Status: Active

Save My Heart

Five

This weekend has been more emotional than needed. And now I stand here fighting back the tears that are threatening to fall.

Tyler's flight was boarding in an hour. This was the last hour we had together.

Jackie, his mom was making sure he had everything at the same time she was fighting tears.

"Ma, I'm only going to be gone a week."

I decided to butt in, "Hey Ty, want to go for a walk?"

He nodded, jumping up from his seat. "Thank you."

"No problem," I smiled as we headed in the direction of the food court area. "I'm really sorry about this week."

"Why? There's nothing to be sorry about."

"Well the way I acted," I shrugged.

"Yeah, what was with that last night?"

I sighed. I had to tell him, " I really don't know."

"It wasn't a side of you I was used to seeing," he smirked.

"Hey now, it wasn't even that bad and you've seen me worse than that."

He nodded, a cute grin on his face, "True true. But it was like you became that over protective girlfriend."

I couldn't tell him. It's obvious he doesn't feel the same. I wasn't about to make myself look more of a fool than I already have.

So we changed the subject to him. If he was nervous about development camp, when he was coming back.

"I'm going to miss you," I said quieter than intended.

"Ri, like I told my mom, I'm only going to be gone a little over a week."

"Right now, yeah, but by August you will be gone longer."

He was silent. He didn't know what to say because he knew it was true. Hopefully he was thinking the same thing as I was, that there was more behind this whole conversation.

Just as he was about to speak, his phone rang, "We got to go."

I followed Tyler back to his parents, the boarding sounded in the crowded airport and my heart fell.

Tyler hugged his dad dad before moving onto his sisters. His mom wouldn't let go and I was afraid my goodbye was going to be cut short.

"I love you," I whispered in his ear as he squeezed me.

"I love you too," he kissed the top of my head.

"No Ty," I tried to say as his mom was shooing him off to his plane before he missed it.

He stood there looking confused but did like his mother asked and headed for the terminal and was going to leave just like that. Not even wanting to know what I had to say.

I couldn't stop the tears any more. Nothing would help though. Tyler didn't feel the same and now he was off to Boston where I'm sure he will find someone else.

We grabbed our bags, heading towards the other gate for our flight. I turned around one last time, Tyler still standing in line but he was looking back at me. I gave him a slight wave and turned right back around.

Once we got on our plane, I put my headphones in and shut my eyes, leaning my head against the window.

This was going to be the longest week ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh sorry it took a couple days and sorry it's pretty short! But the next one will hopefully be a little longer, just been distracted with the Olympics and such haha but thank ya'll so much for reading and commenting and subscribing means a lot to me! :)