Something to Remember

Chapter 1

JOHN:

It was going to be an amazing night, I could tell that much just by hearing the crowd from backstage. These people were fired up and I planned on giving them the show they wanted.

“John, we’re on in five,” Garrett called to me.

The whole band and crew was psyched for this concert; it was no secret that some hardcore The Maine fans had showed up tonight. Jared had already been mobbed on his way into the venue from the van and he literally had the scars the prove it. The poor guy was terrified. I found it completely hilarious.

I picked up my beer and joined the guys for our usual ritual. As we chanted, I felt the adrenaline in my veins. Nothing was going to ruin this show for us.

“We like to party! We like, we like to party!” We all clapped and closed in our circle. With one last cheer, we broke up and followed the noise of a crowd to the stage.

I loved this feeling, we all did. It was like a dose of invincibility to here the shouts and screams as we walked together . We were just five normal guys from Arizona who had hundreds of people calling our names. We lived for music and that wasn't ever going to change.

When we walked onto stage it was dark, but the crowd was already aware of our presence and the noise level went through the roof. I stood behind the microphone and looked out at the crowd, it was incredible. The place was sold out.

“How are you guys doing? Everyone having fun?” My questions were immediately answered by an onslaught of even more screams.

I smiled and looked back at Pat, he nodded, and we started playing “Identify”. As I finished the last verse before the chorus, the lights shot on and the confetti canons filled the place with red, white, and blue paper. People shreiked and I was filled with gratification. This was why we do what we do. This was why all the sacrifices were worth it.

SARAH:

Okay, I’ll admit it. John and his friends could put on one kick-ass of a show.

But that did not change anything. I was here for a reason and no matter how incredible the concert was, I had a plan that was not going to change. Hell, I didn’t care if Elvis Presley himself showed up.

John was going to wish he never screwed with me, and I was here to make sure he regreted it tonight.

JOHN:

The show was going even better than I could have imagined.

The energy in the venue was insane and we were all performing on higher levels than usual. I was confident that this was going to be the best night in our band’s history, that was, until I looked up at the balcony.

There, in the dim light, I could see her. I could have pick her out of any crowd and tonight was no different. She looked beautiful, as usual, but I knew she wasn’t here for the music.

After that, there was only one thought that crossed my mind. Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love The Maine so this story is just something I'm writing for fun. I know that it isn't like amazing or anything, but I thought that people might like to read it.

Leave me comments with what you think and any suggestions you have. Thanks for reading! :)