‹ Prequel: Beautiful Remains
Status: And let the ending begin

To Be Strong

Chase

Once back at the house,I watched my beloved family gather their things and make their way to their rooms. All the children sound asleep and their parents not far behind them. It had been a fun but exhausting day.

"Chase...Why don't you go relax in the shower and I'll join you shortly" Dean said,looking at me. I looked up from my hands and smiled,nodding my head. Leaning up,I pecked him on the cheek before turning and disappearing up stairs to our room.

Standing in the shower,my mind wondered back to ten years ago,the moment I fell in love with Dean. I thought about every single hardship and loving moment we had and shared together,turning I leaned against the wall and looked up at the ceiling as the water showered down on me. I knew my life had changed then but I never knew how much.

"Chase?" I heard a voice and looked at the door before it opened,Dean peeking in before smiling and entering. Closing the door and undressing before slipping into the shower with me,his arms sliding around my waist as he held me close "One more month and we'll have been together eleven years" he whispered.

I closed my eyes tightly and sighed "I know...is it sad that I don't look forward to our wedding anniversary anymore?" I asked looking at him "I mean...every one counts down to whenever our last moment together will be...I can't stop thinking about what would happen if I lost you.." I whispered,turning and resting my head on his chest. "I can't see myself without you Dean...you're a part of me...my better half" i said.

Dean chuckled and smiled warmly as his fingers ran through my hair "Chase,I'm not going to leave you...I know we've had our problems in the past but we're here..now..ten years later with an amazing family...You're with me and I'm with you...the exact place we're suppose to be" he whispered,lifting my chin and looking into my eyes.

Staring up at him I started laughing,a smile breaking across my face "You're right,I need to stop being a worry wort" I said,sliding my arms up around his neck "You're mine and I'm yours,nothing will tear us apart" I said and kissed him deeply.

If only I had known that something would try...very hard to tear Dean and I apart for good.