Status: Completed =^_^=

The Heart of the Hearth

Chapter Three

I knew what was going on in the meeting room before we were even close to the doors. The raised voices of my other two brothers filled the ground level.

“If you think you’re so high and mighty, why don’t you prove it?!” Zeus’s voice echoed through the halls. My eyes widened. They weren’t really going to fight, were they? I took off toward the meeting room.

“Hestia!” Poseidon called after me. I could hear his footsteps echoing behind mine.

“Hestia! Don’t rush in there!”

I didn’t listen to him. I had to do something. I just had to.

“I just might!”

‘Please Hades don’t.’ I pleaded in my mind. I willed my feet to go faster. I had to stop them. I rounded a corner, the doors of the meeting room were now in my view. I was almost there.

I burst through the door in time to see what was unfolding. Demeter and Hera had left the table and were standing by the wall. Zeus and Hades were both standing away from their chairs. Hades was glowing in what looked like a flame of deep purple and black. Zeus’s hands were crackling with small yellow sparks as the air filled with static. They were going to fight. They were really going to attack each other. I watched in horror as they each pulled their hands back, before throwing them forward. Lightning hit Dark Earth in a powerful surge of energy. This collision caused an energy ripple that threw me backwards off my feet. I felt a strong pair of arms caught me.

“Hestia, are you alright?”

I’m fine.” I said, looking up at Poseidon as he stood me to my feet.

Zeus and Hades were concentrating their powers into their hands again for another attack. My eyes widened. They weren’t going to stop. I quickly took a few steps forward, but was stopped by a firm grip on my upper arm.

“No, Hestia. Don’t get involved.” Poseidon’s words were stern. It was rare that anyone saw a stern side of Poseidon. This change in him made me understand, even more, how serious this fight was. I watched as the second round of assaults flew through the air. They collided, causing another energy ripple. I shielded my faces from the power as I slid backward on the floor. I slide into Poseidon.

I looked up into my brother’s face, seeing his eyes full of emotions, but one stood out the most. He was torn. Poseidon wasn’t sure what he should do. He didn’t want our brothers to fight like this; but he also didn’t want them to stay mad at each other or turn on him. He was torn on what he should do as their brother and as a god.

I turned back to the fight. They were raising their arms for a third attack. I shut my eyes as I tilted my head forward, shaking it.

“No.” I mumbled. I felt the tears from before returning to my eyes. I let a tear fall from my eyes as another wave pushed us back. I could feel the tension in the air growing as Zeus and Hades called forth more of their powers. I could feel them concentrating it for their next attack. My eyes flew open as I watched them bringing their hands up again. It felt as if I was watching it in slow motion.

“STOP!” I screamed at the top of my lung. “STOP FIGHTING!” The tears in my voice could be heard as my screams shook the room. Demeter and Hera were looking at me with wide eyes. I was shocked too. I didn’t know my voice was that powerful. But that was what was on my mind. My eyes followed the movements of my two brothers. Their arms were ready for the next hit. But something was different. I watched Hades begin to lower to his arms. My heart jumped a little. He was stopping. His flame of energy that had been surrounding him was slowly disappearing. Then I looked over to Zeus. My eyes widened as I watched him throw his attack at Hades. Lightning sparked as it flew through the air. A bright light filled the room momentarily blinding us all. I shielded my eyes as I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me. I felt Poseidon’s forehead on the top of my head.

The light quickly faded, but it took my vision a few seconds to adjust. I peered around Poseidon to scan the scene that moments before was a small sibling war. The fountain on the guys side sat half-full as the fountain had stopped running. The chairs that were along the guys side of table were cracked and crumbling or missing the backs. The table along that side was missing chunks. The few vases of flowers that were on the table were knocked on their sides or crushed and their watery content slowly dripping to the floor. Some of the chairs on the other side of the table had been pushed onto their backs, their legs cracked, missing, and shooting up in odd angles. Then my eyes fell on my brothers.

Zeus was standing, hands down to his sides. His gaze looked forward, in the direction of Hades. I followed this gaze to see Hades lying face down on the floor, water from a broken vase forming a puddle next to him.

“Hades!” I yelled, forcing myself from Poseidon’s strong hold. As I took off, I felt Poseidon make a grab for me; but he missed. I ran to the side of my injured brother. I knelt beside him, resting my hands on his back. I could feel him softly breathing. He was alive.

“Hades, are you okay?” I asked. I was answered by a low groan. I watched as he placed his hands under him, pushing himself up. He lay on his side, a small grin on his face.

“We’re sorry, Hestia.” He lightly grinned at me. A few tears fell from my eyes. He was just struck by lightning and he was worrying about the fact that I was upset. I looked at his robes. The parts that covered his torso were black with char and still smoking.

“You idiot.” I said as I splashed some of the puddle of water on his robes.

“I’m more worried about you.” I continued to splash the water on him until I was sure that the smoke was gone. I watched his face as I splashed him. It seemed that the water was painful to him.

“I’m sorry.” I said as I stopped.

“It’s fine.” Hades said. He put his hands on the floor, pushing himself up. I moved over, getting under his left arm. I grabbed his wrist as I wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I helped him to his feet.

“Thank you.”

“Anytime, Hades.” I smiled at him. He returned it.

Our moment was ended as a voice boomed through the room.

“As decreed by the Laws of the Immortals, Hades, son of Cronos and Rhea, brother to the gods and goddesses of Mount Olympus, you are hereby banished from the city of Athens and the fortress known as Mount Olympus until given open invitation from the King of the Gods!” The room shook under the force of Zeus’s voice. I stared at him.

“What Laws of the Immortals?” Demeter had stepped forward.

“The Laws of the Immortals that were to be stated at the meeting that was held. Titles were to be given and Laws laid out.”

“The Laws were not known yet!” Poseidon stepped forward. “So this event should not be held accountable.”

“The King has spoken!” The room shook. I stared at Zeus in amazement. How could he be so cold? He had struck down his own brother and now he was banishing him.

“Hades, God of the Earth and Wealth, your title is now God of the Underworld and Wealth. You shall reign over the dead in a place of solitude. This is final!” He emphasized his last sentence. We all gazed at Zeus, my eyes shifting to Hades.

“I should have known this would happen.” Hades mumbled as he began to turn for the door. I stayed with him, helping him forward.

“The traitor with leave on his own. He is not to be helped.”

I began to whip around to face Zeus, but a hand rested on my head. I looked over at Hades. He smiled. He gave my hair a little ruffle.

“Don’t worry about it, squirt.” He let go of me, staggering and stumbling toward the door of the room. I watched his back until I could no longer see him. I tilted my head forward, wanting to cry again.

“Do not weep for a traitor-” I didn’t even let Zeus finish his words.

“He is not a traitor!” I spun, barking at Zeus. This surprised everyone. Zeus’s face showed shock for but a second, before he was back to his stern look of authority.

“As the King, I say that he is a traitor. That is final!”

“You have to be a brother before you can be a King!” I roared at him. His face filled with anger. My other siblings watched the two of us. I stared him in the eyes. I was half-expecting him to shot me down with lightning as he had done to Hades.

“Leave my sight!”

I kept eye contact with him for a few more moments, before turning for the door. I quickly walked to the open doors, resting a hand on each door knob. I stopped, turning back to face him again.

“My pleasure, your royal highn-ASS!” I yelled before slamming the doors and storming for the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long. Hope you all enjoy! =^_^=

Updated 8-7-12: Hey, found some mistakes; but they're all fixed now. - Love, Kiki

Updated 8- 31-12: Just fixed a few mistakes that I missed. Hope you all enjoy! Love - Kiki