Status: Completed =^_^=

The Heart of the Hearth

Chapter Thirteen

“ZEUS!”

Olympus trembled under the force of my voice. The marble columns quivered as I stormed by them. I placed my hands on the doors to the meeting room and threw them opened. Zeus stood from his chair as I entered the room. My other siblings sat at the table in their respected seats.

“Do you have any idea what you have done?!” Zeus bellowed.

“Do you?!” I screamed. They all flinched at my words.

“You killed him!”

“You did not heed my warning!”

“So you killed him because we wanted to be together! We were soulmates! We were meant to be together!”

Zeus slammed a hand down on the table.

“That gives you no right to set the city ablaze!”

I huffed, “You’re the almighty king. Why don’t you stop it?”

My words were even. This seemed to enrage Zeus.

“You shouldn’t have started the fire in the first place!”

“You should have known your place.” I spat. My words only fueled his rage.

“Poseidon!” He turned to our brother. “Extinguish the flames!”

Poseidon rose to his feet, heading toward the doors.

“Leave the library.” I told him. He stopped and looked at me confused.

“Why?”

“Because that place was ours.”

Poseidon looked at me sadly before nodding his head. I listened to his footsteps echo through the corridor as he left.

“What shall you accomplish by letting the library burn?”

I looked at Zeus.

“I could let you burn instead.”

My words frightened my sisters. They stared at me. Zeus looked at me. After a moment, he nodded.

“And I have an announcement to add.” I spoke. “Seeing as my soulmate has been murdered, I have decided that I shall be a virgin goddess.”

My siblings looked at me in shock.

“Hestia, are you sure about that?” Demeter asked me.

I nodded. “The one that I love is dead and gone. We pledged our love to one another. I shall honor our pledge and never love another.”

“If that is what you wish…” Zeus spoke.

I could hear the regret in his voice, but I didn’t care. He had done something that could never be undone.
♠ ♠ ♠
It is almost over. Hope you liked it. =^_^=