‹ Prequel: Beautiful Remains
Status: And let the ending begin

To Be Strong

Chase

I stood in the kitchen early the following morning,the smells of food wafting through the house and bringing the guests from their room and into the kitchen. I laughed as I heard the movement of chairs and sweet sighs of coffee as I continued to cook. I turned with the large plates of food and set everything down.

Once everyone had their own plate,I sat down with Dean and ate my own plate as the others remained quiet through the beginning of breakfast. It wasn't long until everyone was chatting it up and talking about plans for the day.

I looked over at William and Keegan,gazing at them intently before sighing softly as I thought about Quintin. I missed him like crazy and went to his grave site every single year,sometimes even more if Dean and I hit a rough patch.

Something about going there soothed me and made me feel whole again,thinking about this. I couldn't help but wonder how William had been,I knew he hadn't been there in a long time. I knew I'd have to talk to him about it later once everyone was gone.

Time Lapse

"William?" I asked,walking up to him. He turned and looked at me,raising an eyebrow "I was wondering if I could talk to you for a minute?" I asked. William nodded and walked off with me into the upstairs room so we could talk alone.

"What's going on?" He asked,looking at me as he sat down on the bed. I sat in the chair and sighed softly,rubbing my hands together before looking at him.

"I know it's been a few years since he passed...and it wasn't long after that that you and Keegan up and moved...I was wondering how you were holding up.." I said,looking at him. William seemed a bit taken back before he sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"It's been rough...I still dream about him Chase...I can still see him..I can feel him with me...I've even thought about somehow...joining him but then I look at Keegan...I see this man so in love with me..a man who needs me and I can't do it...I can't leave him" he said softly.

I looked at him in shock before sighing "He wouldn't want that Will...he'd want you to move on and be happy. Treasure what you two had together in that short time but live for now,be happy with Keegan. It's what Quintin would want. He wouldn't want you to sit and mourn him for the rest of your life" I said,reaching over and taking his hand.

William looked at me and smiled,nodding his head "I know..and I'm trying..thank you for talking with me" he said,standing up. I nodded and followed him out,I knew Will would still have issues but I prayed they would work everything out.