‹ Prequel: Beautiful Remains
Status: And let the ending begin

To Be Strong

Chase

I stood in the kitchen later that evening,watching Dean with the kids. Angel and Greg were chatting it up with their siblings while Dean joined in once in a while. I found myself gazing intently at my husband,the man I had been with for ten years now. I still couldn't believe it had been that long,everything seemed to fly by with us.

"Chase?" I heard my name and looked towards the voice,smiling when I found Dean standing in front of me. "You alright love?" he asked,his eyes shining brightly. I stared at him before nodding,reaching up and running my fingers through his hair. I worried as our years went by,knowing that Dean was so much older then me. The thought of losing him still tore at my heart.

"How about we see if Greg and Angel will watch the youngins tonight and you and I go out?" I asked softly,my eyes shining. Dean smiled and nodded,kissing my temple before walking off. I watched Dean talk with Angel and Greg who agreed easily,smiling at their father.

Time lapse

"You've been in thought a lot now love. are you sure everything is alright?" Dean asked,causing me to look up at him. I sighed softly and leaned back in the chair at the diner we were at.

"I just...I worry you know...worry that something will happen to you or me..." I said softly,causing Dean to raise an eyebrow "I know you say nothing will happen but something could and it worries me...I don't want to lose you...I've only had ten years with you...I want you" I said,reaching over and taking his hand.

Dean laughed and kissed my hand with a smile "I'm not going anywhere love and you're not either" He said,leaning over and kissing me. I knew in my mind that he was right but my heart couldn't help but still panic.

I prayed every night once Dean was asleep that I would get to keep him a little longer and each day we both wake up together,happier and even more in love then the day before.