."

Honestly, half the time I had no idea what she was on about, a couple of 'mhm's' and 'yeah, sure's' having to suffice while my mind wandered elsewhere. 

"Okay, Kar, no flashing - got it. Now, I need to get ready, pip pip!"

With my thumb pressed firmly on the 'End Call' icon, I was finally able to have a good rummage around, my mind already nearly certain on a little white number with suited nude pumps to match. 

My phone buzzed in my hand, rattling in its case. My blue eyes rolled and an exasperated sigh left my lips. I understood Kara had my best interest in mind, but surely I didn't need a text message to remind me to be on my best behavior. Bringing the device into my view I saw that it wasn't my insane manager, but a text message from a particular Tomlinson boy. 

'Hey Lucy, we've decided to pick you and William up on the way. See you around 9 30, love. 
P.s Harry says hi ;)'


I raised my brows, rereading the post script over again with an amused smile tugged at my lips, just as another message came through with a soft buzz in my hands.

'And that he loves you and wants to make babifxc'

The phone buzzes again not a moment later, another bubble popping into the chat between myself and Louis. 

'Sorry, Lucy, Louis forgot to take his medication again. See you soon! x'

I could only stand silently, staring at the device in my hand with a bemused furrow to my eyebrows, my lips twitching at the behavior of my new - arguably perculiar - friends. 

†   ‡   †


LucyCallaghan: Met the @OneDirection lads today. Look at me, talking like a real Brit! Lovely boys :) xox

NiallOfficial: Out tonight with new friends! Showing @LucyCallaghan t London way! Yeah buddy!

LucyCallaghan: @NiallOfficial Go easy on us foreigners!


 †   ‡   †


"Lucy, you ready? Liam texted saying they're on their way." William strolled through my bedroom's French double doors, twisting and fidgeting with the silver watch on his wrist. He was dressed rather suavely, dark fitted pants and a soft grey dress shirt with the sleeves folded up his forearms, black suspenders tightened down his torso. 

"Yeah, just a second."

I pulled on my nude suede pumps quickly after sliding off of my bed, the white sheets shuffling underneath my equally white dress. I readjusted my outfit as I stepped closer to the mirror across the room, twirling a lock of my loosely curled hair to keep its volume. 

Will had stopped messing with his accessory long enough to eye me with an amused glint in his dark blue eyes.  "Alright, then. Which one is it?"

I arched an eyebrow, looking his way only briefly, distracted with the particular section of hair which refused to sit right. "Which one is what?"

He smirked, flicking some of his own brown hair from his face quickly and crossing his arms, "Which Direction guy are you after? It's that Niall isn't it? With those cheeky tweets, you minx!" 

I ceased my actions and reached for a small decoration pillow from the window seat beside me, throwing it forcefully at his head, missing as he dodged it with a laugh. 
"Shut up, dickhead. I'm not after any of them!"

He just continued to chuckle as knock echoed through the apartment. 

I trotted out of the room as fast as my 5 inch footwear would let me, making sure to shoot visual daggers at William's head on the way through.

Pulling open the large entrance way of the apartment I was greeted by all five members of my new favourite boy band. I greeted them accordingly and led them into the flat, calling for Will to hurry up

The boys all looked perfect, a standard not hard for any of them to reach. Each member appeared to be sporting a charming outfit respectively, the general get-up they were so fashionably famous for. Louis adorned a white short sleeved shirt with dark blue cuffed pants, Zayn had on a dark ensemble of leather and demin, Liam wore a plaid button down and Niall was decked out in a loose white tank top, the kicks on his feet an equally crisp white. I couldn't resist leaving my last once-over for Harry, who had strolled in slowly, tousled curls and all. He was wearing a pair of very tight dark pants, a white v-neck shirt, and boots that looked like they belonged in the Arizona desert. 

"Don't you all look dashing." I smiled, taking my opportunity by the doorway to pull down my mint-green blazer from the coatrack and hanging it over my forearm. 

"You're looking loveleh', Luceh'" Louis complimented, his accent clipping at each of his words. 

I smirked at the blue eyed boy, crossing my arms over around my jacket. "Got your medication all sorted out then, have you, Lou?"

Louis couldn't hold back his burst of laughter, a squeaky and loud sound, as my eyes averted to the curly haired boy across the room. Harry's face turned playful as he purposely looked toward the apartment's high ceilings. 

"Okay, okay," Will stressed, gaining everyone's attention as he exited my bedroom, having no doubt checked himself out for a good couple of minutes, "Let's go."

I pulled my eyes from the green-eyed boy across the room, a small smile etched on my face mirroring the one he had given me, and watched as everyone began filing out of the flat. The group held a certain energy amongst them, everyone's adrenaline pumping at the anticipation for a good night out. I could very honestly say I was more than happy to have met these boys. 

"You look beautiful, Lucy." My eyes darted beside me, a blush crawling to my bronzed cheeks as Harry's words impacted on me. A compliment like that just felt different coming from him, especially when he matched it with a flawless, dimpled smile. 

"Thank you, Harry." I smiled beneath my reddened face, pulling on my blazer with distracted concentration, "You look pretty handsome yourself."

His wide eyes blink slowly as his smile deepens, my gaze entrapped in his. Our group had finally reached the curb outside of Will an I's apartment and I couldn't help but beam. 
The night had finally begun. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeh, I really love this story so far. And I really love everyone subscribed! Thankyou Forevernalways and captainawkw4rd for your wonderful feedback! . You fellas are phenominal. (My phone actually autocorrects that to phenominiall #noshame)