Status: Active

Save My Heart

Three

The beach at night was easily more beautiful than it is during the day besides the loud, thumping music coming from the speakers.

"There you are," Taylor wrapped his arms around my waist. "You look really pretty tonight."-

"Hey," I spun around to hug him.

"I may be a rookie but not on the dance floor babe," he took me by the hand leading me to a make shift dance floor.

I wasn't used to dancing like this but I went for it anyway. He had moves, his moves even had moves especially when he pulled me close to him and I could feel every curve of his body.

But I didn't feel the butterflies. It just felt like I was dancing with a guy.

"Where did you learn to dance like that?" I asked him when the song ended.

He shrugged, "Years of practice."

I nodded as we got something to drink. He handed me a red solo cup that smelled of strong liquor. I saw Tyler talking to some of the other draft picks. And then I saw Erik. Taylor was already back and dancing after I told him I was going to sit this one out. But he still kept motioning for me to join him and the other two girls.

"Hey there," I smiled when I reached him.

"Hi," he pulled me into a hug, totally catching me off guard.

"Want to go for a walk?" I pointed toward the water.

"Sure," he nodded as we walked side by side near the shore. "So why didn't you mention you were here with Tyler Seguin?"

I shrugged, "Didn't think it was that important."

"Well is he your brother, cousin," Erik stopped for a second, "boyfriend?"

I shook my head, "He's my best friend."

He nodded, "I see well that's awesome of you to come an support him."

"Yeah, we've been best friends for a really long time and I wanted to be here for him more than anything."

"You're so sweet," he smiled.

I shrugged, a stupid smile on my face I was sure.

"So are you excited you got drafted third?"

"Of course, the Panthers will be a good team for me. Going first would have been nice though," he chuckled.

"Oh well, first isn't even that great."

"I don't know you seemed to be enjoying some of that number one pick," he smirked.

It was so cheesy but I felt myself start to blush, "We were just dancing."

He laughed, "I was only teasing."

"Uh huh sure," I stuck my tongue out.

"So Riley," he stuck his hands in his pockets.

"So Erik," I mimicked him, trying to break the awkward silence. I could see Tyler watching us from the covered shelter but he didn't move or say a word.

"How is a girl like you single?"

"How is a guy like you single?" it was easy to figure out why I was single.

"I asked you first."

"Guys aren't into me," I shrugged, "I guess I'm to much like one of the guys."

"Not true, you caught my attention as well as Hall's and I'm sure the rest of the guys."

"And that's what I don't understand, how is that you guys notice me but not guys from Brampton?"

He shrugged, "Because they are boys and we are men."

I giggled, "Well that makes perfect sense."

He smirked, "I always do."

"Whatever," I playfully shoved him.

There was another awkward silence for a minute before Erik spoke. "What I want to know is how you and Tyler were able to be best friends without the feelings."

I didn't want to talk about this. I didn't know why he cared so much about it either. I chugged back the rest of my drink before I continued.

I shrugged, "I really don't know. I would be lying if I said I never thought of him that way but he never showed signs of feeling the same." He nodded as I talked, "I guess we were only meant to be best friends."

"Didn't any of your friends tell you anything?"

I shook my head, "They were mostly guys, at least our mutual friends and guys don't talk about that stuff."

He nodded and another awkward silence occurred. I began twisting my hair around my finger,

"Would you like to go get another drink?" he held his hand out for me to take.

I sipped my drink as we watched the party goers dance. Taylor seemed a bit drunk which only made it more comical.

"How much do you think Hall's had to drink?" I asked Erik as he chuckled to himself.

"Would you like to dance?" Erik asked. I nodded and just like that our bodies pressed together.

I was getting used to this kind of dancing and almost enjoying it but it probably had something to do with the alcohol. Taylor spun me away from Erik somehow and had his arms around my waist, hands on my ass.

"You are the prettiest girl here," he whispered in my ear.

Erik cut in right as he was about to kiss me. He pulled me away from the dancing and handed me another drink. We headed toward one of the dunes a little down the beach and plopped down in front of it.

"Look at the moon," I pointed up my head tilted back slightly.

"It's the second prettiest thing out here," He was looking at me.

I felt my cheeks flush as he placed his hand on my leg.

"You know if this was a lake I would probably go jump in," I tried to distract myself from his hand on my leg, "I would just strip down and jump in."

"Wait," Erik nearly choked, "Strip down completely?"

I shook my head, "Depending on who I am with. But usually not completely."

"I was about to say," Erik laughed, drawing circles on my thigh. "Would you if it was just you and I?"

I knew my cheeks were super red now as all I could do was shrug. I don't even know why I brought that up.

Erik was even closer to me now, each circle burning my skin. Something didn't feel right but Erik was so hot and he seemed to like me. That's all I've wanted, for one guy to not over look me because my best friend is Tyler Seguin.

"Do you need something else to drink?" I asked. Erik pulled out two bottles of beer, pouring them into our glasses. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little buzzed. Or a lot.

My hand rested on Erik's thigh as we laughed and talked. After a while I found myself nearly sitting in Erik's lap, our faces inches apart.

"You are so beautiful," he slightly slurred his words.

"And you are so damn attractive," I slurred back. We both busted up laughing as he moved in for the kill.

"Erik," I held a finger up to his lips, "I can't."

"Tyler?"

I nodded.

"Well if he actually wanted you the way I do he would have had done something about it."

I felt my heart drop at the realization. I loved Tyler and he didn't feel the same.

Erik didn't try to kiss me again though, instead he filled our cups. This final drink put me over, I was drunk now and my feelings were all over the place.

I kissed Erik this time and he was really good. He pulled me closer, his hands around my waist. I ran my hand through his hair as I felt him pulling at the bottom of my tank top. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pushed my tank top up, exposing my stomach.

"Not here," I slightly giggled when I felt him playing with the button on my shorts.

"Nobody can see us over here," He kissed me again, his hands now resting on my boobs. I was so lost in his kiss I hadn't even realized my tank top was on the sand next to us.

"Erik, we really can't do this here."

"Fine, we can go to my room?" Erik suggested. I wasn't exactly sure that was a good idea, but for some odd reason I agreed. Maybe to make Tyler Jealous?

The party was still rocking as we slipped by hopefully unnoticed.

I couldn't stop giggling as we weaved through the crowd, hand in hand.

"You have to stop," he started to chuckle as I spotted Tyler on the other side of the crowd. He had a few guys as well as girls around him. I rolled my eyes, taking hold of Eriks hand again.

"Riley!" Shit. Just when I thought we were in the clear Tyler is standing on the sidewalk at the edge of the parking lot.

"What?" I turned around, sounding bitchier than intended.

"Where do you think you are going?" he was moving closer now.

I hesitated, trying to come up with an excuse. "Erik is taking me back to the hotel."

"Why didn't you ask me?" Tyler crossed his arms, staring Erik down.

"You were busy, Erik offered," Erik came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Run along Seguin," Erik wasn't helping.

"Come on Ri, I'll take you home," Tyler kept coming closer.

"No, go back to your girls and your party."

He stopped, "Are you drunk?"

"No," I knew he could see right through me.

"Yes you are, come on before you make a stupid decision."

"I'm not a kid anymore Ty. I can handle myself."

"No you can't Ri, I know you."

"Can you stop that? Why do you even care? It's my choices and my life." I got all defensive.
Erik took my hand, slowly pulling me away. Tyler stood there not sure what to say as we began to walk now.

"Riley!" Tyler ran up behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You can run along Gudbranson," Tyler used his words against him. "I'll take it from here."

"Whatever," Erik gave up and headed back to the hotel. "I'll talk to you later Riley."

I just looked at Tyler. "Why do you ruin everything for me?"

"I was saving you from making a huge mistake," Tyler reasoned.

"How? What kind of mistake? Erik really liked me, for once and you ruined it. Like always."

"No he didn't! He was just trying to get you in bed with him, stop being so naive!" He practically shouted at me now.

I felt the tears sting the back of my eyes. I didn't know what to say and I definitely didn't want to cry in front of him over this soy I turned around and headed towards the hotel. I heard his quiet footsteps behind me but he kept his distance.

But I knew I wouldn't have done anything with Erik because I love my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it! :) Thank you all so much for your comments and for reading this story, means a lot!