Falling Star

Teenage Wonderland

Chapter 4
Travis escorted me to a large building with dark red bricks on the very edge of the campus. The windows had a milky white tint and the pale blue paint on the door was peeling. He turned the rusted door knob and it make a complaining screech. With a little effort he pushed the door open and pulled me inside. The room was full of electronics and junk food. A teenage paradise.
"Wow," I said, my tone obviously breathy with surprise. He beamed and sat me down on the fluffy red velvet couch. 
"Welcome to my Wonderland," he said with a slight wink and flopped down next to me. After 45 minutes of video games and 8 cans of Pepsi we sat back, laughing and smiling. Travis laced my fingers with his and smiled at me.
"You're so beautiful," he leaned toward me and barely touched his lips to my cheek. I blushed slightly and kissed his lips so softly we barely touched. He tucked my hair behind my ear and kept kissing me, pressing a little more against me. A soft knock came at the door, making me jump back. Travis shot up and peeped out the white windows.
"What the..." he opened the door to reveal Sophia-Annabelle, dressed in a pink dress with little white bows and a pair of pink Chuck Taylor's. 
"Hey Travvy, do you have any..." she noticed me and gave me a very dirty look, "who's this?" 
"Uh this is Olivia, Olivia this is Sophia-Annabelle," he looked all around the room trying not to look at either of us.
"What is she doing here?" She said, her voice venomous an her eyes matching. 
"Leaving," I hopped off the couch and walked out, stopping the the doorway, " see ya around Travis." 
I took off back toward the school building. Lunch had just started so I went to find Nola. She was leaning up against the cafeteria door with an angry look on her face.
"You skipped with Travis?" she spat. A look of betrayal swept through her eyes. I backed away and bit the inside of my lip. She started to laugh and linked arms with me.
"I'm messing with ya," She pulled me out onto the quad where Logan Blackwell was sitting in our usual spot.
"Hey Olivia," he said when we walked up and stood right in front of him.
"That's our spot," Nola spat with obvious distaste. He shot her a dirty look and then brought his gaze back to me. 
"I'm sorry I just wanted to talk to you," he took my hand gently and pulled me off to the side.
"What's up?" I asked, tucking my hands in my hoodie pocket. He licked his lips nervously.
"Do you wanna go to the Fall Formal with me?" His voice cracked lightly. I blushed and tried to hold back the extreme excitement. 
"Ill think about it," I chewed my bottom lip and he frowned a bit.
"Logan!" a tall skinny guy with dark blue hair and silver eyes called. 
"I have to go," he smiled and pecked my cheek quickly before running off toward his friend. I walked back over to Nola. 
"What did he want?" she flopped down on the ground and leaned against her knees. I chewed my bottom lip, contemplating telling her about what just happened despite the obvious animosity between them.
"He asked me to Fall Formal," I shrugged like  it was no big deal.
"You said no right?" She half shouted with a serious tinge of hatred in her voice.
"Not exactly," I squeaked. She gave me a real 'Oh no you didn't' look. And I shrunk down a little. 
"You agreed?" she said through gritted teeth.
"No, I said 'I'll think about it'," she seemed a little happier by that and relaxed a bit. 
"He's bad news Olivia," she hopped up and took off across the quad. A tall shadow cast over me as I sat up I looked up to a pair of dark green eyes eyes. 
***Dream***
I stood in a garden. The roses were red but black paint covered them sloppily, letting the red show through. The thorns looked larger and sharper and the branches covered the ground thickly as dark grey smoke engulfed everything else. A garden swing sat in the middle between two statues of beautiful woman wrapped in white cloth. A small white envelope sat on the swing. My name was written across it in fancy handwriting. I opened it and inside was a piece of while parchment paper. There was beautiful cursive handwriting that almost seemed old fashions. The letter read;
My Olivia,
I'm sorry I could not give you this sooner but you must know this, holding such a letter in your hands create danger. Danger like you have never understood. Olivia in this letter are the secrets to discovering your true power....
There was more but the dream wouldn't let me read it. I could feel that there was some kind of darkness to this dream even though it wasn't nightmarish at all. As if some outer force was controlling it. 
That thought sent shivers down my spine.