Status: Finished

Don't You Ever Forget About Me.

Chapter Nine - Dinner & Date

It's been a week since the lake date as I like to call it, since then Justin and I had "hung out" five times already. It was most definitely something more than friendship but I couldn't recall what this was between us.
Right now I was sitting in the car driving to dinner, and yes it was with Justin. And before you even have the thought of Justin being an ass for not picking me up instead of making me drive all the way I made hi do that. I've never been the one that likes to be taken care of, I pretty much forced him in making me drive there by myself.

Finally after half an hour I parked the car next to Justin's car on the parking lot of a pretty simple dinner a bit outside town. As I stepped out someone put their hands over my eyes but his laugh gave him away.
"Nice try Justin" I laughed and turned around to see a smiling Justin just standing there all handsome. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. The insecurities that always are streaming under my skin started to boil up to my brain. Why did he like me? Was it thanks to pity, did he just feel sorry for me? But my worries disappeared as he grabbed my hand and walked me inside the dinner and we sat down in a little booth on an own side so we faces each other.
"I was kinda planning a quick dinner actually, cause I would like to take you somewhere else later" He said as the small dinner came to our table. It consisted of a plate of fries and another plate of chicken along with two milkshakes for both of us. I smiled from ear to ear.
"And I hope you're alright with this food I didn't know what to order.." He said and looked down.
"Hey" I said and made him look up again. "You don't have to try anything special to me, I love simplicity like this. It's one of the best things I know" I said and took up five fries pinched between my fingers and placed them in my mouth and smiled as Justin relaxed.

We talked and ate for about an hour before Justin took me in his arms and carried me out to his car while I laughed like a moron while the people in the dinner laughed and smiled at us. I tried to get out of his grip but he nearly crushed me in his embrace. He sat me down on the passenger seat and put on the belt then hurried over to his side and closed the door.
"Where are you even taking-" Justin shut me up by putting his hand over my mouth.
"Stop asking that, it's a surprise" He said and smiled. I nodded and he took away his hand and started his car. I brought my knees to my chest again and exhaled some nervousness. I need to calm down and just relax.
As Justin started the car he also started the radio which was connected to his iPhone.
"Take a look at the songs, I'm sure you'll find something there" He said and smiled to me. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, he knew we had a pretty different music taste but still I took up his iPhone and started to look trough the many artist. I browsed through it pretty quickly until my eye caught something new in the P section. I started, mouth open at Justin who started laughing. I started the first song of my favorite band, Parachute.
"I love this song the most I think" I said and closed my eyes and let the music fill the car. I heard Justin laugh again. "What? Not agreeing with me?" I asked and exaggerated my gasp. He laughed again and then we continued our drive while my favorite band played the whole way and Justin didn't even complain a bit.

After a while we reached the lake where we had first... had a date? I still wasn't sure what we was. Were we close friends, were we dating? What the fuck was actually going on between us.
But I stayed happy the whole night anyways. We walked around the area and eventually sat on the hood of the car looking up at the sky with the few stars up there tonight. We had been silent for a good ten minutes, just holing hands. And with his hand in mine I got the courage to ask him.

"Justin" I said and glanced over at him as he turned around to see me. I sat up but I still held his hand.
"Phoenix?" He said and sat up also.
"What are we doing? Like, are we... dating or what..." I didn't know what more to say. He and I both started to blush and didn't look at each other.
"I- I would just like to know" I said slowly and quiet so maybe he wouldn't hear me.
"I really like you Phoenix" He said and looked up. I could still see his as I hid under my bangs. He smiled and I bit my lip and looked up to meet his eyes. I felt like a fifteen year old girl again, butterflies in my stomach believing every word the guys told me. God, I sounded like Taylor Swift there didn't I?
"Well, I like you too" I started to bite my lip again. The fuck, sometimes in life you have to take risks, this one of those moments. I closed my eyes and opened them again moving closer and closer to Justin until our lips touch. My mind went blank, every single cliche ignites from my head and imagination. I smile into the kiss as he finally kisses back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annnd they kiss! So are they a couple are they not? Hm, what would you say? :)

Thank you for the comments and everything, means so much for me!