Status: Active

Save My Heart

Four

-Part One-


I laid in bed for hos unable to sleep while Tyler was fast asleep in the bed beside me. I didn't want to love him especially not now. I can't love him and I can't tell him. It would just make things weird between us and I couldn't risk the only real, important friendship I had.

Finally around three, the tears slowed and I finally fell asleep.

"Do you really have to be that loud?" I groaned as Tyler moved around the room getting ready.

"Sorry," he shut the dresser.

"It's seven Ty, why are you awake?"

"More interviews," he sighed. "I should be back around noon and then we can do whatever."

I buried my face in the pillow as he shut the door quietly behind him.

Most people thought Tyler was a douche but he really wasn't. He might be one of the sweetest guys I know, as long as he is around the right people.

My phone buzzed on the bedside table, not allowing me to fall back to sleep.

Bonfire, seven, be there?" It was Hall, I smiled as I replied with a sure.

I hoped Erik wouldn't be there but I knew he was going to be. There was no way he wouldn't be.

I rolled back over in an attempt to go back to sleep but my phone buzzed again.

Am I going to see you tonight?

It was Erik this time. And even though he tried to get in my pants last night, making him a sleaze, something about him still gave me that tingly feeling.

Maybe.

Just as I rolled over to get into a more comfortable position, Cassidy came through the door and plopped down beside me.

"Can you take me swimming Ri?" She asked with a huge smile on her face.

"Sure but first I need coffee," I smiled back.

"Starbucks is downstairs I can get you your favorite?" she offered.

"What's my favorite?" I gave her a look, even though I knew she knew exactly what it was.

"Iced caffe mocha," She grinned.

"Good job," I handed her the ten dollars and she left the room as quickly as she got here.

I changed into my bathing suit, throwing a shirt and shorts over.

Cassidy was already waiting for me in the elevator the second after she handed me my drink. "Come on Ri!" she called after me, pushing the door open button over and over.

There weren't to many people here. A couple of guys across from where we set our stuff down and then there were two girls at the other end. Cassidy was down to her swimsuit before I could even get my shoes off.

"Where's Candace?" I asked, shimmying out of my shorts.

Cassidy rested her arms on the ledge, "Upstairs, she said she would probably come down eventually."

I pulled my tank top over my head, throwing it down on top of my shorts.

"Damn Brampton," I heard a familiar voice from behind me. There was Taylor, his sunglasses resting on the tip of his nose as he smirked at me.

"Shut up," I playfully shoved him as he smiled.

"Just being honest," he was back to smirking, "So what brings you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing," I crossed my arms over my chest, "Shouldn't you be doing interviews?"

"I don't have any others until after noon."

I nodded, "Cassidy asked me to take her swimming."

"Well aren't you a sweetheart," he went to playfully pinch my cheek but I smacked his hand away. He smirked, "Fiesty, I like that."

I rolled my eyes, "So who are you here with?"

"Fowler, Johansen, Skinner and Gudbranson is supposed to be meeting us in a little bit."

"Cool," I smiled. "Are they going to be at the bonfire?"

He nodded, "You should come say hey."

I followed Taylor over to where the guys were, they tried to act like they weren't watching us but we weren't stupid. "Guys this is Riley," He introduced me to Johansen and Skinner who eagerly shook my hand.

We fell into easy conversation about the draft, if the guys were excited to start their NHL careers and about the bonfire. The second I saw Erik come out from the hotel doors, I wanted to leave but I knew he already saw me and I couldn't keep running away from him.

"Erik," Taylor and the rest of the guys shared a bro hug with him. I slightly waved to him and the guys quickly picked back up on the bonfire topic once again.

"I'll see you guys later," I finally said when I realized what time it was.

"See you later," Jeff hugged me.

"I'll walk you back," Taylor offered, his hand on the small of my back.

"Back to my stuff?" I look confused but he just nodded, leading me back to my chair.

"I can't wait for tonight, will you dance with me?" Taylor asked as I slipped on my tank top.

I shrugged, "Maybe."

"Come on," he stepped in front of me, blocking the guys view from across the pool. "This weekend is almost over and I won't see you again."

"Maybe you will just have to come see me then," I winked.

"Or you can come see me," he offered.

"We'll see," I smiled, putting my shorts on.

Taylor leaned in, kissing my cheek. "See you later."

~

"Are you ready?" Tyler asked, when he got back.

I nodded slipping my shoes back on and following, "So what are we doing?"

"Being tourists," He grinned.

We walked down the sidewalk to some stands along the beach. They sold just about anything you can think of, maps, sunglasses, hats, tshirts, and even food.

"Like my hat?" I modeled one of the hats that looked like a fishing hat, "I could wear it when we go fishing."

Tyler chuckled, "Very nice." He put on one of the LA Dodger hats but before he could take it off I got a picture of him, his tongue sticking out.

I put on a cowboy hat, letting Tyler take a picture as well. He disappeared to the other side and came back with two shirts, each saying Los Angeles with the scenery across the front.

"Aw thank you Ty," I hugged him as he took my hand pulling me across the street to the beach. We stopped at one of the concession stands where we each got a hotdog and a soda to share.

It was almost like a date. But it was Tyler and he wasn't into me like that and we did these things all the time.

But after the whole Erik thing, it only made me realize that my feelings were beyond friendship. And if I couldn't have Tyler then I simply wasn't going to date.

"So are you excited for the bonfire?" Tyler asked.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Even though Erik is going to be there?"

I shrugged, "It's whatever. I just want to have fun."

He nodded, scooting a little closer to me. He tried to be subtle about it but I noticed. I felt my heart beat pick up a lot.

"I want to go surfing," Tyler sighed, watching the guys out on the surfboards. It came out of no where.

"You'd fall," I laughed.

He shoved me, causing both of us to laugh now. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, "I'm glad you came."

"I'm happy you stopped me from going with Erik."

He didn't say anything, just kissed my cheek and helped me up as we made our way back to the hotel to get ready for the bonfire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its been a few days but I wanted to get an update out and I didn't want it to be to long so here is part one :) thank you all for reading and commenting!