Status: Completed =^_^=

The Heart of the Hearth

Chapter Nine

“What?”

Aster looked at me in complete shock. I looked away from, wishing I could hide.

“Hestia?”

I didn’t move. I just looked down, pickling at the grass. The gentle breeze began to blow, blowing my hair into my face.

“Hestia?” When Aster spoke this time, he moved his hand to my chin, pulling my face around to gaze at him. I was sure he could see the glistening in my eyes.

“Is it true?”

I nodded my head. “Yes.”

He still looked confused and in a daze. I couldn’t really blame him.

“What does it matter?’

I stared at Aster. I could not believe the words that had just left his mouth. What does it matter?

“Aster?” The only thing that I could do was stare at him.

“I mean it. I don’t care if you are a goddess or not. I love you, Hestia. What you are doesn’t matter to me.”

He smiled as he spoke. I smiled back as I was filled will joy.

“Oh, Aster!” I said as I threw my arms around him. “I love you, too.”

I felt him wrap his arms around me, holding me tenderly. Our hug lasted only for a moment, but it felt like an eternity. I could have stayed like that forever. As we pulled apart, we smiled to each other.

“But what about my brother?” I asked, “What if he finds out?”

He shook his head.

“What if he does?”

“Aster, you don’t understand.” I spoke, “My brother that I am talking about is the king of the gods.”

Aster’s expression got serious for a moment. He looked off across the field. I watched him as he thought.

“I don’t care.”

I looked at him in disbelief.

“But Aster-”

“No buts.” He said as he rested his hand on mine. “I don’t care what your brother says. I love you and want to be with you, Hestia.”

I gaped at him. “Aster…”

He smiled, “I know you are the one I am meant to be with.”

“All gods have soul mates.”

“Zeus doesn’t understand that this bond can connect an immortal to a mortal.”


Poseidon’s words played in my head as I smiled at Aster. I nodded my head.

“I agree.”

“Good.” Aster smiled at me. I returned the smiled as we gazed at each other. The two of us slowly began to lean forward. Then our lips met.
♠ ♠ ♠
They are just too cute! Hope you guys enjoy it! =^_^=