Status: Active

Save My Heart

One

Tyler Seguin was my best friend and has been for as long as I can remember. I rolled over looking at the picture on my bedside table from his sixteenth birthday, our faces were covered in cake.

Even now as a soon to be NHL player Tyler was still the same old Tyler. He had his redneck moments, I usually only saw those when he drove around in his dads old pickup truck blasting country music.

I'll be there in ten minutes.

I jumped up from bed, throwing on a pair of jean shorts and a blue v neck in time as I heard Tyler honk two times, like always.

"I could have walked," I said climbing into the passenger side.

"Why would I do that?"

I shrugged as he turned the radio up. The drive to his house was short. Especially with the way Tyler drives.

"My mom has a surprise for you," Tyler smiled that dorky smile of his as he put the truck in park.

"Like what?"

"Can't say," he was still smiling as I followed him into his house.

"Riley!" Cassidy hugged me before disappearing into the kitchen.

"Ma!" Tyler called into the almost empty house.

"In here," Jackie, his mom called from the kitchen.

Jackie was leaning against the counter, Cassidy by her side.

"Where's Candace?" I asked.

"With her friends," Cassidy smiled.

I waited for someone to say something but nobody did. I nudged Tyler with my elbow but he shrugged.

"So what are we doing today?" Tyler asked.

"Well I was thinking a Jays game but Riley might be busy," and just like that a grin spread across her face as she handed Tyler the plane ticket.

I was going to the draft with them! I was grinning now as I threw my arms around Jackie and Cassidy before making my way over to Tyler.

"So no Jays game?" Tyler asked as I playfully shoved him.

"I can pack fast," I winked.

"Go get ready," his mom waved us off as I followed Tyler upstairs.

"Damn Segs, what happened? Did a twister come through here?" I teased.

"Very funny but no. If you help me pack I'll help you pack."

"Deal," we shook hands as he threw me a shirt. "Isn't this Candace's?"

"She won't mind, it's my room anyway."

I watched Tyler as he pulled his shirt up and over his head, changing into a plain white v neck. He was definitely hot, especially his body. If I said I didn't find him attractive then I'd be lying through my teeth.

But he was best friend.

"Are you going to change?" he asked buttoning up his jersey.

I nodded, pulling myself out of my thoughts. Tyler left the room as I changed and then met them all in the living room.

~

"This is going to take all night," I sighed falling back on his bed.

"Not when there is two of us," he fell beside me before trying to push me off the bed.

"We should go fishing," I suggested, holding onto his bed.

"Let's go," he pulled me up from his bed as we tip-toed down the stairs. We attached the trailer to the truck and I placed the poles in the back.

I helped Tyler carry the boat down to the dock and ran back up to the truck to grab the poles and tackle box.

"We better not get caught," I took his hand as I climbed into the boat.

"Since when have you been worried about getting caught?" he smirked, handing me a beer.

I rolled my eyes as he started the boat up.

"I'm going to miss doing this," I sighed, watching my bobber. We were out in the middle of the lake, the stars shining high above us.

"Me too, but I'll be back every summer."

You don't get it. It was more than just going fishing and hanging out. I had managed to develop deeper feelings for him.

He pulled the boat up onto the shore of a small island like thing. It wasn't big, room for at the most four or five people but it was our spot.

"I'm nervous," he admitted chugging down the rest of his beer.

"Don't be, you are an amazing player and you are going to be picked first."

"What if I'm not?" he looked nervous that was for sure.

"Then second, ya know second is the best," I winked.

"Whatever you say," he rolled his eyes before taking his shirt off. My heart nearly stopped beating in my chest for the second time today.

"You're crazy T-Segs," I laughed as he resurfaced.

"Yeah but you love me," he winked. "You should get in the water feels great."

I shook my head, still laughing. If you got Tyler alone you would see he was more than just the hockey playing jock. He was still a teenager. I was scared the NHL would change that.

"What's wrong?" Tyler must have noticed my face change or he just knew me to well and knew
when I was thinking.

"Please don't change," I hugged my knees into my chest.

"I won't," he climbed out of the water to come over and hug me. That's what they always said though.

"Really Ty, really?" I laughed as my clothes were now sopping wet. His arms were still around me as I looked up at him, The moon shining in deep brown eyes. My heart melted a little but we both kind of pulled away nervously.

"We should probably head back," I started picking the bottles up and putting them back in the cooler.

"Yeah, still got a lot of packing to do," he ran a hand through his wet hair before putting his shirt back on.

This can't be happening now especially not with my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapters for me are always awkward and short but I promise it will get better if you stick around to read it. I know I know another story and another Tyler Seguin story but he is just so awkward and fun to write about :P

Thank you all for checking this out! :) Promise it gets better.