Status: Leave a comment? Pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry?

Beginning

Beginning

How could I lose him? How could he be gone? He was here just last night! I made him dinner, we had coffee together. He was telling me that he had had a surprise. He said –

“I can’t believe it either,” a soft voice brought me back to the present, reminded me of where I was – in my living room, talking with Angie, sipping tea with milk. “Seems like last night he was dropping me off at the doctor’s…” Tears were sliding down her cheeks again.

“I know it does,” I felt myself tearing up as well. “It seems like he was just here, like he could walk in that door any minute and say it was all a joke.” We sat in silence for a few moments, mourning him, remembering our last moments with him.

“I just…” she sobbed, her had resting on her belly. “I wish… The baby…”

“I know,” I whispered. “He would have been a great father. He always wanted—“ I had to stop before I lost it completely.

“I can’t believe I have to go through this alone.”

“No. You won’t be alone. You forget that this child will have a grandmother.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, this is day one. I wrote this in a couple hours... So, if it's not good, I'm sorry. Let me know what you think?