Z

The Prison

I sat up in the bunk I shared with Shane and sighed. They had found another refuge in a prison. I looked around at the bars from the cell and sighed. Shane was off trying to talk some sense into Rick, trying to get him to go to that Woobury that we stumbled across. It’s been almost two weeks since the farm was overrun by walkers and almost two weeks since I had lost Rose.

As much as I tried to hide it, I was depressed. It was like the beginning when I had lost my husband and son all over again. I didn’t really have the energy to go out with the others and do the chores, nor did I talk much to Shane. To say I was putting a strain on our relationship was an understatement.

He was putting up with me though, I had to give him that; but I could tell he was starting to get fed up with my one-word answers and my lack of affection.

I sighed again, pushing myself up from the bunk and walking out of the block where everyone slept and into the kitchenette, where everyone was at.

I could tell they were shocked by my presents, but only smiled at me. Shane came to my side and I attempted to smile. He grabbed my hand and I interlocked our fingers. It was a start.

“We were just talking about Woodbury.” Rick stated, and I focused my attention on him. “We’re discussing if we should go.”

“Of course we should.” I furrowed my eyebrows, why would we not go? “Worst case scenario, they don’t want us there. Then we can just leave and never talk about it again.”

“I think Beth is right,” I looked over at Hershel and smiled. “What if the others found it and are staying there? We could bring them back home.”

“What if they find us a threat and shoot at us? We’re low on weapons and ammo. We can hardly defend ourselves against the walkers outside.”

“We could try to reason with them. It wouldn’t hurt to try to become alliances with them.” Maggie suggested, looking from Glenn to the rest of us. I knew they were sleeping together when they would disappear together, and I thought that it was sweet that they could connect like Shane and I. Even Daryl and Rose seemed to have been getting closer before the farm incident.

I still distrusted Lori, but even I was glad that her and Rick seemed to work everything out. She stood behind his decisions, regardless of them being poor or not, and I respected that. I’d stand behind Shane with every decision, flaw and tragedy. I loved him.

It was weird for me to come to terms with my feelings for him; I thought that I would always love my husband and no one would be able to falter that. But given the certain circumstances, I found comfort and support in Shane’s arms and I couldn’t be happier with anyone else.

“Alright.” Rick broke my thoughts and I looked back to him. “We’ll leave for Woodbury in a couple of days. We need to make sure that the prison will be secure enough to hold up in our absence.”

I squeezed Shane’s hand when Rick said that we’d be going back to Woodbury. Once everyone was in their own conversations about our new plans, I pulled Shane off to the side.

“I just wanted to apologize about the last couple of weeks. I didn’t mean to put you through that.”

Shane pulled me into him, and kissed the top of my head. “I understand what you were going through.”

“We’ve all lost people, and I was being selfish.”

“Stop,” I looked up at him to see that he was looking down at me, an intense look in his eyes. “yes, we’ve all lose people these past couple of years but it doesn’t mean that loosing someone we care about will ever be easy.”

“I love you,” I blurted out, but I watched as he smiled. “I know I haven’t shown it lately, but don’t ever think that I don’t.”

“I love you too, Beth.” He gently took ahold of my hand and tugged on it. “Let’s go somewhere a little less crowded.”

I let him lead me outside the prison, until we got to the watch tower. I looked at him in confusion, but he just smiled and led me all the way to the top.

“I do believe I remember you telling me you were going to take advantage of me,” Shane turned to me once he secured the door and I bit my lip.

He was standing a couple of feet away from me, I leaned forwards and hooked my fingers into his front belt loops; pulling him closer to me. I watched on as he started to smirk, looking down at me as I sat on the counter. “Remind me again, what did I say?”

“Your words were, ‘Oh, Shane, you’re so unbelievably sexy. I can’t resist you anymore.’”

“Oh, if I said that it must be true.” I trailed my hands up his chest, resting for a moment at the top button. I never broke eye contact with him as I started to unbutton his shirt, one button at a time. His hands were rubbing up and down my thighs, causing a burning to start in my lower abdomen. I tightened my legs around him, pulling him all the way into me. I could feel his bulge against me and a soft moan escaped my lips.

Leaning into me, I closed my eyes when he attached his lips to my neck; kissing all over my throat and shoulder. My breathing started to grow heavy as it got hotter and hotter in the room. I was dying to take all my clothes off and just jump Shane, but I wanted to explore every inch of him.

Shane pulled away just for me to slide his shirt off. Once it was thrown somewhere behind him, he tugged at the hem of my shirt and I got the hint to take it off. We were now shirtless, and he slipped his hands behind me to unclasp my bra. When he threw that behind him, he gently pushed on my shoulders, causing me to lean up against the glass. Luckily, it was tinted.

He leaned back down and started to kiss down my chest, going into the valley of my breast and going all the way down to my belly button. Looking up as if he was asking permission, I nodded and he started to undo the button of my jeans and slide the zipper down.

He kissed further down once my jeans were open before softly caressing my hips with his thumbs. I jumped, letting out a shaky breath once he rubbed over a sensitive spot in the dip of my hips and he laughed. “I like that,”

“Me too,”

He worked his way back up, his hands following after his mouth and he stood back up he made it back to my jaw. Holding out his hands, I took them and allowed him to help me off of the counter. Standing chest to chest, he leaned down to place a kiss on my lips. It was slow and passionate, making me weak in the knees. I hooked my arms around his neck to keep myself from collapsing.

I eased us onto the floor, me straddling his waist. I started to do what he had just done to me, kissing down his chest until I reached his jeans, but I didn’t stop to ask for permission. I started to unbuckle his pants as his hands trailed over every inch he could reach.

I heard his breathe hitch once I grazed over him, and I smiled to myself. I worked my way back up to his lips before shimmying out of my jeans and positioning myself over him.

“I need you,” he whispered before his hands found my hips once more and guided me the rest of the way.

"Then have me,"

Image


I lay beside Shane, my head resting on his chest; the racing of his heart was starting to come to a more steady rhythm while he played with my hair.

“This new world is the most devastating thing to happen,” Shane whispered. “But it brought you to me, and I don’t think I could be happier than I am when you’re in my arms.”

I turned and kissed him, holding his cheek lovingly. “I don’t know what I would do without you, Shane.”

And hopefully I’ll never have to know.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, firstly I'd like to apologize for the loooooongggg delay. I just moved about two weeks ago, im pretty damn sick and all I want to do is sleep, plus work was stupid hectic with easter but now that it's over, updating should back back to the slightly regular updating schedule.

secondly, i have a gillion things to update and I don't want to get tooo behind so I'll update those soon. don't give up on any of my stories. They all will be updated when I can get over this stupid writer's block. it about took me two days to write this update.

and i was going to go into more detail with the smut, but i decided i'd let you imagine it however you want. im too blahh right now to write anymore. hope you enjoyed it! comment and subscribe and recommendddd!

P.S. Yes, I sighed a lot during this chapter. lol