Falling Star

Red Plastic Sunglasses.

Chapter Three
The next day we had athletic tests. All the major athletes sat at the bottom of the bleachers eager to volunteer for every test. The non-athletic ones perched themselves up top in hopes of not being seen and the moderate ones sat someone in the middle. I sat with Nola in the non-athletic and looked around to find the hot guy from the quad sitting all the way on the bottom talking to some cheerleader type girl. He wore black sweat pants and a white I Set My Friends On Fire muscle shirt. She had her bleach blonde hair tied back in two pigtails. She wore a black spaghetti strap tank top and a pair of light pink shorts that almost revealed the bottom edge of her ass. I knew her name because she was the most popular girl on campus. Sophia-Annabelle  McDowell. I hated her before I even knew her name. Her overly peppy attitude made me want to vomit.
"Stop staring at him." Nola laughed. I felt my face flush slightly. 
"Who is he?," I half squeaked. She chuckles a little more and nodded.
"Logan Blackwell," She said in a particular girly voice,"The yummiest guy on campus." She burst out laughing and I followed suit. 
After the tests everyone cleared out of the gym and I stayed behind for no real reason. I stalled a little in the locker room and when I walked out, I crashed right into Logan Blackwell.
"Ow!" I yelped even though I hadent actually hurt myself on anything.
"Oh sorry I didn't see you there," he whispered shyly. I smiled and helped him pick up the books he had dropped.
"It was my fault I wasn't watching where I was going," I murmured. He just smiled at me.
"I'm Logan."
"Olivia," I held my hand out and he shook it firmly, his hand practically swallowing my own.
After he gathered his things he left without another word. 
When I stepped out into the sunlight from the gym's dull light I was taken back by the brightness.
"Need something?" Travis's voice called from behind me. I swung around, a little startled. He tossed me a pair of cheap red sunglasses. 
"Thanks," I put them on and started walking toward the school building. 
"Hold up, where ya headed?" Travis hopped down from his perch and stepped out in front of me.
"Class," I answered matter-of-factly. 
"Class hmm?" he linked are arms and smiled mischievously, "sounds thrilling but can I give you a second option?" I shrugged and tucked my hands in my pockets.
"Go ahead."
"Come hang with me," he gave me a killer smile and I was hooked. I was going whRether I liked it or not.
***Flashback***
I had never heard or seen my dad abusing my mom but I knew it was happening. I could see the pain and bruises. I could hear her crying at night from the pain and fear. I felt horrible for her. When she finally left and took me along it seemed almost to quiet. I didn't see my dad for months and after that night I wished I hadn't seen him ever again. The divorce had just been finalized. She and I were eating Chinese on the living room floor in our new house. We were smiling and laughing and talking about everything from the weather to movies. Everything seemed so peaceful and serene. Until we heard a car door slam and feet coming up the gravel driveway. My mom told me to get in my room but I just hid at the top of the stairs. I saw my dad stomp into the room.
"Calm down, don't do anything stupid," my mom said softly.
"I can't believe you went through with it, you fucking left me!" he growled and pulled a pistol out of his jacket.
"Don't do this," my mom's voice cracked slightly. Tears welling  up in her eyes. He pointed the barrel at her and she dove away from it. He grabbed her arm and she fought hard against his strength. After a long fight she slipped and he pinned her to the ground. The house in shambles around them everything suddenly went into slow motion. The gun shot rang throughout the house and settled into every corner. I watched in horror as my mom's lifeless corpse lay on the ground in a puddle of her own blood. And I cried more than I had ever cried before. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Somewhere this is a typo. I don't know where.