City Fires and The Tabloid Lies

The Missions and The Boulevards

Blood bunny’s p.o.v

I woke up screaming from that dream. Unfortunatley, it also woke up the rest of the gang.

“Blood, what the actual fuck? I was trying to sleep,” Slash said slightly pissed. I say slightly, he was giving me a death glare.

“Sorry guys. You know... nightmare,” I said trying to keep my composure as I didn’t want my sister and the others to watch me cry. They all just nodded at me, turned back and tried to go back asleep.

Atomic continued driving as I started to look at where we were. I guessed we were in zone 3 by this point, but it was still really dark, I checked the clock and in bright letters it said 5:49am... wow, no wonder Slash was pissed. I felt someone cuddle into my arm, I turned and saw a ball of bright orange hair with black tips. Must be Ruby.

“Hey sis, are you alright?” she questioned, sounding worried.

“Me, yeah I’m fine,” I said, sounding confident, but I was really trying to hide the fear that I had from that recollection. Ruby smiled and closed her eyes again.

The next time I fell asleep it was sweet and dreamless.

I woke up at about 10am as the car began to slow. I sat up and looked through the windows to see us stop; we must have found a gas station or something.

“Finally, I can go piss. I’ve been waiting about 7 fucking hours!” Cherri said, running inside.

“I agree with you on that. I need a shit,” Atomic said and she followed Cherri inside.

I saw Slash get out and walk into the station like a badass, followed Ruby who walked in beside him, talking about something. Probably about the rumoured bets he had with that group of other Killjoys last week which cost us $25. And finally there was, who Artistic walked out and spotted me finally awake.

“Hey Blood, you coming or what?” she asked as she peeked through my window.

“Yeah sure, I’ll be out in a few,” I said, getting out of the car and sitting on the bonnet.

Just as I was about to light my cigarette, I saw another car pull over, this time a multi-coloured trans-am. I decided to have my smoke whilst watching these new arrivals.

First to leave the car was a small guy sitting in the front passenger seat. He was about my height, with jet black hair and he was soon followed by another man who looked slightly older. He was taller, with blonde hair and sunglasses, exiting the car from the back left seat.

After him there was a guy with a dark brown afro, exiting from the other back seat. He was shortly followed by a little girl that had an afro as well, who also left from the back right. But was looked tiny, possilby the man’s daughter. She looked only about ten. The last to leave was a man with bright red hair, a blue and red leather jacket and tight brown pants. He was the one driving the car.

They started talking to one another as I sat there on the bonnet of my car only a few feet away from them. I was trying to figure out what they were saying, but as soon as I felt their eyes on me I looked back at the gas station and saw Cherri and Slash approach me.

“Who are they?” said Slash as he pointed to the new guys.

“I don’t know,” I replied. “But I think I’ve seen them before”

“Yeah me too,” said Cherri. “I think the redhead is kind of cute,” she added. Typical Cherri, always spoke her mind. As we were trying tp figure out who the mysterious men were, the others left the station and headed towards us.

“Hey guys ready to go?” Atomic said, as she sat on the bonnet with me.

“Oh, oh, oh, get me out of my mind, get me out of my mind!” Artistic burst out, causing us to laugh at her trying - and failing - to sing along to Brendon Urie.

“Come on guys; let’s go. We don’t want to get ghosted now don’t we?” Atomic said.

We enter the car, Ruby and Artistic still giggling at each other. Slash sat in the driver’s seat and Cherri sits shotgun; me, Atomic, Ruby and Artistic sat in the back. I still wondered who those mysterious men were. But when I turned around to look back, the trans-am and those people were gone.