Status: Hey everyone! This is a story I'm just working on, and if you like me to contuine, please tell me so!

Invisible

California Dreaming

Everywhere I turn, I'd see celebrities walking down the streets like an actual person.

My mom looks at me.

"Isn't this great, Tabby? We're in California!"

I bit my lower lip, and I mustered up a smile.

"Yeah! It's great."

After my parents got divorced, my mom had her heart set on moving to California, for some unknown reason.

My mom's smile turned into a frown.

"You don't sound happy to be here, Tabby. I thought you'd be excited to be here." my mom stated.

No, you wanted to go to California. I wanted to stay in Texas, but you wouldn't let me! I thought, but I didn't tell her that.

"I am excited, mom. I just miss dad, that's all." I stated, looking at her.

My mom nodded, and she gripped the steering wheel.

"Okay. I'm just asking." mom said, turning her attention towards the road.

I let out a small sigh, and turned my attention back to the scenery.

With every house we passed, it seemed every house got bigger, and my smotach dropped.

"Wait until you see the house I got us. I think you'll like it. It's close by a park that seemed to be a hit with the locals." Mom was saying.

How could she afford a house that made our ranch house look like a trailer in comparison?

We pulled into the drive-way, and what seemed to loom over us was a white house with light blue trimming.

"Oh my gosh, Mom, it looks just like our ranch house back in Texas!" I stated, unbuckling myself, and getting out of the car.

Mom laughed, and she got out herself.

"I knew you'd like it. "

I ran up the steps, and into the house.

I gasp, because if I thought the house was big on the outside, it was nothing like the inside:

It reminded me of a cabin, because everything was polished wood, including the stairs that led upstairs.

There were huge bay windows that over-looked the ocean, which we were apparently close by a beach.

When my mom came in, I ran up to her, and I gave her a hug.

"Mom, this is amazing!"

My mom smiled.

"Well, I just thought if we were in a new state, new city, we might as well start with a new house."

I returned her smile.

She made it sound like living in California would be a piece of cake.

And boy, was she ever wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for another chapter!