‹ Prequel: Beautiful Remains
Status: And let the ending begin

To Be Strong

Dean

Looking at everyone, I felt an overflow of emotions. "Group hug!" Fred yelled out before enforcing it. We all joined in, and within moments, everyone was laughing.

"Why weren't we invited?!" Greg asked, squeezing his way between Jackson and Geoff. Angel placed himself between me and Chase. "Where's Will and Keegan?" Greg asked, looking at all of our faces.

"They'll be here in a couple of hours," Geoff said, smiling. "I figured Dean would have forgotten and Chase would have had other things on his mind, so I took the liberty of getting in contact with them."

"I owe you one, Geoff," I said, smiling at him. He nodded once, then winked. Being the first one to break. from the group, I untangled myself from arms and grabbed the keys to the car. "Come one, gents. There's water that hasn't seen us in a while." With that, I walked out the door, hearing laughter behind me.

Time Elapse

After a few hours of cliff diving, and tackling one another off the side of the cliff, we were all around a fire having a few cold ones. "Why did we split up?" Shaun asked quietly, causing many pairs of eyes to land on him. "We were all so happy around one another, able to just relax and have a good time. Now, everything seems more stressful, and lonely."

"Everyone moved on," I said, letting out a small sigh as I stared at the fire. "We came together as strangers, but split as a family. We all know everyone is there for us, just not physically. It's why I called us all together, to be able to have that feeling again."

"One last ride," Jackson said, raising his beer. "Cheers."

"Cheers," the rest of us said in unison. Taking a sip, we all fell quiet for a while, nothing but the sounds of our breathing and the fire crackling filling the air. We all looked up when another car pulled next to the others, and two figures stepped out.

"Sorry we're late, airport security and traffic were a bitch," Will said, grabbing a couple of beers and handing one to Keegan. They both took a spot on the only empty log, joining the group.

"No worries. As long as you're here now," Chase said, walking over to them and hugging them both. Once Chase sat back down next to me, I watched as Geoff reached behind Shaun and grabbed a guitar.

"It's been to long since we've been together, and it wouldn't be the same without a song or two," he said, reaching in his pocket and pulling out his guitar pick. Strumming a few chords for a while, we all just listened, everyone's sadness slipping out of sight for a while.

"I've heard there was a secret chord that David played, and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do you? It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth. The minor fall, the major lift. The baffled king composing Hallelujah..." he started, all of us smiling softly.

Joining him, we sang, "Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah." I glanced around the group before I sang the next verse, knowing that everyone else would be a bit scared to sing in front of everyone they've barely talked to in years. "Your faith was strong but you needed proof, you saw her bathing on the roof, er beauty in the moonlight overthrew you. She tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne, and she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the Hallelujah."

We went into the chorus again, all of us meeting the gazes of the once unbreakable family. Before anyone realized what was going on, both sets of twins and the triplets joined together in the next verse, everyone's heart seemed to fill with more emotion than ever. It made us realize we were more of a family than we ever knew. "Baby I have been here before, I know this room, I've walked this floor. I used to live alone before I knew you. I've seen your flag on the marble arch, love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah."

The song went on, as well as the night, and our hands came together for the first time is so long. Who were we now? Where were we going? And what would happen to us when we parted for what could possibly be the last time?