Z

Darylina

While the world outside of Woodbury's walls was crowded with walkers, the town seemed to be untouched. People went on with their lives, ignoring the danger lurking just beyond the gates. Merle lead us through the middle of the town, towards the town hall, talking at us over his shoulder.

"What happened to the sheriff?" Merle questioned, glancing back at his brother, "You get revenge for your dear brother?"

"Got separated," Daryl said, his voice was rougher than usual.

"You stayed with them?" Merle stopped abruptly and turned to face us, "After what he did to me?" He held up the capped arm.

"You did that to yourself," Daryl replied, "They told me what happened in Atlanta. You attackin' T-"

"He was runnin' his mouth and got what he deserved. That asshole sheriff cuffed me and left me to die and you stayed with him?" Merle scoffed, "Were you too scared to go out on your own, Darylina?" Daryl still held my hand, his grip tightened. Merle stepped closer to his brother, "You ever tell that sheriff we joined that group to rob 'em?" Daryl let go of me and shoved Merle backwards, sending him stumbling. The older man regained his footing and came at Daryl again, I stepped back as the two went to the ground, cussing and fighting.

"Stop," I squeaked out, stepping back in surprise.

"Hey! Hey! Break it up!" Two men from the gate came running as citizens looked on. Merle had his injured arm across Daryl's neck while his free hand was landing body shots, this didn't last long, though. Daryl wrapped his legs around Merle's and rolled on top of him, he uncoiled his legs and used his knees to pin his brother's arms. Daryl's fists made contact with Merle's face twice before the guards pulled him off.

"Your sheriff teach you to fight like a little bitch?" Merle spat, blood was coming from his mouth. Daryl struggled against the two men.

"You want us to take him to the Gov?" One of the men asked.

"Nah," Merle shook his head, "Just take them to an empty apartment."

"We ain't stayin'" Daryl said.

"What's all the commotion for?" A voice asked from behind me, making me tense up. Daryl's eyes met mine for a moment before he looked at the man behind me. I didn't have to look to know who it was.

"Just a brotherly disagreement," Merle smirked, "We're good now, Gov."

"Your brother?" Jake said, coming to stand beside me, "You found him?" I saw him look at me from the corner of my eye.

"More like he found us," One of the guards said. Jake didn't respond, his eyes were fixed on me, but I refused to look at him. It appeared that a world overrun by the dead was a small one. Daryl had found his brother and I found my ex.

"Rose?" He asked, I willed myself to glance over at him for just a moment. I gave him a tightlipped smile and a nod, "You made it." Jake enclosed me in a familiar hug; I stood there awkwardly, my arms

"Hey asshole," Daryl said, making Jake pull back and look his way, "Getcher hands off my girl." Jake looked from me to Daryl and raised his hands with a smirk.

"Sorry, brother," Jake said, "We just go way back."

"I ain't yer brother," Daryl pulled against the two men, Jake motioned and the two released their grip on Daryl, who closed the distance between us and secured an arm around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"Ya'll are stayin' for the night, right?" Jake asked, glancing at the setting sun, "The biters get real active when the sun goes down."

"I'll take my chances," Daryl said, adjusting his crossbow on his shoulder. His hands were cut up from his scuffle with Merle

"I don't feel comfortable with that," Jake said, shaking his head, "I don't want her put in danger." We stood there, everyone looking from face to face.

"They'll stay," Merle said, "With me."

"Good," Jake nodded, "Enjoy your time here," He said, looking at Daryl with a smile, "Good to see you, Rose." With that he walked away, the two guards following him. Merle placed his hand on Daryl's shoulder, their fight seemingly forgotten.

"Come with me," Merle sighed.

Image


"Who in the hell was that?" Daryl asked as we sat in Merle's kitchen. Dishes filled the sink, empty bottles of Jack Daniels decorated the counter.

"Jake," I said, taking my hair down while Merle rustled up some food for us, "That's my ex." Merle glanced over his shoulder at me.

"He's the man in charge," Merle said, "They call him the Governor."

"The Governor?" Daryl scoffed.

"Yeah, and you don't want to be on his bad side, little brother," Merle said.

"I ain't afraid of him," Daryl said, "We're leaving first thing in the mornin'," He looked to Merle, "You comin' with us?"

Merle looked around the small kitchen, "Let me think on it."

Image


The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. Merle had let Daryl and I have his room while he took the couch. I crept out into the kitchen, being careful not to wake Merle incase he was still sleeping. The kitchen was empty, so was the bathroom, finally I entered the living room to find the couch empty.

"Hello?" I called out, only getting silence in return. I peeked out the windows of the small apartment, looking down on the street. I could see the townies of Woodbury milling around and I wondered if maybe Merle and Daryl had gone to talk to Jake.

I got myself together and made my way down the stairs and opened the door that lead to the street, there I was met with Jake.

"Good Morning," He smiled, stepping back.

"Hey," I said, looking behind him for Daryl or Merle, "Have you seen-"

"The Dixon brothers are out teaching my men how to hunt," He smiled, "No worries, they'll be back a bit later."

I raised my eyebrows, skeptical, "Really?"

"Yep, I was here earlier this morning to speak with Merle and Daryl came out of the bedroom to join us. Would you like to get something to eat with me while we wait for them to come back?"

"I shouldn't."

"What could it hurt?" Jake asked, "Everything's alright now."

Image
Daryl


My hands were zip tied together as the Governors men lead Merle and I through the woods. My older brother was beside me as we walked, I glanced over at him. It had been early in the morning when the noise from the living room woke me. I'd gotten out of bed, looking back at Rose before I left the room, my knife in hand and ready to fight. I'd found Merle being tied up by the two men from earlier, I only had a moment to process what I was seeing before I was hit from behind.

"Keep it moving," one of our guards said when Merle glanced over at me. I looked back at my brother who gestured at the man in front of him, he had a hunting knife on his belt. I nodded in agreement as we came to a stop in a clearing.

"Sorry to do this to you, Merle," one of the men said.

"Fuck off," Merle returned, making a grab for the knife. His hands closed around it and I used both my hands to hit the man nearest me. I kicked at him as he fell, my steel toed boot connecting with his temple. Merle stabbed one man, only to be knocked to the ground by another.

"Merle!" I said as I started for him, but before I could reach him, people rushed into the clearing. I froze, seeing Shane, Beth, Rick, and Glenn.

"Daryl?" Rick asked, their presence distracted the Governors men long enough for Merle to dig the knife he'd stolen into one of their legs. The man screamed and fell to the ground. Shane aimed at the other man.

"You better start explaining," He said, cocking the revolver.

"These assholes were about to kill us!" Merle yelled, pulling the knife free and stabbing the man again.

"They ambushed us," I said, "Kill 'im." Shane pulled the trigger.

"Where's Rose?" Bee demanded, grabbing onto my vest.

"Back in Woodbury," I said.

"What is it?" Rick asked as Merle stood.

"It's a town, Sheriff," Merle said, "With an army."

"We have to go get her," Beth said, her eyes not leaving me.

"Damn straight," I replied, looking to Shane and Rick for back up, "Get these off me an' let's go."

"Me too," Merle demanded.

"Don't hold your breath," Rick said, cutting me free as Shane pulled Beth back to speak with her.

"They took my bow," I said, rubbing my wrists as Rick handed me the knife to free Merle.

"You any good with one of these?" Shane asked, pulling a nine millimeter from the backpack he carried. I freed my brother and took the gun.

"What about me?" Merle asked, holding his hand out for a weapon, "You want me to just fight them bare handed."

I handed him the knife and watched him fasten it to his metal capped arm.

"Don't gimmie reason to shoot you," I said quietly to him.

"You don't have the balls, Darylina," He smirked.

"Don't try me, Merle."
♠ ♠ ♠
comment and let us know what you think! :)