Status: Finished :)

John H Watson

6

Sherlock heard heavy footsteps and the key unlocking the door to 221B Baker Street.
Sherlock mind began to haywire. How does he explain all this?
Sherlock watched John for the second he entered the room. John was dressed in all black and his body showed signs of him being in a hot and sunny place. He held himself differently his back was a little straighter and he had a confidence in his walk that wasn't there before. His hair was a little shorter and there was a clearness in his eyes.
Sherlock then knew John was a peace and had made a life for himself without him.
John hadn't noticed him there yet.
“Hello John.” he said quietly.
John turned quickly and his eyes went wide when he saw Sherlock stood there a few tears in his eyes.
“Sherlock?” he whispered “You're alive.”
“I am. Brilliant deduction.”
John gave him a confused look as he wiped the tears away.
“Me leaving has proven to be beneficial for you.” he informed him.
“Alright, if I didn't believe it was you before I do know.”
There was a silence between the two.
“Tea?” questioned Sherlock.
“That would be great.” replied John softly.
Sherlock nodded and looked round the kitchen he found the tea bags and mugs he then went to the fridge and noticed they were missing something.
“Hmm... John?”
“Yes?”
“There's no milk.”
Their eyes met like many times before and they both burst out laughing together. John eyes filled with tears again.
“So how did you do it and why?” asked John suddenly and calmly.
“You mean you have no idea?” questioned Sherlock and John shook his head. “He was gonna kill you, Mrs. Hudson and Lestrade if I didn't and I needed to take care of some things before I came back.” Sherlock told him. “It would only work if you all believed I was dead.”
John nodded slowly.
“I want to know everything later. Well they cleared your name.”
“I know Mycroft kept me informed.”
“Oh right.” said John. “Wait! What?” John looked at Sherlock in shock. “Mycroft knew! You mean to tell me he lied to my face for three years!”
Sherlock went quiet again.
“I'm sorry.”
John couldn't believe this, alright he could but this was to much he formed a friendship with Mycroft over the three years and to find out he have known all along shouldn't be surprising and on top of that Sherlock apologised. What had he hit in the head when he was away?
“He was important to my plan and I will explain everything later when Lestrade gets here because there still one thing I need to do.” explained Sherlock.
“Right.” said John and stood up and headed for the door.
John's emotions were all over the place anger, disbelief, happiness and relief. John stopped suddenly.
“Wanna come with me to get milk?”
Sherlock nodded and grabbed his coat.
“Oh and Sherlock.” spoke John and Sherlock turned towards John again.
John suddenly punched Sherlock in the jaw not to hard but enough to get his point across.
“Don't do that again.” continued John and then headed for the door for be could lose his cool again.
“I thought your new job would have taken all that violence out of you.”
“Don't worry it normally does.” John said as he continued on his mission for milk.
Sherlock got over his shock and jogged after John.
“Has everyone at the Yard seen you yet?” asked John as they walked to the shops and Sherlock nodded.
“What Anderson do?” asked John curiously with a childish smile.
Sherlock smiled back and began to tell him. Just like old times thought Sherlock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Longest chapter yet :) Review!!!